Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My mum's been a GD fan since Dookie, and she was in tears by the end of the gig in Zurich.

She was saying to me 'thank you soo much for making me coming , it was amazing etc'

naw :wub:

My dad is who got me into Green Day :D i pretty much grew up listening to them however i didnt really get into them like until i was about 8 and now im 15, 16 next month so like yeh. He came with me to both the o2 and Wembley :D. My dads taste has influenced mine as i borrowed his cds and such so me and him go gigging together which is like our bonding time :happy: As for my mum she likes some songs especially King For A Day so my mum and dad are going to the Wembley Stadium show together whilst i go with my friends. Cant wait :D

My mum is well into them, she has all their albums and she made me like them too!!!

We went to see them on the 28th and she thought they were brilliant. My dad however thinks they're rubbish. Well he says now they are too modernised but they werent so bad before.

My mom loves "Peacemaker"... and that's about it. My dad doesn't like any particular songs, but since he's interested in music overall, he has listened to them a bit. He tends to make comparisons to other artists and songs that I can't really relate to... :D

my parents listens to everything. if it's good, they can be listening to Iron Maiden (more my dad but still) one moment and on the next listen to Michael Bublé.

I guess i got this weird taste in music from them, i also listen to a bit of everything, more to rock and all that but i can still listen to slower things :P

Same here. My mom only likes the slower songs.

When she is driving with me in my car, and we listen to the other songs she always asks me to turn the volume down.

I think she would like the FBHT album but she hasn't listened to it yet.

Yeah, I keep asking my mum to listen to FBHT too, she's not particularry interested though.... >.<

[Am I allowed to quote my own post???]

My mom listened to the FBHT album now but she didn't like it very much.

[sorry for offtopic, but: Laurra, your signature is so cool. I had to stare at it for a long time and watch it over and over again. :D ]

My Dad's decided (since he saw at Birminham with me) that they are very good live and very entertaining, he likes Minority. Suppose it's better than nothing. Now he's doing a lot of impressions of Tre (the staring eyes and the run :blink: ) He's even managed to get in on coming next June, his excuse "Well I'll only have to take you, your mother and your grandmother and pick you up. I might as well stay." Seen as he did exactly that for Take That and my Mum can drive, not a good excuse. Face it Dad you like them and want to see them live again. Period. (sorry to steal an American term :) )

• 2 weeks later...

My stepdad & I blast Green Day whenever we're driving together :D

& Idk if it counts as being a "fan," but my mom surprised me and put "Break a leg, my little Billie Joe Armstrong!" in the playbill for my school play. :wub:

I love my mum for coming to see Muse with me. She loves them.

But whenever it comes down to Green Day or any other band I listen to my parents just roll their eyes. According to my dad I'm 'going insane'. They will never understand and I don't expect them to.

My mom is a Billie Joe teenie. To the extreme. :ermm:

:lol:

My Mom loves Green Day, probably the only rock band she genuinely likes & respects.

However, last time I checked my Dad thought Green Day was laaaaaaaame. Pfft.

My mom likes country and oldies.

My dad likes showtunes from like the 40s and 50s.

Kill me now please.

My mum actually really likes Green Day, especially the songs Good Riddance, Macy's Day Parade, East Jesus Nowhere, 21 Guns, Minority, Basket Case, American Idiot, Holiday, Peacemaker, both of the Viva La Glorias, and Wake Me Up When September Ends. But my dad will only admit to liking American Idiot, Holiday and Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)

My mom likes Green Day, which is weird considering the content of some of their older songs (stuff she usually hates). She's always bugging me to take her when I see Green Day, but she's almost 55 and it'd be awkward sitting there while Billie touched himself.

My dad pretends to be into the new album, but I know it's just an attempt to bond with me. He likes the blues and some older rock, and I know he really doesn't like Green Day or anything else relatively new that much.

My parents both love Green Day. They were both sitting on 23/10/09 while I was standing on the barrier! so it worked out well. they have always been into classic rock and stuff like deep purple, led zep, guns n roses etc and as a result i love all the old bands too!

x

my step mom hates green day with a passion. im sure i could have changed her mind if she went to the concert with me but we didnt have enough tickets.

my dad loves green day although not as much as me :P

my grandma thinks green day are ok but she is in love with 21 guns everytime i visit her, she asks if i brought 21 guns :happy:

my step mom hates green day with a passion. im sure i could have changed her mind if she went to the concert with me but we didnt have enough tickets.

my dad loves green day although not as much as me :P

my grandma thinks green day are ok but she is in love with 21 guns everytime i visit her, she asks if i brought 21 guns :happy:

My grandma loves WMUWSE, I hope they play it next June because I would love to see her face if Billie does it acoustic. We'll have to carry her out (although we'll have to do that any way as she'll be stood up for like 4 hours!) :lol:

My mom loves Green Day, she prefers their newer stuff

She went with me to both GD concerts xD

My dad is more into 70/80 stuff :P

My grandma loves WMUWSE, I hope they play it next June because I would love to see her face if Billie does it acoustic. We'll have to carry her out (although we'll have to do that any way as she'll be stood up for like 4 hours!) :lol:

lol ya my grandma likes WMUWSE too :P

When I told my aunt I was going to see Green Day, she told me to have the time of my life. And yes, she knew what she was saying.

She is so cool.

My mother still thinks Green Day is some sort of enviromental origanization... go figure.... I just let her think what she wants :happy:

Guest Kellybrooo

My parents dont hate Green Day but they dont love them either. Its kind of a neutral feeling they have towards them. :D

Don't remember if I already have answer on this thread, but If I have I'm sorry that I spam :(

My dad likes only danish music.

But my mom, she likes the same music as I do (she's the reason that I like rock music :D). She even likes Green Day (she always steals my GD CD's when she visiting me :mad: ) She have listen to them as long as I have (15 years) We both got into them in 1994 (actually, it's my fault that she likes them too because I always played their CD's when I was living with my mom and dad :lol: ) But she's not that crazy about them as I am.

My mum's music taste annoys the bajeezuz out of me.

She claims to love Green Day, even though she has only ever listened to American Idiot :|

:verymad:

Apart from that she loves Madonna, Black Eyed Peas and other annoying music like that.

My dad likes cool music,

He likes The Clash, The Specials, and other bands like that, his music taste is quite open really :happy:

But unfortunately he's quite a self-righteous person...

My mom is a snob, there.. it's out in the world. I hardly ever talk to her..

But my dad is the greatest ever. He's a rockmusician, so he and I share music..

He was the one who introduced me to Green Day, so yeah, he loves them too.. not in the same way as I do though, but he sure as hell loves those guys. The other day he even said: "I've always liked Billie Joe. He seems so honest and down to earth.. that's the kinda guy I would love writing a song with!"

But my dad just likes cool music. He's the one who introduced me to almost everything I listen to. And he often sits around the house with his guitar playing When I Come Around, Wake Me Up, or any of the other songs.

I love my dad. He's the coolest guy I've ever known.. he's my best friend :wub:

Your dad sounds so kick-ass!

Wish my dad was like yours :(

:cry:

Archived