VH1+Green Day= Ass-kissery, much?

Minna

You know I'm going to be one of the awesome people with tattoos in Latin.....

Hmm, maybe I'll do Hogwart's motto, that seems pretty intimidating.

Do you take Latin, or are you planning on taking it?

GET THE DARK MARK.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That which sustains me destroys me? I'm just guessing here.

And hell nah, I wouldn't get no baby. I want a snake wrapping around my arm, and a DRAGON! Oooh, and some Sanskrit or Hebrew writing! And---

I better start saving. :dry:

This reminds me of the Howard Stern Green Day interview from like 1997. Howard says how he's considering getting a tattoo, but he can't decide on one, and BJ says you just have to do it, or you'll never get it done. Whatever, that's his attitude. And clearly the reason why he has so many goddamn tattoos.

[/qu

I think they're his talismans.

And if you generally have alcohol floating around your system, maybe they hurt less! Anyway, pain is - relative.

And full marks for the Latin!

Let's get back on topic - hearing music that way totally devalues it; I hated the AI Wedding Crashers thing,it irritated me every time I saw it.

Haha, yeah I felt kind of embarrassed every time that came on and I was with someone else.

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

Do you take Latin, or are you planning on taking it?

GET THE DARK MARK.

I took a Latin correspondence course in 6th grade....

I did alright for my first 5 assignments, then I started getting C's and I had 200 more to go, so I gave up. :D

I still have my textbooks though, so I suppose I could teach myself. The book had awesome little cartoons in Latin. Ooh, the Dark Mark! What a fantastic idea! :wub:

Haha, yeah I felt kind of embarrassed every time that came on and I was with someone else.

Hey, folks- NOTHING compares to Green Day being played for a Napoleon Dynamite movie.

Although I could see you guys being rabid fans of that movie... Eek.

Green Day was played for Napoleon Dynamite? Which song? And yes, you would be correct. I love that movie, but I haven't watched it in a while.

I want this shirt.

What's the one they use all the time on Pimp My Ride? My mind's gone blank!

Haha, I dunno. I stopped watching that show, and I don't know why. I guess I got bored. Just skip to the end already!! That's all that really matters.

Haha, I dunno. I stopped watching that show, and I don't know why. I guess I got bored. Just skip to the end already!! That's all that really matters.

I dunno - all those guys beaming with simple pleasure at car things - bless their hearts! But then when the person comes on at the end and bursts into tears and says it's going to change their life because their car now has flames painted down the side, suicide doors and a giant tv in the back, the phrase 'Idiot America' leaps right to the front of my mind.

That, and the uncontrollable desire to slap!

BUT...BUT...they put a FIREPLACE in the back of a Blazer. Just because, and I quote, "We can."

It doesn't get any better than that.

Green Day was played for Napoleon Dynamite? Which song? And yes, you would be correct. I love that movie, but I haven't watched it in a while.

I want this shirt.

American Idiot was played.

The only even decent part of that movie was the part about Pedro... I've seen the "political experience" shirt and the "Impeach Pedro" shirt, and I kind of liked them both, but at the same time I hate to support that waste of life that is that movie.

Reading this page, I completely forgot what the orginal topic was...

Welcome to my world.

Maybe the waste of life is YOU, my friend.

No, it's definitely Napoleon Dynamite. :laugh:

It's not even FUNNY! How can you like something that god-awful?

No, it's definitely Napoleon Dynamite. :laugh:

It's not even FUNNY! How can you like something that god-awful?

It's a subtle kind of humor. Something you might appreciate when you're older. :wink:

It's a subtle kind of humor. Something you might appreciate when you're older. :wink:

If I need to be 16 to appreciate it, I'm going to lose my amazing sense of humor in two years.

If I need to be 16 to appreciate it, I'm going to lose my amazing sense of humor in two years.

Ouch. The young may be small, but they have sharp claws.

Ouch. The young may be small, but they have sharp claws.

You're such a quote-worthy person! All part of your allure, I guess.

You're such a quote-worthy person! All part of your allure, I guess.

:wub: You hurt, and then you heal. It's all part of our amazing dynamic.

'Tis indeed. This place is so boring when you're not on it!

Look at what happens when I go off to trawl the forum for something Green Day to write about - before I explode!

I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite - didn't like the clips I saw.

Now, where do you stand on Rushmore?

Aww. Well then, that makes it even harder to say goodbye, but I must. :( Got an early wake-up time tomorrow. Good night, my oratorical praying mantis!

Now, where do you stand on Rushmore?

I actually just watched that recently. I dunno, it's not laugh out loud funny (and I don't think it's supposed to be), but I liked it. It's all part of that subtle humor, a la Christopher Guest's mockumentaries or The Office. If that makes sense.

The way I see it, none of us here really have a clue when it comes down to the playing of songs in a tv show, commercial ect. Personally, I think that warner has the specific rights to play any green day song on any show they want, regardless if it "makes sense" with what the show is about. Therefore, it is not ass-kissery, it is more money for warner and/or green day.

Personally, whenever a green day song makes it's way on my television, I sing along, it saves me the trouble of having to go into my room, get my cd out, insert in the cd plyer and press play. Not to mention track changing...

Lighten the fuck up

P.S I love how the topic changed so quickly.

P.S I love how the topic changed so quickly.

It tends to do that when said topic sucks.

Oh, and well said about the other stuff.

Archived