Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My dad has been playing Green Day since I was little, he even met Billie once when he went to see them when they werent big, he was just sitting at the bar.

My mom on the other hand says she like them but really she only likes Good Riddance, she says that she used to be a punk rocker but I just cant picture it.

My parent's music taste is alright.

They listen to mostly music from their generation- My mom likes the older mainstream pop, and my dad's more into Rock & Blues. But after hearing me play Green Day so much, they've grown to like them a lot. My mom likes their most popular songs for the most part, Especially like BOBD, WMUWSE, 21 Guns, & Good Riddance. But she really likes Church on Sunday. My dad's a big fan of Warning (His favorite GD song is Misery) & also the new album. :happy:

my dad likes them a little bit and not really sure about my mum but she is excited for me for when i go and see them lol ... bless her!!

My parents think they're alright.

But they don't understand why i'm so in love with them.

My mom likes boring old music but my dad is into punk. more classic rock though.

My Dad's music taste is really cool. He likes Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Sting, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and so on. Of course Green Day too. But he likes classic music too. Haha and he's even proud of that I'm listening to Green Day and rock music, cause most of the girls now love Britney and other shitty bands.

We were on the Green Days concert together- with my whole family, I mean me and my Dad were on the platform and my Mum (who btw went totally crazy about GD after the concert :P) with my sister were on sitting places, but they loved the show not less than me :D.

So now my Mum is into rock, but she won't despise ABBA or sth like that too :P.

My dad doesn't like the cussing, but thinks they sound great live. He respects them, but prefers his Temptations and Fleetwood Mac....

Now, Mom -- she freaking loves them. For Christmas a few years ago I gave her American Idiot (which is still the most listened to of the three CDs she owns) and she always took me to their concerts when I was younger because she enjoyed them as much as I did.

Her favorite member is Tre because she thinks they share the sense of humor -- whenever the subject of being alone comes up she has to say in her highest piched voice "All by myself!" :rolleyes:

Her exact words on Mike were, "He seems like such a lovely young man."

And she worries that Billie is too skinny. My mom is kind of like Mrs. Weasley.

Hahaha, well my parents don't really listen to my type of music...

My dad likes mostly country but he'll like random songs like "rock star" by nickelback and "lips of an angel" by hinder. Haha. It is quite hilarious. And my mom likes more of my music, but more so prefers oldie type of stuff like 70's. Classic rock and stuff.... I like some of it. But I'm thinking of taking my mom to the next Green Day concert...I think she'd like it!

And my grandma.....haha....this is great...

My grandma is like around 86 years old. It's just my grandma because her husband died of cancer when my mom was around my age....but my two brothers and I are (it feels) her only grandchildren because my mom's 3 brothers are 12,14,16 years older than her.... so all of their kids could be my uncles/aunts. But anyway, sometimes I'll be over at my grandmas...drinking an energy drink or something and my grandma tried it and likes it!! Hahaha. And she said i should bring her one sometime. And also, I like pizzeria pretzel combos (my parents hate them just because of the smell) but my grandma tried them and loves them! Hahah. And another time I was at her place doing scratch off (lottery) tickets and my grandma was curious of what they were...and asked me to go get her a couple. so we did a bunch of scratch offs. And then when I picked up my grandma one day to bring her out to our house.....I had Green Day playing and she didn't really like the loud songs but when Wake Me Up When September Ends started playing...........she said she really liked that song. Hahah. AND BEFORE the green day concert in Fargo...I called my grandma up to tell her a bunch of their music videos are on FUSE so she turned it to that channel so she could see what they looked like. Hahah. My grandma is awesome!!

My mom likes green day. My dad doesnt really. He considers them a "kid band". I hate that. Blink 182 is more of a kid band i think.

I am a mother of a 13-year old girl and I am more into Green Day than her. We have very different taste of music. She likes AC/DC, Rolling Stone, the old fashion kind. I just love Green Day. I even like The All-American Rejects and The Click Five for crying out loud. The only bands we can see eye to eye are the Motion City Soundtrack and Lostprophets. That's pretty much it!!! I just don't understand why she is not into Green Day. I think it is just so crazy.

Mum listens something like 'schlager' music, or then she doesn't listen anything :/ Dad listens Elvis Presley and wire music. Mum says every time when I listening GD (and she too, usually in car), "Well, this music is something I can listen too, not too hard.." And then she trying to reduce volume (she thinks I don't note it :pinch: ) Shes secret scare it's that somedays I start to listen heavy metal.. :devil: But I think I don't like it.

GD 4ever :P

I just realized that I might be the oldest person in this community! Pretty cool. :eyebrows:

nope. nowhere near the oldest :D

there sre people in theire 50s in here and i saw one person who joined just recently who was 60, or maybe 62?

well the taste for older music of the 70's and 80's I got from my parents but they're not really into music. I got many old ABBA and Queen CD's from my parents but now they only hear whats on the radio. my mother is the one who has got to hear my music because our PC is in the kitchen :D they used to like my music but know shes a little annoyed because she almost can sing the songs too xDDD

I AM THE PARENT..... I love all kinds of rock and punk.. always have always will..... am bringing my 14 year old son to GREEN DAY, got him standing tickets for his 14th birthday. Been taking him the gigs and festivals since he was 10. First festival was the Isle of Wight in 2005 (broke him in gently) did Aerosmith at Hyde Park for his birthday in 2006 and the last one was Sonisphere Knebworth this year... we go to gigs at Rock City regular .... we both like rock, i prefer the older stuff which i have got him into and he does prefer todays metal but we listen together. he plays guitar (just bought him a Matt Tuck Replicar Jackson to go with his replicar of Billy Joes white guitar) and bringing him to Green Day at Manchester on halloween....

were bestest mates and we gig regular....

Not all Parents are Dull Sado's..... some of still know how to ROCK..... :devil:

my lad doing holiday (his 2nd live gig)

okay... my parents are totally NOT into Green Day. They mostly listen.. hmm... how do I say it... ee, just see THIS and you'll get the picture. And they listen to some of that music that was popular in their times.

My mum doesn't really like Green Day. She calls them "stringscratchers". Or something like that.

My mom likes them. Well from AI and on. But she makes me turn it down when they drop the f-bomb.

If only she knew :ninja:

My parents don't like em I guess.My dad likes 80s pop(like Abba,Modern Talking etc),Beatles, and he's a MJ fan.

Well,my mom is catastrophe,she only likes pop music.

My parents kind of like Green Day.

My Mom's not really into rock music but she's heard me play them so much that I'll often catch her singing along to their songs! :P It's funny when she's singing minority 'cause she'll go "a free for all, da da da, you are your own sight" - you won't catch her swearing!

My Dad does actually like them though! He wouldn't have minded going to see them but fears he'll be slightly out of place (being 60!) haha

Both my parents love them, and my dad still talks about the Green Day concert he took me too in 2002. lol

my dad likes them a little bit and not really sure about my mum but she is excited for me for when i go and see them lol ... bless her!!

My mom hates rock music with a passion. And my dad CLAIMS he thinks Billie sounds like he's holding his nose shut when he sings. But it's pretty hard to believe when he can play a lot of their songs on the drums and I catch him singing their songs sometimes. :D

I'm a teacher and I teach Music History in my city, I give my students parents an outline of what what they would be listening to and learning about. The only complaint I have ever received (ever and about Green Day) was when we were studying punk rock music, and we listened to EJN, and American Eulogy. And I got a complaint about the lyrics and meaning behind these songs. Like come on 21 Guns nothing wrong with it, BOBD, nothing wrong, Horseshoes and Handgrenades there may be something wrong but Green Day is very popular and very radio friendly but at the same time can be very independent. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GREEN DAYS MUSIC. (There Live Concerts Are A Different Story.)

My mum and dad don't really like any music i like and vice versa, but the scary thing is that my grandma loves green day!

She's watched BIAB, got her own cd with a mixture of her GD favourites on and I even caught her trying my new GD t-shirt on (she's only small) :blink:

:)

haha your grandma likes green day. thats awesome

My mum likes Green Day, she's actually going to their show when they come here in December.

But i certainly haven't got my music tastes from her, i think she gets a lot of her music tastes from me and my sister, shes always trying to keep up with the music we listen to haha

Archived