Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My parents like mostly oldies. They like a few Green Day songs. My mom put 2 songs on her Ipod. My parents have been listening to Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, etc. lately. It's driving me nuts. I'm like listen to some REAL music.

My mom likes Green Day mainly cos I never shut up about them :lol:

haha, thats how it was for me for a while. my parents were like "yeah they're good, i see why you like them" but they never really showed a ton of interest in green day. that was about 5 years ago, and within probably the last two years or so they've both become big fans, especially my mom :D she also has a big fat crush on billie :rolleyes:

My dad loves them, hes part of the reason I started liking them. My mom doesn't mind them, but she wouldn't go out of her way to pop their cd into her car or something.

My mom likes them. She made me put loads of their songs on her iPod. :P She's even going on a concert. :blink: I don't think my dad has an opinion on them. :P He's pretty "meh" bout it. He just thinks "EJN will never be a hit". Uhm, newsflash dad, it already is. :P

My dad loves them, hes part of the reason I started liking them.

Me too! Well, IDK if he "loves" them, but he likes them a lot. Him buying American Idiot was my first "introduction" to them. I had loved several of their songs before, but didn't know who did them, because I guess I was too young to think to look them up on the computer, lol.

I'm sure Green Day would've found their way into my life no matter what, BUT - I credit my dad speeding the process along a bit.

So, I stayed with my parents back in Belfast to see the 20th Oct show...

Mum had never heard of Green Day, so when Basket Case came on the tv, I was all like, Ooh, Mum! This is them!

She watched the video in silence for a bit, then said; 'Well, I can see you don't just like them for their looks.'

Ouch.

Firstly, that's a teensy bit harsh on the guys (I heard Billie was considered a sex god! :thumbsup: )

And secondly, what, as opposed to all those other bands that I do just like for their looks?! :dry:

So then of course I come back from the gig all excited and babbling about it, "...and then there was like a second encore that was just the singer and an acoustic guitar and he did three songs, blah blah"

Mum says, 'Oh, so they were actually singing live, then?'

:blink:

We're not even on the same planet, musically, are we?

Mom- Loves them. She's taking me when they come to the US again.

Dad- Doesn't get them. He listens to rock and thinks Green Day is just this little band :dry: but he does like a few of their songs.

• 2 months later...

my mom is more into the 70s and 80s shit, ad country. stupid country, it can go suck billie, mike, and tre's dicks. My dad likes some of the new music I like, he's alright with green day.

my perants are big into like 80's hair metal and prince and people like that but my perants CANT STAND green day.... so we dont really connect on most of our music choices! haha

well my parents like green day. :)

they went to the green day concert with me :)

but they are not as a hardcore fan as i am. i think my mom likes them a bit more than my dad tho she once said that billie looks a bit gay on of my posters :o

Hell yeah, my dad really likes Green Day. He's a total punk. :D When the Sex Pistols were in Finland my dad's band was the support band. That was cool, I got to hang out in the same backstage with the Pistols. :D Dad's a music teacher and a musician, and I've learned a lot from him. He's my biggest idol.

my mom is totally down for a summer road trip to see green day like maybe 4 times :banana: :banana: :banana:

depending on when are where they play

haha, that's funny... in my house i'm a loner, an outsider. my brother likes hiphop and techno, my dad prefers electronic and a kind of techno and my mom likes folk and a kind of techno too

i'm the only punk here so there always are fights about it... there's no rest in my house for me... =/:mad::(

My parents like anything I like. I mean everything. And that's a lot.

They also have their own interests that I don't like at all, like Ambrosia. :blink:

My dad has great taste in music...he likes Green Day :D He likes other stuff that I like too, though, like Nirvana, Silversun Pickups, My Chemical Romance, etc. My mom, on the other hand, listens to basically nothing but country and '70s music, so...

haha my dad was the one who got me into Green Day in the first place, and his friend got to meet them like before they got famous! i was so jealous! :)

My dad has great taste in music...he likes Green Day :D He likes other stuff that I like too, though, like Nirvana, Silversun Pickups, My Chemical Romance, etc. My mom, on the other hand, listens to basically nothing but country and '70s music, so...

wow i envy you so much... :dry::cry:

My parents like anything I like. I mean everything. And that's a lot.

They also have their own interests that I don't like at all, like Ambrosia. :blink:

what's Ambrosia??

My dad got me into the Beatles at a really young age, along with the beach boys. When I was younger I sought out other "Boy Bands" for lack of a better term. I'm ashamed to say I have 2 Backstreet Boys and 3 N*Sync CDs. However recently I got into Green Day, and my mom loves the new stuff. I guess she's not a big fan of pot, boredom, and masturbation. Though the Aug. 25th concert scared the shit out of her with the pyro and fireworks.

My dad hates Green Day. Even said the musical 21 Guns part was pathetic...god did I wanna do some smacking. XD

My mom listens to everything. 80s pop, classic rock, Lady Gaga, you name it. So naturally she's into some Green Day. :D My dad doesn't really listen to music, and when he does, it's usually something he used to listen to when he was in college and stuff like that.

wow i envy you so much... :dry::cry:

what's Ambrosia??

They're an old band from the early 70s, a really soft poppy band that didn't get a whole lot of recognition.

ick.

My older sister bought Dookie back in 1994, and her and I have liked them since. My dad says they have horrible vioces, and just bang on their instruments, but kinda likes Hold On. My mom didn't say she didn't like 21 Guns when she heard it on the radio. But seriously, how anyone not hear the melodies in Billie's songs is beyond me, except for maybe a few like Reject or Armatage Shanks, but only on the first listen.

my parents are funny to me...they're both straight up deadheads, but they always say they "respect" green day's music.

My parents like Green Day... And my dad drives me nuts whenever he sings them.

They're an old band from the early 70s, a really soft poppy band that didn't get a whole lot of recognition.

ick.

wow, thanks. a bit like Bee Gees... my parents love such oldies. Boney M (i like it too) and shit like that . it all sucks to me

Archived