Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

Guest jetblackheart

Hmm... my parents love musicals, Johnny Cash and Springsteen. But they listen to all kinds of music, even Shakira. :blink::ermm: One thing they don't listen to though, is Green Day. :down:

I got into a pretty long conversation with my mom tonight about how we both have a "slow burn" approach with their albums...we don't like/are neutral about the CDs (except for American Idiot which we both loved immediately) on first listen, and then we become enamored with them...basically the only thing we listen to in the car now is Green Day :lol: not that I'm complaining!

Meanwhile, my dad, God bless him, just thinks he's cool for knowing the first line of "American Idiot", and sings it all over the house, or when I bring the band up in conversation (which, let's face it, has been a lot the past 3 months). :lol:

Meanwhile, my dad, God bless him, just thinks he's cool for knowing the first line of "American Idiot", and sings it all over the house, or when I bring the band up in conversation (which, let's face it, has been a lot the past 3 months). :lol:

HAHAHA that's funny!

Kinda almost reminds me of my own mother, though she tends to try singing the choruses

My parents and I are entirely different. They listen to country. ewwwww....

Same here. My parents like oldies, country, and shit I hate. My mom gets pissed when I have my music up loud.

I've turned my dad into a green day fan. He came to the gig with me on Wednesday just to see why I loved the band so much and I was expecting him to stay at the back like most parents but nope he roughing it up the front with me and getting crushed.

At the end he told me he actually enjoyed himself and thought they were really good live

My mum listens to country and all, but I've got her into a few Green Day songs, she's obsessed with 21 Guns at the moment :lol:

I don't really know what music my dad likes.. he just listens to anything.

I don't really know what music my dad likes.. he just listens to anything.

Exactly like my dad ^^ (Only hiphop, than he turns off the radio.... YEAH.... I don't have to say "switch!" :D)

And my mum.... Some music is the same like I love.

But she doesn't like rough music (much guitar, drums)

In car she has to listen to GD *smile* (WmuwSE, BobD she loves too) ..But she would never switch them on on her own (ya know)

My dad somewhat likes green day,he knows there most famous songs and thats pretty much it...my moms WAY to absorbed with MADONNA tto think about any other band

I got onto this a bit late.

Well i am a parent and i am taking my 8 year old son to see GD tomorrow at Sheffield in Yorkshire. So yeah you could say we like the same music, however i do draw a line at watching or listening to kerrang lol.

My parents like Green Day. My dad more though, he was the one who got me into Green Day in the first place.

My mums always been a bit of a Barry Manilow fan :blink: I took her to see Gday in San Dieo in summer and she's now converted yay! A pretty good accomplishment lol to the point where now when she see's any of them on magazine covers she's going oh look it's Billie lol!

:banana:

My dad likes Green Day. Or he did. He doesn't so much anymore. My mom has never liked them.

I don't think my parents like to admit it, but they have definitely grown to like Green Day.

My dad likes 80s music and err, songs from then that I like. I don't really know what my mum's taste in music is. She just bought Alexandra Burkes new album? Not really my cup of tea. But oh well.

My dad loves Green Day. he pretty much insists we listen to it in the car most the time

then jokes about how a lot of the time you have to have a certain ear to understand what Billie Joe is singing.

aside from that dads into bob dylan, the grateful dead, eric clapton, the beatles, teenage bottlerocket, janis joplin, kings of leon, the kinks, the replacements, the ramones, the clash; he's pretty much open to anything I bring up as long as its not screaming death metal.

back when my mum was still around she was pretty much my music twin, plus a few more metal bands than i.

My mum likes Green Day now as she usually converts to a band I like even if it's not necessarily to her taste, but dad says he doesn't. Secretly, I know he does, but he tries to play it cool and says the same boring old 'joke' all the time to do with Green Day being Irish and whether their next video will include a Irish jig or something! WTF?! It's not funny, doesn't make sense, and got me so worked up the first few times that it hasn't got old to him. I'm ignoring it now, but he knows it bugs me so he still says it. Still, I see him enjoying their songs.... could be worse, he could make me put Sky Sports News on when I'm watching Green Day's Greatest Hits on the music channels or whatever.

My mum likes Green Day now as she usually converts to a band I like even if it's not necessarily to her taste, but dad says he doesn't. Secretly, I know he does, but he tries to play it cool and says the same boring old 'joke' all the time to do with Green Day being Irish and whether their next video will include a Irish jig or something! WTF?! It's not funny, doesn't make sense, and got me so worked up the first few times that it hasn't got old to him. I'm ignoring it now, but he knows it bugs me so he still says it. Still, I see him enjoying their songs.... could be worse, he could make me put Sky Sports News on when I'm watching Green Day's Greatest Hits on the music channels or whatever.

Haha this made me laugh, why are dads so cringy?!

Haha this made me laugh, why are dads so cringy?!

Urgh. I know. I should be past that stage of parents being cringy, but this just brings it all back.

My mom is a snob, there.. it's out in the world. I hardly ever talk to her..

But my dad is the greatest ever. He's a rockmusician, so he and I share music..

He was the one who introduced me to Green Day, so yeah, he loves them too.. not in the same way as I do though, but he sure as hell loves those guys. The other day he even said: "I've always liked Billie Joe. He seems so honest and down to earth.. that's the kinda guy I would love writing a song with!"

But my dad just likes cool music. He's the one who introduced me to almost everything I listen to. And he often sits around the house with his guitar playing When I Come Around, Wake Me Up, or any of the other songs.

I love my dad. He's the coolest guy I've ever known.. he's my best friend :wub:

Well...

My mom listens to 80s music.

My dad listens to Mexican Rap, or how he says it : "Chicano Rap, homes."

Yeah, weird.

So, i really got my music taste from neither, lol.

I think i got it from my sister, who likes about the same music i like.

:)

Archived