what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

I heard basketcase quite a lot before but it never made me a fan

i remember my mum used to know all the lyrics :/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i was really little, like 6 i would hear welcome to paradise at my cousins house all the time and thats when i fell inlove w/ green day :wub:

Jesus of Suburbia (Dearly Beloved) is the first song that really made me want to get to know more about them. And oddly enough it's all because of a boy I liked and no longer even talk to.

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams this was my first Green Day song ...but what made me become a fan was Jesus of Suburbia

No song really, I just wanted to see them live so yeah i'm not really a fanatic about them

when they played holiday live i think it was holiday, at the mtv awards and that got me into them but when i told my dad he said i used to love basket case and longview when i was like 5 or 6 so i guess them two aswell.

the first song i heard by them was time of your life, when it was on the finale of seinfeld. I always liked the song, but I really became a fan when i heard B.O.B.D. on some random FOX commercial for some show they were promoting.

My first song that I heard of them was Basket Case but the one who really got me into Green Day was American Idiot. I saw the music video in MTV and after that I bought there CD and I become a fan.

i first heard when i come around on the radio like forever ago, but the one that made me a fan was probably holiday

My first one was When I Come Around. I was REALLY little, and liked the song, but had NO idea that a band called Green Day even existed. :lol: But now they're my favorite band, of course! :rolleyes:

Hitchin' a Ride, saw the vid on mtv thought it was brilliant! Then realised i already knew who Green Day were! Been a fan since! :D

oh god the first green day i heard song was when i come around i couldnt stop listening 2 it. it was just great! loved it so much still do :wub:

The first song I saw/ heared was Boulevard of Broken Dreams on MTV. I liked BJ's face and his voice and so I remembered it and as I've seen Wake me up when sept ends Iloved Green Day's music!!!

i discover the band with warning, that line made me a fan''question everything or u will be a victim of authority'' :eyebrows:

i love that line, i love every word of that song :P

question everything people¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

the first song I ever heard was Good Riddance I was 6 i think.

The song that made me a fan was American Idiot and I got obsessed when BOBD came out

i heard good riddance first but the song i heard that made me realize that i wanted to be a fan was jesus of suburbia if a band can make a 9+ minute song where i can enjoy every second of it they deserve to have lots of fans

I would have to say Minority. I'm sure there were some other older songs I loved, but I just wasn't old enough to really appreciate GD until Warning came out when I was 8. My obsession started after I got my hands on my Dad's Dookie cd a couple of years back. I played the hell out of that sucker... and still do :happy: .

I'd have to say BOBD. I had turned on MTV one morning while I was getting ready for school and the video came on and I'm pretty sure that was the first time I had heard it and I was singing along... :mellow:

but I had heard Basketcase and Good Riddance way back when.

I believe the first one I heard was Good Riddance and then I bought Dookie. But I became a bigger fan after Warning came out.

Archived