what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

the first i heard - American Idiot

the the one that made me a fan - Holiday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my friend played me Hitchin a ride, and I feel in love, so she leant me her copy of nimrod and i've been a fan ever since. :D

I really don't know. :blink: I do remember hearing wmuwse for the first time though, but i think i new about green day before that, :lol:

The first song I heard was Good Riddance, and I liked it, but since I was five at the time, I didn't really know their other stuff.

I remember the exact moment I got into Green Day. It was 7th grade, and my friend told me he got AI for Christmas, because he liked Boulevard of Broken Dreams. It was on the radio one day, and I just turned it up and listened to every word and that's when the obsession started....then it kinda just grew from there, and soon I was buying every GD album I could get my hands on and putting posters all over my walls and getting my parents into them....:lol:

I think I heard Basket Case first, but I really started to like them when I promoted to Good Riddance, then I went 100% Green Day crazy when I heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams!!! Then when I became a huge fan I knew so many songs by them I just didn't know they were by Green Day!!!

Warning! When I was a wee child, I was obsessed with that song/cd.

the first song i hear was Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life), but i don't really count it .... coz ... well, i knew it was Green Day, but i wasn't judging the band at that time.

the first song i heard when i was actually judging the band was Walking Contradiction.

i didn't like it xD (i love it now, but ... y'know ... that was back then xD)

there were two songs that really made me fall in love with teh band .... the first was Holiday .... coz the first time I heard it was from a video of a live performance ... and the way Billie introduced it made me fall in love. "This song is a big f*ck you to all the politicians out there!" adn teh second was their cover of Working Class Hero by John Lennon .... because i've always loved John Lennon and Green Day's cover of that song is BRILLIANT

i'm just wondering if i heard basket case on the radio when i was a baby and didnt realize it D:

I was so sheltered and polite before I found Green Day. The first song I heard was Holiday.

After that, I found my way. The more I listened to Green Day the more I realized they related to my life more then I ever knew.

Holiday was the first song that made me want to be a fan. The whole Dookie album just confirmed my interest. xD More specifically, When I Come Around.

I wish it could've been something older, but I'm too young :lol:

American Idiot. Fell in love instantly.

boulevard of broken dreams, i heard it on the radio when i was going through tough times and the lyrics stood out and effected me so much, then i got all there albums. :)

It was American Idiot, I saw a commercial of American Idiot the album back in 2004 and fell in love with that song. :happy: Then I got that album from my big brother and listened it non-stop. That's how I became Green Day fan. I was like 12 years old ! :lol:

The first song I heard was either Good Riddance or When I Come Around. American Idiot made me like them, Jesus of Suburbia made me love them.

im 14 so when american idiot came out i was about 6 or 7 - the very first green day song I heard was boulevard of broken dreams which I loved and I never really got into them until 21st century breakdown came out, when the first song I heard after a good few years was '21 Guns'

Now i love all of their albums including all of the really old stuff

Archived