what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Oficially, Brain Stew xD But the one who made me fan, American Idiot :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Whatsername95

I think the first song I heard was Basket Case, but Know your Enemy made me a fan :happy:

I didn't like it that much at first, but then I started to listen to their other songs on Youtube and I immediately loved them :wub:

Well, according to my mum I used to sing When I Come Around when I was little.. but I was only around 2 and I can't remember it.

But I do remember Good Riddance being played constantly on the radio here. So I'll go with that :pinch:

And that's when I proper got into them :happy:

holiday :) and its still one of my top favourites today :D

First song I (consciously) heard was Good Riddance, but Holiday made me a fan :)

The first one i heard was Basket Case when i was like five and liked that song. But when American Idiot came out was when i became a proper fan (:

God knows what the first song I heard was, but I just remember Longview was the one that made me go "Holy shit.....this band is amazing!"

BOBD, and it was the first song from Green Day that I knew all the lyrics to. :)

Mine was Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) back in 2000...i then went and bought ISH so i could listen to the other old stuff and just fell in love with them :wub:

first song I knew was Basket Case but I fell in love with Boulevard of Broken Dreams I think...it's totally genius...his voice is INCREDIBLE :wub:

Holiday. i might have heard good ridance at school mass before that though.

Boulevard of broken dreams :)

first song I heard and saw of green day.

At that point I was like :o

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life).

In 1998.

I was like, 3. xD

Yeah, my mom is into them, and she would play her casettes (child of the 90's ForTheWin!) and I'd rock out on the way to preschool. haha.

I didn't know much more than Basket Case, When I Come Around, Time of Your Life, and a couple American Idiot songs, until I got to 4th grade.

We were playing musical chairs in music class, and the teacher put Time of Your Life on and I totally fangirled in the middle of class. :lol:

That day I realized how epic they were so I went home, and looked up everything I could, and checked out some of their other songs that I hadn't heard, my mom went out and got me American Idiot for Chirstmas that year, and the rest is history. ;]

The first song I heard and loved was 2,000 Light Years Away back in 1994. My sister meant to get Dookie at the record store, but ended up with Kerplunk, she didn't like it so she gave it to me. It was on cassette tape.

She, It soon became, and still is, my personal anthem, as dramatic and egotistical as it sounds. It's uplifting to me, in a way.

Mine was Wake me up when September Ends!I loved that song!!

And then I heard holiday and I found my favourite band!

Minority. I felt in love with the lyrics.

Archived