Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

I actually have no idea what my mum likes, her fav. song is this crappy classical one. Yet, shes all 'I dont like classical music!' She wont tell me she just goes 'all sorts of stuff.'

And my dad well...When he was younger he'd be into like Judas Priest and heavy rock, now he's just into Robbie Willams and ect lol, he insists he likes Green Day when he likes like...two songs.

Oh and he calls me a Goth, so basically he doesnt have a frigging clue what styles match what music. Lol.

Specially seeing as I dont dress like a Goth, jeez.

My mum's responsible for all the old classic rock in my collection.. The Clash, Thunder, AC/DC, Status Quo, Queen, etc. Also she bought me the Sex Pistols CD Juiblee, and my dad got me into The Beatles, Deep Purple, Jefferson Airplane, Led Zeppelin, Spin Doctors, Nirvana, The Red Hot Chili Peppers,The Dandy Warhols... Basically I robbed their CDs and ripped them onto my PC :eyebrows:

I'm also an influence on my parents. My mum loves Green Day :lol: She likes Warning the best. Also Shennanigans. And I got my dad into a few stuff too, and even though he was an old rocker back in his day, he's gone to the blue side. And his famous quote "no discussing rock music at the dinner table!". Haha.

My mum dosn't really like music. And my dad is into rock. Pink Floyd, Genesis, Beatles, and such. I think I got my taste from him. I like some of his music. I don't buy his bands CD's and stuff but I don't mind listening to some of it. My mom hates Green Day. My dad kinda hates them. He loves a couple of their songs he heard on the radio. He really likes Wake Me Up When September Ends, When I Come Around, I Fought The Law, and Closing Time. Other then does he dosn't give a shit. But lately my parents have kinda been liking them less and less. I think sometime within a year or less Green Day might be cut out altogheter from me. *Sigh*

My mum's responsible for all the old classic rock in my collection.. The Clash, Thunder, AC/DC, Status Quo, Queen, etc. Also she bought me the Sex Pistols CD Juiblee, and my dad got me into The Beatles, Deep Purple, Jefferson Airplane, Led Zeppelin, Spin Doctors, Nirvana, The Red Hot Chili Peppers,The Dandy Warhols... Basically I robbed their CDs and ripped them onto my PC :eyebrows:

I'm also an influence on my parents. My mum loves Green Day :lol: She likes Warning the best. Also Shennanigans. And I got my dad into a few stuff too, and even though he was an old rocker back in his day, he's gone to the blue side. And his famous quote "no discussing rock music at the dinner table!". Haha.

You have really cool parents.

My parents are probably older than most of your grandparents :ph34r: so obviously their musical tastes are VERY different to mine. However they gave me a love of music by playing it constantly which is in itself a good thing I think. My dad was a classical music freak so that influenced me, my mum just loves singing but the taste was much to be desired: Barry Manilow, Jonny Mathis, crap like that. My brother was much more influential in my early musical taste (punk, metal).

my parents listen to the same music as me because they want to be "young" (to be more precised, what they think a "young" is !!! ) :wink:

pretty much exactly the same. metallica, pantera, korn, system of a down, the white stripes, and my mom likes green day, while dad likes a little green day. plus older stuff like led zeppelin, the who, jimi hendrix, the beatles, marty robbins, johnny cash, charlie daniels, george clinton, and just a wide array of music. if i like a band they don't know about, they'd give it a chance, and usually like it. i finally got them to listen to some ICP (rather than just hear it in the background) by having my mom listen to the song where they reveal their music is really about God, and telling stories about people who didn't follow His path, and then she wanted to hear some more. so, eventually, we got my dad to listen to some, and he seemed to enjoy it. it's definitely sure to annoy the neighbors more if we blast a song about killing rednecks than any metal we have.

They like alot of the Indie bands im into... but they arent such big fans of the harder bands lol.

Give em Duran Duran anyday

My mom likes russian music :down:

and my dad arabic...... :down:

But I heard my mom sing: :eyebrows: " Don't wanna be an Amiricin idit...... " :P

I had to be "Don't wanna be an American Idiot" but still it's a beginning

Me and my Mom,we listen one same music,old rock.Like The Clash,we love both that music,and U2,my mom likes a lot,just like me.Geh.But she don`t like metal or nu-metal what i listen sometimes.

My parents musical taste is very different than mine. Most of the time i thinks thats fine but sometimes i wished they were more into my kind of music. That they have cds of some older bands (classic rock) like the rolling stones, the sex pistols or the beatles so that i can listen to it :P . But they dont have that kind of music they are into phil collins, barry white, simply red, that kind of stuff. The only cd i borrow from my dad is one from bob marley. :)

My dad likes old people rock (eg Dire Straits), my mum likes a bit of everything from rock to indie to soft pop to heavy metal

My dad loves traditional Chinese music....uhh but he loves singing and music. My mom doesnt really listen to music much now, but she's more pop like Elvis, The Beatles, Micheal Jackson ( the good old one) ....they dont really like or hate my music. sometimes. :blink:

Both of my parents like a lot of classic rock, but now they're getting into different stuff. My brother and I listen to mostly rock, punk, and metal; Now both my parents love those genres.

My Mom loves CKY, Misfits, GG Allin, and Anti-Flag.. but she also likes old stuff like: Led Zeppelin, Little Feat, Beatles, etc.

My Dad loves Misfits, CKY, Yngwie Malmsteen, and GG Allin.. but he likes reggae and folk rock, too.

My music tastes have definately benn influenced by my parents.

My dad brought me to:David Bowie, The Beatles, The Who, The Doors, etc.

My mom brought me to:Bob Dylan, Talking Heads, Led Zeppelin

Me mom listens to 80's rock, 90's rock and today's rock...so me and mi mom are basicly the same when it comes to music....me dad listens to country and 80's and 90's rock(both LOVE Green Day new and old) like mother and dad like daughter...lol

My ma well i gotta her into green day and the clash....and i do like sum of the stuff she listens to and my dad doesnt like my muisc....but i like alot of his lol

my dad loves the american idiot album, he steals it from me everytime he goes into hospital :unsure:

My dad don't likes my music and my mom likes some songs of greenday and rock and stuff you know.

My dad is an beatles fan I can live with that because he never listens to music but my mom likes country and I hate it :sick::sick::sick:

My dad loves classic rock, like the Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zepellin, Deep Purple... so I basically got my taste from him.

i have a pretty similar music taste to my parents. they both like classic rock and oldies and motown like i do. my mom likes punk too. well, the stuff i listen to at least.

Well... my dad writes music but thats mostly jazz and classic... And my mum likes queen and musicals... they're both just very happy that I don't like stuff like britney or boybands and that crap...!

well my dad's not too bad. he likes every thing which includes hip hop shit unfourtuantly but then again he likes zeppelin and stuff which is ok.my mum doesnt listen to music really and never did.

Archived