what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

macy's day parade i don't know what it is about that song but every time i hear it it makes me fell sad :(

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah...

Novacaine.

That is so emotional. So haunting, so bitter sweet; and billie's voice singing 'jimmy says it's better thaaaan air'. Wow.

Lol, to be honnest most of Kerplunk! does; Christy Road and One of my Lies particularly. And MDP off Warning too. They are quite painful to listen to, and make me so emotional!

If i'm in a kinda sad mood Wake me up... and Good riddance can make me even more sad. know what i mean? But that just happens sometimes.

Macy's Day Parade because it is so damn boring.

Yes i also think so and the music is so calm and slow that makes sad

• 3 years later...

wake me up when september ends. especially the BIAB version. crying billie make me sad :(:cry:

I think Last Night on Earth and Give Me Novacaine really do it for me, occasionally No One Knows but mostly the first two mentioned. :ermm:

Restless heart syndrome. (Although i also think the lyrics are terrible. Billie joe is capable of much better lyrics).

Restless heart syndrome. (Although i also think the lyrics are terrible. Billie joe is capable of much better lyrics).

Wake Me Up When September Ends and Give Me Novacaine and Last Night ON Earth because its so depressingly annoying.

No suprises here..... Wake Me Up When September Ends and Rotting.

Whatsername always brings a hint of sadness on me. Last Night On Earth can hit me really hard sometimes. Take May 15th for example, when I listened to 21stCB for the first time. I had read the lyrics beforehand, so I knew it wouldn't be easy hearing LNOE. Just listening to the emotion in that song, combined with personal issues and stress I was dealing with at the time... it had me me in tears by the time the chorus came up after the 1st verse. I would say that, even though Whatsername used to be a painful song to listen to, it doesn't even come close to LNOE.

Macy's Day Parade, not because it's boring, it's just depressing.

I was actually listening to it last week after they performed it, and really, I had a mini-nervous breakdown afterward. I wrote about it on my blog, read if you want. The whole album is depressing! but i love it.

depends on how im feeling. if i think im in love, Last night On Earth. if somone dies, Time of Your life

21 Guns, Last Night on Earth, Are We The Waiting.

they're all great songs, but... yeah. :/

Restless Heart Syndrome: the part that says "you are your own worst enemy" really hits me. It definitely provokes some deep thought of how I'm the only one that creates and fixes problems in my life.

21 Guns, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Whatsername (it does have a hint of sadness, maybe it's because of the way it's sung and the lyrics) and that is all I have on the top of my head.

Great topic btw... :)

i'd have to say either Wake me up when september ends or good riddance (time of your life).

they are just sad songs altogether that's why.

no one knows, Viva La Gloria (intro), Life Before The Lobotomy (intro), Good Riddance, worry rock, JAR,

WMUWSE (especially on Bullet in a Bible) can get me crying. I usually skip it because it's just so hard to listen to and keep composure.

21 Guns as well... the live version moreso, Billie's voice is just dripping with emotion and it's just so fucking sad.

Archived