what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Me Novacaine made me cry at the last gig.

Whatsername is just fucking emotional.

Good Riddance is just a plainly amazing song.

none depress me, just certain ones make me sad or teary eyed but usually it depends on the mood im in, No One Knows and WMUWSE are probably the 2 ones that make me stop and think, 21 Guns always brings a tear to my eye aswell. :happy:

Um I think def. Rest and No One Knows are the two songs that get me :cry: Oh and I think Whatshername, and if we are talking the Tubbies....Red Tide...just throwing that out there. :lol:

It depends of my mood so Wake Me Up When September Ends and Good Riddance....

The last part of Homecoming. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but it really gets to me. It doesn't depress me, it's just...powerful. (I'm actually listening to it as I write this sentence lol). :P

And also Good Riddance, because it's used as a graduation song and I'm graduating next year. :sleep:

I' m not sure Green day songs can depress me) may be Macy's Day Parade, I listened to it last time about a year ago, I just don't like it. But there are some songs that make me cry, they don't depress me.

When Billie plays "Good Riddance" at the end of a show, it's pretty damn depressing. :(

Also, "Macy's Day Parade" has always been a bit depressing to me, yet uplifting.

So it's kinda like a bitter sweet feeling. Also, "No One Knows", "Whatsername",

"Restless Heart Syndrome", and "Emenius Sleepus" are kind of depressing.

"Emenius Sleepus" reminds me of a lot of people I knew in High School, and how

everything changes when you get older. "Scattered" always makes me a little sad too.

Another song about how much things change in time, and how looking at old photos

gives you that nostalgic feeling, but all you really have left are the memories.

"Android" to me is another one of those songs about growing up. When you suddenly

realize how your older than you used to be, and which path to take next. It also

kind of gives me that feeling of the unknown. It's like, there's always that uncertainty within

everyone that things will just go to shit when you're older, but you always have a choice

with where you take your life.

i dont think green day songs really depress me, i'm just sometimes not in a mood to listen to

wmuwse, for example. but when i'm down, that song (among others) is the only way to

cheer me up and feel understood.

to me...pulling teeth really depresses me. it doesen't sound depressing, mainly because the tune is really upbeat, but if you listen to the words, they acutally are very depressing. especially

"looking out my window for someone that's passing by. no one knows i'm locked in here all i do is cry..."

but still one of my favorites :blush:

listen to pulling teeth live, since the way they recorded it is upbeat and cheery, it doesent make ppl depressed, but the lyrics sure are depressing. and when he's playing it all soft live, it's REALLY a downer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0EuD2PEzJE&safe_search=on

and macy's day parade is also super depressing, especially when it;s played live

Whatsername reminds me of the panic attack I had at my last Green Day concert =/ I think almost everyone out there has some kind of "Whatsername" if that makes any sense.

Wake Me Up When September Ends :cry: , Macy`s Day Parade, Whatsername...

I dont know , maybe that's the way he sings them sometimes ... and comes to my mood ... well ... it seems that you can feel what`s the song about ... :cry:

I used to find most of 21CB depressing because of what it all meant to me and stuff. Now it's just See the Light. I don't really know why, that song just seems really depressing.

Restless Heart Syndrome, No One Knows and Wake Me Up When September Ends.

Idk why. I guess it's just the lyrics and what they mean. WMUWSE especially, 'cause two people in my family died from cancer, one more recently.

Paper Lanterns and When It's Time. And No One Knows just because of the mood of the song...

Archived