what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Good Riddance(time of your life), on the radio sometime when i was in middle school(i'm a junior in high school now). but then i heard American Idiot & i thought that i just had to hear every song they've ever done........still working on it!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard When I Come Around and Good Riddance forever, but didn't know it was GD. I don't remember which song made me a fan, but when I first saw the American Idiot video, I thought, geez, what an unpatriotic band!

I feel quite differently now. :lol:

I remember hearing Blvd. of Broken Dreams in the car on the way to a family Christmas dinner thing. I had no clue who the heck Green Day were. I don't even think I liked the song at first. But then at school some kid was watching the video at school, and I liked the video, and started to kinda like the song. Then when I heard American Idiot too, I loved it, so I decided to buy the CD. Best desicion I ever made was to buy that

CD!! :thumbsup::wub:

P.S. I'm not sure if I posted here or not, before.

well the first green day song i've ever hard wuz good riddance when i was maybe 3. so i wanst a die hard fan of them since i didnt no there name but i loved the song. so it actually took me awile to become a fan. i got inspired by american idiot though. i remember the exact day i became a diehard obsessice GD fan. it was feb 13 2005 and when they profromed american idiot i fell in love :wub: but i'm not a tennie or anything who just likes american idiot and doesnt no about them at all. i have every single album and think they kick ass! and am completley inspired by them and evrything they do! YEAH :banana:

I heard Good Riddance alot but never knew who it was. My cousin was and still is a big Green Day fan and always tried to rub it off on my brother even though it rubbed off on me.

The first song that made me a Green Day fan was When I Come Around.

basket case.

not when it just came out though. i was 3 at the time so yeh. i think it was in 2003 or 2002 or something.

The first song I ever heard was Good Riddance, but the one that made me a fan was Deadbeat Holiday. My friend had the Warning cd and when I heard it I fell in love!

• 2 weeks later...

Saint Jimmy - a friend was singing the song,I asked :"that is Green day?",he replied:"yes ,you must listen the full song",and I like it,at the moment it`s my favorite song.It was in 2006.

the first song i heard was when i was like 7/..... it was time of your life.. but i hated green day then

the song that made me a fan was holiday. i was sitting on my couch watching mtv when holiday came on but i missed the name of the band and song. so i waited till the end of the song so i could write the name of the band down. when i saw it was green day i flipped out and was like.... man... i love these guys.

Archived