Green Day playing the Fillmore, San Francisco - 2 April 2024

Rumpelstiltskin2000

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm kind of surprised by all the whining about "out of towners" snapping up all the tickets to this on social media. You've got to expect people who aren't local when the majority of the shows are in California. Most foreigners and many Americans are never going to see a small show unless they fly out for it. If they're willing to do that, they probably want to go as much as the locals do. You've also got to take into account that Green Day are from the Bay Area so fans all over the world are naturally going to dream of seeing them there.

That said, I know a lot of Green Day fans who often fly out to shows, but I'm only aware of one "out of towner" getting tickets to this show specifically, and she got them at the last minute. They were hard to get because it was a charity show and there are plenty of fans in the Bay Area who aren't well-known in the fandom, but also tried to get tickets. It's not even true that they all went to "out of towners."

Yeah and claiming they hardly ever play shows in the Bay Area lmao! Apart from maybe LA/New York they literally play there more than anywhere else and locals get more chances to see them at small/special shows than anyone else on earth. Out of towners had no more chance to get the tickets than they did and they still have the advantage of being more likely to be able to attend in the first place. Weird complaint, I guess they're just butthurt about not getting tickets like everyone else who tried.

• Like 4

Did I see a hint of eyeliner or was it wishful thinking? Also, I notice Blue had a black strap Monday night which looked so odd, but it was back to red for Tuesday.  

• Like 1

Great setlist again!

• Like 2

Anyone have the full setlist and a video to father to a son by chance?

Somebody on the reddit wrote something interesting. Apparently they attended the show last night in SF and were disappointed that the entire saviors and AI albums were played. His reasoning was that there are a handful of other classic hits to play that were overlooked. Now I know it was clear that AI and saviors were going to be played in full but it begs me to ask the question:

You think the upcoming saviors tour would’ve been better off having like 5-6 songs played from each Saviors, AI, and Dookie plus the remaining classic hits (I.e. brain stew, hitchin a ride, know your enemy, etc) ?

Because as of now, I’d imagine in a 2-2.5 hr set, after AI and Dookie, it only gives room for like 5-7 other songs max? Curious to know y’all’s thoughts 

2 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Somebody on the reddit wrote something interesting. Apparently they attended the show last night in SF and were disappointed that the entire saviors and AI albums were played. His reasoning was that there are a handful of other classic hits to play that were overlooked. Now I know it was clear that AI and saviors were going to be played in full but it begs me to ask the question:

You think the upcoming saviors tour would’ve been better off having like 5-6 songs played from each Saviors, AI, and Dookie plus the remaining classic hits (I.e. brain stew, hitchin a ride, know your enemy, etc) ?

Because as of now, I’d imagine in a 2-2.5 hr set, after AI and Dookie, it only gives room for like 5-7 other songs max? Curious to know y’all’s thoughts 

I think the band gave enough space for the same hits for decades, and have Ai Saviors and Dookie in full with be something unique. We can enjoy the same greatest hits set next year again, so I don't see why there are people complaining.

I would be cmpletely hyped if they atarting playing all the albuns from front to back in future shows more than a GH set like hella mega again

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

There have been roughly half a million opportunities to see Green Day play Brain Stew, Hitchin a Ride and Know Your Enemy live. After this tour, there will be roughly half a million more opportunities to do so. I really think it's great that they're switching it up for once, especially since it's been very well communicated what the audience should expect to hear during those shows. :)  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, billy1986 said:

Anyone have the full setlist and a video to father to a son by chance?

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Proof, if it were needed, that you can’t please everyone.  I think for a band that still makes complete albums, it’s a real treat to hear not one but two albums right through, I love they are playing so much from Saviors and hope they continue to do so.  I’m sure we will hear hits again, although as already said, Dookie and AI comprise many of the hits.

Great article @Rumpelstiltskin2000 thanks for sharing but like @pacejunkie punk where did they say that, maybe just a press release?

• Like 2

He sang the Goodnight iggy Adeline key change parts, didn’t he!???!

42 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Somebody on the reddit wrote something interesting. Apparently they attended the show last night in SF and were disappointed that the entire saviors and AI albums were played. His reasoning was that there are a handful of other classic hits to play that were overlooked. 

Oh brother…

There will always be people who complain whatever Green Day do. Sadly for us we're in the minority because most of the people who go to see Green Day just want to hear the hits.

I remember in Birmingham 2009 the guy next to me was gutted they didn't play JoS (his favourite song) but instead played American Eulogy which I thought was brilliant

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder about the source of that quote he gives that “Green Day said on Tuesday”. It’s a great comment where did they say it?

I think Green Day just said the "this is how you do it" part, and the author is expanding on how Green Day do it.

• Like 3