what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

not sure if I've answered this before but I don't remember greenday and AFI are bands I've always heard along with oldies like the Cure and the Clash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basket Case I was twelve but I wasn't really into their music then;

I guess the media hype around their album “American Idiot“ brought my attention back to the group.

I guess the media hype around their album “American Idiot“ brought my attention back to the group.

this album brought my attention back to the group too!

Welcome to Paradise, my aunt had that on ALL of the time, I grew up listening to them.

hey

american idiot was the first song i heard :whistling: . i kinda liked it. i dont remember how i started being a fan, but thats the first time i heard green day.

basketcase seems to be the one most ave heard and that got me hooked on green day to BASKETCASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't remember if the first one was American Idiot or Good Ridance... I think it was American Idiot on T.V

The first song I heard was Christie Road. I heard it when I went to my friends house one time.

I love that song. :happy:

Good Riddance when International Superhits came out. I looked it up on musicmatch jukebox and listend to the other stuff I loved it and I was hooked.

I've already replied to this thread but I just wanted to say...I make my 7 year old nephew listen to my music all the time and his current favourite songs are Give It Away (RHCP) and Christie Road :D

Who knows...maybe in 5/10 years time he'll be saying that Christie Raod was the first song that made him fall in love with Green Day......all thanks to his uber cool auntie :P

LOL. A song about going to a place to get high. Gread influence on the children. :wink:

LOL. A song about going to a place to get high. Gread influence on the children. :wink:

Haha...he doesn't have to know that :P

• 2 weeks later...

first song ever was good riddance when i was little and i loved it

then i heard american idiot and fell in love with the music/band

then i realised that good riddance was by them coz i didnt no that :/

and then i loved them even more :wub:

Good Riddance was technically the first Green Day song I ever heard, but seeing the American Idiot music video on tv was the first time I actually really knew who they were.

same

I hate Green Day.

why are you on here then?????

Guest Spiffer

same

why are you on here then?????

When i read the rules i don't remember it saying that to join this forum you had to like green day.

Archived