Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

today i discovered that my mum's is getting really emotional when she listen to bon jovi (old bonjovi)

Actually, my mum does really well at keeping up with the recent music. She knows what song is #1 on said week before I do! Haha. I'm not much of a radio person though, and a lot of the mainstream music today doesn't particularly do anything for me either way.

But yeah, my mum loves Green Day. In fact, she sat down to watch Bullet In A Bible with me just last night! :D She's also come with me both times I've seen them live. So it's safe to say she appreciates a kick-ass band when she hears it ;p

My mum haven't really heard much Green Day. But I put "Wake me up when september ends" on a cd we had in the car and she listened to it all the time.

My dad likes a lot of REALLY old music. Stuff nobody has heard of. My mom listens to radio music but she says she also likes green day cuz of their political messages.

My parents quite like them, i've just made my dad a new compilation CD of his favourite songs of theirs and i've brainwashed my mum into caring for dominated love slave by playing it non stop in the car :whistle:lol:

My Dad likes them because they make proper albums and do long concerts. My Mom used to be big into punk - complete Jam groupie - but she's claiming the music annoys her now and she bought a Owl City album yesterday :ermm: She sorta likes Green Day but she's sick of hearing me play them!

I can sum up my dads music taste in one word. Springsteen :D

Not at all. My parents are mainly old school. My pops is into Run-DMC, 2pac, Beastie Boys, and etc. While my mom is into mainly R&B/Gospel, you know, like Whitney Houston, New Edition, Tina Turner, Mary J. Blige and the likes.

• 2 weeks later...

My mom completely hates the kind of music i like. She was so shocked that i loved all this classic punk rock music. She actually loves country :blink: which i find really odd.

My dad, however, is a huge punk fan. he loved classic punk music growing up and still does. I found a lot of vinils that where his and theyre great. it's really shocking when you first see him. he seems like the person who listens to clasical music and doesn't care for any 'louder' music. it's hard to believe he was a punk haha

My mom completely hates the kind of music i like. She was so shocked that i loved all this classic punk rock music. She actually loves country :blink: which i find really odd.

My dad, however, is a huge punk fan. he loved classic punk music growing up and still does. I found a lot of vinyls that where his and theyre great. it's really shocking when you first see him. he seems like the person who listens to clasical music and doesn't care for any 'louder' music. it's hard to believe he was a punk haha

Yeah my Dad's sorta like that too. He's all dressed like a proper business man and them he'll start talking about Patti Smith, or doing the soundboard for a Sex Pistols gig (lucky bastard :P )

Mom started to hate them because I'm always pissing her of with all the posters,T-shirts and albums that I want .She is listening to classics like Guns 'N Roses,Metallica,Depeche Mode,R.E.M and Queen.In her opinion,GD are just a bunch of young and bohemian guys with big dreams and small brains.She thinks that they don't know what real music is and she's always comparing them with sucky and shity bands like Tokyo Hotel and FOB....

My dad loves rock . . but mostly classical !

His fav Green Day song is Warning.

My mom like a few Green Day songs and she hum along sometimes :P

I like a lot of the stuff my dad listens to, and my mom's taste in music is just awful! Britney Spears, Madonna, every little pop song from the 80's and Eurovision Song Contest q: so no, they're not really into Green Day, though i've dragged both of them with me to concerts q:

I think my mum has a crush on Billie Joe xD She's always sayin' that she loves his voice, and that he's handsome too xD I definitely adore my mum xD

My parents came to the Manchester concert last week and they thought it was actually amazing. :happy:

...what an interesting thread. Yeah, my Mom's actually the one who got me into Green Day but I told her that she couldn't like Billie Joe because that would be weird. But I know she likes him.

This is also pretty irrelavent but my little cousin has a crush on Tre. :blink:

my parents and i have pretty similar musical tastes. My dad was the one that got me into green day and took me to my first GD show when i was 10.

My dad likes old school rock so he has somewhat appreciation for Green Day. I have told him that he has to come to one of their shows just to see how awesome they are live. As for my mum, she's into Motown and blues so I think there's little hope of liking Green Day there....

My mum took me to the Manchester gig last week - she now absolutely adores them :D

My dad loves old school Rock/ Metal too. Music like Guns 'n Roses and Slayer, wich I like as well. :)

He doesn't like Green Day much, tho

But I think he just says that to tease me or something -_-. He says they're a bunch of faggs and that kinds of shit.

My mum does like them :D . I some kind of introduced her to Green Day. She told me she wants to visit one of their concerts in the future. So i already look foreward to that. :runaround:

My dad like Green Day a bit more, ever since he went to the show at Mandalay Bay last year, I've even caught him listening to my CD once or twice. My mom on the other hand hates listening to them and says that they annoy her, but she is going to the Dallas in August. Took me about a year to convince her to go with me.

My Mum & Dad are really into like UB40 & Bob Marley. Which has a lot of cultural associations with punk music. So its kind of understandable how I got into Punk stuff.

My parents are into a load of religious shit, so it really pisses them off when I blast out GD. <3

I still need speakers though, so I can annoy them even more. :]

Why does everyone here have such cool parents that like Green Day?

Mine hate them. >.>

My mom likes Green Day. I think I forced them down her thoat so much, she began to accept them. She goes to their shows with me and jumps around in the pit (away from me). She really only likes their soft songs though.

My mom doesn't like Green Day. In fact, she doesn't like anything remotely loud xD But she does respect and tolerate their music when I listen to them in the car.

But my dad likes Green day :D He went with me to see American Idiot on broadway. He's only familiar with the albums American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown though. I want to introduce him to some of their older stuff soon :)

Archived