what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I heard it on the radio and fell in love with it..Bless you, kiss fm!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Riddance but didn't really know who i was until later when my mother told me it was in fact Green Day, the same people who did 'Dookie', which I was obessed with at the time of seeing the Good Riddance video

Good Riddance. It was when I saw the video on television. And in fact, that was first time I ever heard and seen Green Day. :)

The first song I knew was Green Day was Good Riddance. But then soon after I bought AI I bought ISH and remembered basket Case and When I Come Around. So I guess those are the first I technically heard.

Now I need to think...

I think it was Holiday, it was so catchy and it was stuck in my head for days. I knew green day but I didn't really listen to it. Till one day I saw a schoolmate putting American Idiot into his locker and I asked if I could listen to it. So did I and the next day I bought my own copy. Two weeks later I bought Dookie and later on kerplunk an 1,039 SOSH, I like the old Green Day. I like American Idiot to, but it's different.

Sorry if there's any mistakes in my grammar. English is not my mother tongue :)

I think it was When I Come Around. I remember hearing it when I was little, but I never knew until I bought American Idiot and got into Green Day. When I listened to Dookie for the first time I knew I had heard that song before.

American Idiot. And I'm not going to be ashamed of it.

When I had gone and listened to older Green Day stuff, I recognized a lot of the songs. So I had probably grown up hearing Green Day songs a lot of places, but was oblivious as to who the song was by.

The first i can remember is Burnout...but i know my brother had Kerplunk so i might have heard a song from that Cd first...not that i can remember though..

okay, I'm sure I heard them before this, because two of my sisters have liked Green Day since the Kerplunk! era, but the first song I ever like, paid attention to, and knew that the name of the band that did the song was Green Day was Minority...I happened to be watching TRL when its music video premiered.

It was either Good Riddance or Warning, i cant remember which one but AI made me a fan

Good Riddance

To be honest, I seriously can't remember.

My mum and brother used to play them loaodss, so chances are haha, the first song off either Kerplunk or Dookie.

Archived