Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My mom doesn't like them too much, but preferes them to most new music. She's mostly into classical an stuff though...My dad loves them. He wanted to go see them as the FBHT, but thought he'd be too old XD. He keeps telling me he's gonna steal my CDs and put them on his iPod...he likes music in general. Today he was asking about the crowd at GD concert's cause I think he wants to see them next time they come around.

My dad really doesn't care for them, but my mom has definatly grown to love them. We sing along in the car all the time :D

Shes got most of their albums on her IPod.

and she saw them with me in 2005, and then again this year. my mom is 52 and shes right down there on the floor with me. The most recent show, she actually got a seat, because she didn't want to deal with the crowd, but we got into soundcheck and they didn't check to see if she had a floor ticket later on, so she was right there with me in the front :thumbsup: turns out the crowd was AWESOME, neither of us got shoved or anything, not even once, and we actually had space to move our arms and get into our pockets if we needed to lol.

My mum adores Last Night On Earth, and I've caught her singing ¿Gloria? and iGloria! before :)

My mum adores Last Night On Earth, and I've caught her singing ¿Gloria? and iGloria! before :)

both 'rents like them. dad copied my american idiot cd and has been playing it loads lately. :)

My parents like Green Day too (thanks God for them, 'cause I listen to them very often and I talk of them very often too!) But I think my mom loves them more than my father does: she really would like to go to one of their shows with me!

My grandmother likes them too (and contrary to my parents she doesn't freak out when I'm talking to her about their piercings and tattoos lol)

and my friends... some of them hate Green Day, others don't care about them, and other love them too!

my mum loves green day she is so excited about seeing them in october she is already planning her wardrobe lmao

My parents definitely don't mind Green Day. They're the reason I've been listening to them since I was in the womb.

Neither of my parents listen to gd very much, but they both like them. I'm going to the concert in stockholm in october with them and my sister (;

My dad likes Green Day, but not as much as I do. My mom loves Green Day though! She actually surprised me with tickets for us to go to the show in August! It was awesome! :D

My Dad, yes. Apparently he liked Dookie when it first came out, as someone at work showed it him when i was a baby. My mom, no, as she listens to love songs and reggae.

Mum and dad both love green day, they even watched the VMA's to see them! Though mum did say billie looked like a spaniel with the blonde bits but she was still drooling over him!

Neither of my parents really like Green Day. My mum likes all this crappy 70's pop stuff.

& my dad rants about how they're not real punk!

my dads actually the one who got me into Green Day

i've basically been listening to them my entire life.

my dad saw them when they played Woodstock.

said it was crazy.

My mom on the other hand doesnt know much about music.

My mom thinks Mike looks like an old-timey badass country singer, like Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings.

I've asked her several times why she thinks this, but she's never been able to explain it to my liking.

She took me to see them this summer, mostly because it was my birthday present.

My mom likes them, and wants to see them in concert with me some time on this tour, if we can afford it.

My dad...he doesn't care for them much, I don't think. I know he doesn't like the fact Billie's bisexual.

^ What is the Mitten State?

My parents have actually come to enjoy Green Day after so many years of hearing me play their CD's. On my last trip home, we were listening to 21 CB and my dad was like "you know, I quite like this album!" it was awesome. My mom always tells me when she hears their songs. She'll call me and say "I heard Wake me up when September ends at the mall today!" It's cute :lol: My Dad was not a fan when I was 15 and listening to them though, he didn't like the lyrics haha!

Ahhh! My parents just told me they really wanna go to the american idiot musical! They just became so much cooler.

My moms always asking me to send her GD music. I love it

^ What is the Mitten State?

Dammit, Mar beat me to it.

Anyway, the Mitten State is Michigan, also known as "the most boring state ever."

Only the lower peninsula (where I live) looks like a mitten, though. I've been told that the upper peninsula looks like a running rabbit, but I don't see it.

My dad, who passed away in 2006, was a big GD fan. He saw the band in Appleton, WI in a barn with Pansy Division on the Dookie tour and got to hang out with Billie Joe outside a porta potty apparently. My old boss at KFC told me a story once about how he saw GD in 1992 in Milwaukee above an abortion clinic.

My dad, who passed away in 2006, was a big GD fan. He saw the band in Appleton, WI in a barn with Pansy Division on the Dookie tour and got to hang out with Billie Joe outside a porta potty apparently. My old boss at KFC told me a story once about how he saw GD in 1992 in Milwaukee above an abortion clinic.

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

They played above an abortion clinic? Weird.

What are your parents favorite Green Day songs? My mom is single and her favorites are:

Wake Me Up When September Ends, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life), 21 Guns, and Macy's Day Parade (not in any particular order)

Archived