what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first song i ever heard was time of your life, then time of your life again.

then at like, December 31, 2004 this girl told me that Green Day was a good band and I was like, "who the hell is green day?" and yeah.

but when I was in F.Y.E. on April 24, 2005, i heard part of Boulevard of Broken Dreams cuz everyone at school kept talking about them, so i bought them.

but the first one I ever heard that made me a fan was American Idiot because it's the first song and yeah. Been my favorite band ever since.

I'm pretty sure it was basket case...then when i come around...good riddance...minority

What made me a die hard green day fan?

Their concert

Good Riddance.

My brother listened to Green Day when I was younger, but I never really knew who they were but then I heard Good Riddance years later and knew who they were.

I'm pretty sure it was basket case...then when i come around...good riddance...minority

What made me a die hard green day fan?

Their concert

I saw them in concer last year and I was blown away.

Mm..."American Idiot"...I'm not a teenie XD But the song that got me to love them was "Wake Me Up". But after I got the CD I kinda forgot about them, then this year I got friggin' OBSESSED.

Who says obsession is a bad thing? (Especially when it's Green Day)

the first song i ever heard was time of your life, then time of your life again.

then at like, December 31, 2004 this girl told me that Green Day was a good band and I was like, "who the hell is green day?" and yeah.

but when I was in F.Y.E. on April 24, 2005, i heard part of Boulevard of Broken Dreams cuz everyone at school kept talking about them, so i bought them.

but the first one I ever heard that made me a fan was American Idiot because it's the first song and yeah. Been my favorite band ever since.

Kinda like me, excluding the Time of Your Life bit.

Mm..."American Idiot"...I'm not a teenie XD But the song that got me to love them was "Wake Me Up". But after I got the CD I kinda forgot about them, then this year I got friggin' OBSESSED.

Who says obsession is a bad thing? (Especially when it's Green Day)

^^I agree! Nothing's wrong with a little healthy (maybe) obsession! Right on!

Alot of people have only started listening in the AI era...

Thats 'cause most of us are youngins. And we werent there to experience the young Green Day.

Thats 'cause most of us are youngins. And we werent there to experience the young Green Day.

im a youngin and im only 16...

i was listening to my sisters ipod on shuffle and letterbomb came on.

yup thats pretty much the song that did it for me.

haha i remeber when i first saw the american idiot video, when i was...11? i was like "haha they're american arnt they? what the hell?" haha what an idiot.

im ill have 2 say Good Riddance it was my favourite song at that time i was like 5 but that tym i wasnt allowed 2 listen 2 music so i never got 2 know who the artist was :( . And later on American Idiot came i was like HOLY SHIT DATS BLOODY AWESOME!(dis is when i was 12) and i got hooked so i bought all der albums and discovered Good Riddance and im like NO WAY!!!!! loved dem ever since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome to Paradise.. I saw the MTV clip when I was doing housework one Sat morning.. had to stop what I was doing and just sit and watch... Here were guys that could really PLAY music..and weren't about image, like other bands of the time..

I didn't actually own any of their music until AI (and made time for music in my life again with my ipod).

I saw the video of "American idiot" 2 years ago, but I didn't turn my attention upon it. But when I saw BOBD some months later, I changed my opinion about Green day. But now,although,I like American idiot

Basket Case! My dad had the backing track for it.... and then the whole song with lyrics..... i thought it was totally awesome!! i think i was 14??....

I should say Holiday, BOBD or WMUWSE, but there are two pre-AI songs that tickled sth in my brain, and those would be 'Warning' & 'Misery'. Hearin' 'em (I must say again) some time ago, I was like this:

:happy: --> :ermm: --> :mellow: --> :huh:

I wish I could turn back time and check which was the first one...

Take Back when I was three......XD I was always headbanging when I was little. I was a disturbed child.

Take Back when I was three......XD I was always headbanging when I was little. I was a disturbed child.

When you were three? hahahaha :D

That's so cool

Archived