A Treasure Trove of Unseen Early GD Video is About to be Unleashed

pacejunkie punk

Best news in a while! This stuff needs to be preserved and released to all. Why let it all sit in a box or hard drive somewhere just to hoard it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hoarding is a strong word. She’s not a collector, these are her personal memories. It’s really generous of her to want to share everything now, she by no means had to. It’s been in storage for years and took a long time to go through and digitize.

Not saying she's hoarding. If it took her a while to digitize and she had the intention of doing it eventually, that I can respect. However, there are people that sit on already digitized stuff that don't want to release it for one reason or another. And it has nothing to do with memories usually. They do it for rarity's sake. Which makes no sense IMO. Considering at this day in age, Green Day themselves are starting to go through their vault and release stuff. There's a few videos on Youtube of some early 90's shows that the whole thing never ever circulates, because the taper just flat out refuses lol. Gives no reason. You know.

she had many second thoghts over the years on releasing this stuff, we should be forever thankful to her for for finally letting all of her stuff see the light of day.

I am completely hyped for everything to come

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Liam said:

It’s not just live footage as well that’ll be shared, there’s some Kerplunk related things that will also see the light of day 

What do you mean, we might see for example gd recording in the studio kerplunk?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Says the account is private.

Oh I didn’t know. Sorry. She was just posting about the collection and saying there was much more to come

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:01 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Hoarding is a strong word. She’s not a collector, these are her personal memories. It’s really generous of her to want to share everything now, she by no means had to. It’s been in storage for years and took a long time to go through and digitize.

True. There's a big difference there.

• Like 1

Stoked this is finally happening. there's so many golden nuggets in that collection. I'm glad everyone is finally gonna get to see em 

• 3 weeks later...

Some fun facts from the video: Apparently no one in the band knew that guy that stood on stage and kept singing into Billie’s mic, but he did that at many of their shows there (sometimes standing right in front of Billie) and may have been their first obsessed uber-fan.

the dead bird story is true and was left addressed to him on the doorstep of 1640 (the warehouse). Already then the band were getting shit from jealous punks that didn’t like their growing popularity. This was even two years before they committed the sin of signing to a major.

• Like 3

Rare full recording from 2001 of The Frustrators (Mike’s side project) from Arica’s birthday party:

Video post for Friday, April 19- link below
Frustrators- The Minnow, Alameda Ca 9/22/01 xfer from 1st gen VHS tape w/ Green Day's Mike Dirnt 

It's Friday- video time! As promised, here is 1 this weekend from Arica Pelino's magic suitcase. Like I said last week, I wish I could have hung out with Arica and attended her birthday show. What a lineup. Enemies/Frustrators/Dickies. 
For those unaware of The Frustrators, they were a band in the early 2000's with Mike Dirnt (from Green Day), Jason Chandler (Plus Ones), Terry Linehan and Art Tedeschi. They put out an album and 2 EPs on Adeline Records. 
There's not much available in terms of live footage from this band- some interviews and a short/likely incomplete 12min video. This seems to be the only full length show out there.
Image below by Maicon Cássio Riediger

Recorded by: Mike Conry
Transfer by: Shayne Stacy
Equipment used: Panasonic AG-1980 — Datavideo TBC1000 – Tevion USB Adapter — Virtualdub
Enhanced in Adobe Premiere Elements/Neat Video (denoise)

• Like 4

On 4/13/2024 at 12:45 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Some fun facts from the video: Apparently no one in the band knew that guy that stood on stage and kept singing into Billie’s mic, but he did that at many of their shows there (sometimes standing right in front of Billie) and may have been their first obsessed uber-fan.

the dead bird story is true and was left addressed to him on the doorstep of 1640 (the warehouse). Already then the band were getting shit from jealous punks that didn’t like their growing popularity. This was even two years before they committed the sin of signing to a major.

is this the same dead bird story where Mike knew who left it, took it back to him and “sorted him out”?

3 hours ago, jengd said:

is this the same dead bird story where Mike knew who left it, took it back to him and “sorted him out”?

Haha I don’t know, what’s that from?

Gosh, must be from an old interview, can’t remember.  I do remember though thinking it was very sweet that Mike and Tre leap into action to protect Billie.

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Gosh, must be from an old interview, can’t remember.  I do remember though thinking it was very sweet that Mike and Tre leap into action to protect Billie.

I'm sure I remember them retelling that story in an MTV video around about the trilogy era but I could be wrong

• Like 1

Remember how y'all treated the guy who stole a bunch of content from MTV and he just disappeared 

53 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Remember how y'all treated the guy who stole a bunch of content from MTV and he just disappeared 

Well Billie approved this one and it’s all in the hands of someone who historically surfaces material 

• Thanks 1