I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

^i PMed the guys. im sure tons of people have by now though so its not really going to do anything. he hasnt been on since the 8th wich i guess is pretty recently but by GDC standards its really not

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're getting one, dammit, whether they like it or not!

Haha seriously, though, I don't see them saying no to something like this.

im in. that would be so amazing to be a part of. who else is flying out to la if they get a star on the walk of fame

i am definatly in... of course i'm not exactly rich but i know a lot of gd fans around here so i'll tell them all about it

shut up!!!!!!!!!!!! that's not fucking selling out, jesus christ everyone is so stupid about this. Selling out is conforming or changing to get more MONEY, a star on the walk of fame will not get them money.

you people make my blood pressure rise

shut up!!!!!!!!!!!! that's not fucking selling out, jesus christ everyone is so stupid about this. Selling out is conforming or changing to get more MONEY, a star on the walk of fame will not get them money.

Who said 'money'?

and . . . . ? you just (in my opinion) defined Green Day during American Idiot

I'm in. WAY in! I'll donate my 40 bucks I have. xD

It's the least we can do. I mean, seeing all that Green Day has done for everyone of us, I'm sure they'd totally love it if we do this ONE thing for them. Hell, they DESERVE the star. More than anyone else.

And about charity, that wasn't even par tof the topic. I mean, sure, it's always good to help out, but this is about giving back to Green Day! :wink:

Um..

Sure it was 10 pages of people saying, "I'm in!" but if you read what Andres posted, he said that they need to work out all he details, contact people. Find out if GREEN DAY wants it.

Obviously, they need to figure out what to do, how to make this happen, before making it happen.

If they don't work it out now, then it'll not work, and well fall flat on our faces. :happy:

woah you know what i just realized. there are nearly 15000 member of GDC so if we each sent in a dollar we could raise the money in no time. but there are a lot of members who never come on here.

anyone know approximately how many active members there are on here?

I have been reading this thread for a few days now, i know, MAJOR lurker here lol

I think it is a brilliant idea, for fans to show their appreciation for GD err love for GD and their music.

If all goes well... and Green Day agrees to this, then i'm totally in and will start a lil GD bank here for the star :D

I told my mom about the idea and she loves it and will donate some $$ as well...i want to be able to say "I contributed to this star" if i ever go visit there in the future :cool:

Archived