Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

my dads a big green day fan, he went with me on wednesday. and my mum does like their music, i think she was pretty jealous of us really haha so she'll probably come next time too

My parents like all kinds. They like mosly Top 40. They like a total of 5 Green Day songs. My dad was listening to 21 Guns earlier. I ran out of my room to listen to it.

My mum really liked Green Day when she was alive, she actually got me into them, she used to play their stuff in the car when i was a kid. She also saw them live back in 1992 at her old student union bar :D

Just because I love Green Day so much, my parents have become fans, also. They rock out with me when I hear them. They're huge classic rock and roll fans. They love The Who, The Beatles, Zeppelin...bands like that.

When Green Day played the VMA's, my mom was watching it with me. Right when the guys came on stage, my mom turned the volume on the t.v. to about 50 and I could actually feel the floor shake from the music. I looked at my mom like this after she did that: :wub:

my mum made me laugh the other day she isnt really a fan but she was looking through the programe i brought from the gig on saturday and said 'whos that' pointing to mike so i told her. She went on to say 'how old is he' so i said mid/late 30's and she said 'i would have said he was a lot older' i was like :huh: and then she went 'well i guess that what drugs do to you' i could stop laughing!!

My Mum likes all Green Day's ballads. WMUWSE is her favourite :wub:

She's a pretty average italian mum so she stands for sentimental songs :lol:

My dad came to see Green Day with me last week and he really enjoyed the show. He told me he thinks Tre is a very talented drummer and Billie has a beauitful voice :D

my dad asked me if he could borrow my cd (21st century breakdown)

so he could listen to it when he was driving to work xD

my mom doesn't really like them tough...

Guess i have my taste in music from my dad (thank god xD)

My Mum loves Green Day, she is coming to the show with me in December, and my Dad is coming too. They are both sitting though, whereas I will be right in the thick of it =]

It's really good that Mum likes them so much, because it means we get to listen to them in her car on trips and stuff.

Well me and my mom were driving one time and Good Riddance was playing on the radio and I told her that I was gonna learn this song. And she's like "I love this song!!" and I'm like "This is who I went to see that one time." and then she asked me who they were and she was like "Oh, I LOVE them!!!".

Yeah haha. I don't think she's even heard anything else by them.

My dad calls Green Day "Head banggin music" it's so funny.

But he loves Foxboro HotTubs, my cd went missing, it turns out he took it and plays it in his truck, I'm kinda glad though at least we agree on that.

and my mom likes anything, shes chill like that.

My parents don't like Green Day at all. They've been branded as "Headbanging music" ...

Though I like other bands my dad does like ZZTop and all those old school rock bands.

My father listens to GD sometimes but isn't such a big fan like me but he has sometimes one of their CDs in his car.

My mother doesn't like them at all.

I'm glad I have my music taste from my father! :D

My dad likes them, he has my copy of 21CB in his car.

My mum doesn't mind them (she's coming to Wembley with me next year), but she generally prefers slower music.

My mom yesaterday told me that she thinks that Jonas Brothers are so much better than Green day and that Green Day are horrible. I told her that Green Day aren't a comercial band that the only thing that they know about music it's money and to be cool, and my dad agreed with me and said "Since I saw them in live I think they are one of the greatest band that I've ever heard" I was so roud of him :D

My musical tastes were very much influenced by my dad. Especially seeing as he would be the one to buy any CDs I had.

Obviously as I have grown up a bit I have branched out a bit, but my dad took me to see Green Day at MK Bowl when I was 11. He isn't as big of a Green Day fan as me, but he grew up listening to The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, The Beatles stuff like that (I realise that the Beatles don't go with the rest of those really).

But yeah, my mum isn't massively into music, but she generally has pretty decent taste too :happy:

Neither my mum nor my dad like GD :/

But well, they don't hate them either.. My dad thinks they're okay and my mum likes some of their songs..

They both know how much I love Green Day, so at least they understand it..

Actually my brother influenced my music taste the most, he had Dookie at home before AI was released and I remember listening to Green Day at that time without knowing song names or whatever :D

My mum only likes some of the Green Day songs, like WMUWSE, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Good Riddence

Same here. My mom only likes the slower songs.

When she is driving with me in my car, and we listen to the other songs she always asks me to turn the volume down.

I think she would like the FHT album but she hasn't listened to it yet.

Same here. My mom only likes the slower songs.

When she is driving with me in my car, and we listen to the other songs she always asks me to turn the volume down.

I think she would like the FHT album but she hasn't listened to it yet.

Yeah, I keep asking my mum to listen to FBHT too, she's not particularry interested though.... >.<

my dad doesn't really listen to their music but loves them live. i took him to milton keynes, and he watches live stuff on tv.

he really bigged them up to my boyfriend before he saw them. so we're taking him wembley next year. :)

i think he said they're the best live band his seen.

Ouch, that's harsh. My mum is like that but with me eating meat instead, she's taking my pocket money away unless I choose to eat fish!! I think though that with music and things that allow you to express your own individuality, its just the parents way of trying to not let you become yourself, like, they always considered you their child who does everything they say, and suddenly you've got your own music taste and style and they're not happy, so they try to stop it. I think thats the case with my mum anyway, not sure if it was the same with you.

My Parents are exactly like this

this is the reason why i turned to punk music

i feel more free and i can stand up for my self

and most of my friends parents are like that and we all want to move out as so as were 18 or older

My mom like John Denver and a few other folky types. Some older Beatles stuff, random clean hip hop.... She's mostly interested in oldies if anything. She says Green Day, like most rock music, is too loud. I think she's okay with Good Riddance. She's really not a music person though. At all.

Now my dad is a huge rock music person... But only if the song is pre-1983. Haha. He seriously refuses to get into any modern rock. Only classic rock... Though he has some mysterious Paula Abdul tapes in his collection he refuses to talk about and I'm pretty sure he's liked Latin music... But yeah everything I listen to with him is classic rock.

Archived