Fav./Most Memorable Green Day Moment

heartlikegrenade

My own personal one is definitely when they played at Reading festival 2004, It was just the best live show I have ever seen. Especially 'Good riddance' when Billie Joe started to cry. That was such a moment.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine was when billie asked me if i could play guitar. I said i've been playing for a year. Then he picked someone else. :(

Mine was when billie asked me if i could play guitar. I said i've been playing for a year. Then he picked someone else. :(

omg bless ya! You must've been so gutted!

i think billies played on speed more than that one time. lol.

and my fav is probly billie kicking that guy's ass in 97. climbing the ball was sweet too.

i wish there were more of those, with all this success you wouldve think they wouldve done something really funny everyone would see, but theyve become...dare i say it....boring!

omg bless ya! You must've been so gutted!

Nah, it wasnt that bad. I was trying so hard to get his attention. I climbed onto some guys back and i was crowd surfing toward billie and he asked me some questions. The security took me out of the crowd and into that little gap infront of the stage when billie was talking to me. he gave me a high five and he let me go a little stage dive off of the end of the runway :cool:

Ive been practicing knowledge everyday know, so next time, im in!

yeah, they HAVE become boring.. my fav is the ball climbing.. ive been to florida.. that thing is HUGE! i wonder how tre' did it without getting hurt.. :blink: but thats prolly coz tre' rawks :eyebrows::thumbsup: lol

hahaha...sooooo many to count.

Billie car surfing.

the Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams car.

9-24-05, after Billie masturbated he sniffed his fingers and said "IT SMELLS LIKE SOME NORTHERN CALIFORNIA MARIJUANA IN HERE!!!"

Tre's fauxhawk, and just Tre is general is fucking eihtjekhr;ehjr indescribeable.

Guest Immortality

Probably Billie beating the shit out of that little fucker in the crowd. It's in the video section. "Go home to your mommy, you little bitch!"

And my favorite moment of them together is during Egos and Icons, they are describing when Billie fell off stage and they keep interrupting each other and laughing, it's just pretty funny and cute.

aww...poor you!!

should have lie to him!! :ph34r:

In L.A. when they came running out and the screams were so high pitched, my ears started ringing. Painful, but beautiful :)

One word

Comp'd

:wub::wub:

Two words - hell, yeah! I won't go on about it because I've done it so many times before but - Pasalacqua!!!

My personal :wub: has to be FOD at Woodstock - that lone, blue-haired little figure on the stage, facing down the mob of dumbass mudflingers, unshakeable in his determination to get his music heard, just blew me away the first time I saw it, and still does.

It's like a scene from a battle movie, someone taking a stand against the fucking barbarians - and then Mike and Tre explode into sound, and it's like the cavalry arrived!

When I come across unbelievers in this world, I drag their sorry asses to see this clip, and I say - 'You see that? That's what Green Day is!'

Hasn't failed yet, because no-one can deny it! :thumbsup:

Two words - hell, yeah! I won't go on about it because I've done it so many times before but - Pasalacqua!!!

My personal :wub: has to be FOD at Woodstock - that lone, blue-haired little figure on the stage, facing down the mob of dumbass mudflingers, unshakeable in his determination to get his music heard, just blew me away the first time I saw it, and still does.

It's like a scene from a battle movie, someone taking a stand against the fucking barbarians - and then Mike and Tre explode into sound, and it's like the cavalry arrived!

When I come across unbelievers in this world, I drag their sorry asses to see this clip, and I say - 'You see that? That's what Green Day is!'

Hasn't failed yet, because no-one can deny it! :thumbsup:

I love that clip! :happy:

I think the best moments have to be ones when you were there in person, even if there wasn't anything particularly story-worthy about them.

When they ran out on stage at my first concert. Until that moment, I don't think I realized that they would actually be there. Crazy.

^^ :laugh:

no at the end of basket case at woodstock where BJ heckles the dude with green hair

I wacthed this video fo them live in the bahamas or something, and some boat came up behind the stage, and Billie yelled "Hey, get the fuck out of here before we blow your boat up!" or something like that. Then he yelled "Ahhh, Pirates!!!"

that's from Goat Island during hitchin' a ride, 2000

Woodstock & Live 8, also when Billie kicked the shit out of the asshole in the audience and jumped into the pit, one of those three.

• 5 weeks later...

When they ran out on stage at my first concert. Until that moment, I don't think I realized that they would actually be there. Crazy.

Aww. That's sounds like an amazing feeling! My favorite memory is probably the part from BIAB with the whole 'why aren't there any clouds in the sky?! 'Cause God wants to watch his favorite band again!'. I really don't know, I mean GD to me - they always have such a great energy from what I have seen from the videos and heard from their music. I also have to agree that the most memorable ones would be the ones from concerts where you were actually there, but I have not been to one of their concerts.. yet.

Live 8...That weekend I'll never forget, it was hell but at the same time it was the best weekend I've ever had :cool:

Just when the Space odyssey music started playing at Milton keynes before they ran on. Every time i think of that i still get butterflies. Then when he starts playing AI. :woot:

Archived