Anaheim Secret Show - 3/19 House of Blues

A Worry Rock

Any videos of Strange Days out there yet? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plankfan said:

Any videos of Strange Days out there yet? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

thank you! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Backstage - "Smile ☺️"

024f2c0ae289ae7f111ef612cfa339df1b6a92c8

What a cute picture! Put it on the Fangirls Confessions thread if it isn't already. NOW 😄

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Fance Sauce is now Fancy Sausage 😂

Hehe! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

From Green Day's Instagram story

372388e74c143a34e5cef4b1a826b3688ff94b2c

8659474479237aa4fc5c2fed984f6ea147b248aa

652e893ee84e5eb9ce98029a82832836b4c61968

cb62e814f836617ab4e0c26c8f271ee09d7a48cf

4d58483b7ee044fec6c7e449d108542c925290de

From KROQ

76c17603972e3762a581dce1977395ce2132a937

Billie has to have the cutest smile in the world. 😍. That second picture is my personal favorite. I love the color of Mike's bass. 😍😍😍

• Like 3

23 hours ago, suffoKate said:

He did sing one round but then he let the band and audience sing the 3 more times so he wouldn’t have to keep stretching for it I believe 

that static age part is a walk in the park for Billie of 2010. He did always sing that part, well in rare instances when he didnt is because he just wanted to hear the audience to sing along. 

• Like 1

Sometimes I forget what singer Billie used to be. Just listen to those notes at 1:35

12 minutes ago, Miko said:

Ah, legendary Not So Silent Night 2011 performance where they were last minute substitute and had to perform as 3-piece. Great show with funny improvisations everywhere (American Idiot solo) and also last time Billie played guitar during Jaded IIRC.

Anyways, man was 39 during that night and off from tour. He is 52 now and about to hit the road once again with the most demanding setlist they've done in years. Getting older sucks, but I am so ridiculously happy to see them still perform after all these years. Sure, they might not jump around like they used to and some songs are slowed down and Billie can't hit some notes as effortlessly as he did 15 years ago, but that's just life. Man can still sing, play guitar and pull off awesome show. I wont take that for granted.

Billie's vocals peak was definitely in 2009-2011 period. I've seen some recent comments of how Billie's 2004 vocals were better, but I disagree with that. Just listen beginning of this video. Man could sing and he did it so well.

Billie was definitely an epic singer from 2009-2012. Sucks that we have to grow old and get all rusty. Just like you Im so happy they're still doing so well, I am seeing them this summer for the first time in my life. It is just weird to see Billie struggle with singing when he has been a flawless singer and his vocals always seemed invincible. But here we are in 2024

Billie always struggled with higher notes, eg with certain 21st CB songs (that album was the first where he pushed himself to sing higher more and to do some falsetto). It's just the upper limit of his vocal range. I don't think he could ever sing very much higher, and I don't think there's anything as high as Goodnight Adeline on their older albums unless it's just the occasional odd high note. He doesn't have a very big vocal range and has always tended to mostly sing comfortably in the middle of it while only occasionally pushing towards to upper or lower limit.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2024 at 8:33 AM, ThranaM said:

I'm wondering if they're making a video or something of Father to A Son, notice how the cameraguy is up in their faces during the entire song 👀

Was it only this song that happened? I did notice that too but thought maybe it was a pre-recorded live video for some special on tv?

48 minutes ago, Miko said:

Ah, legendary Not So Silent Night 2011 performance where they were last minute substitute and had to perform as 3-piece. Great show with funny improvisations everywhere (American Idiot solo) and also last time Billie played guitar during Jaded IIRC.

Anyways, man was 39 during that night and off from tour. He is 52 now and about to hit the road once again with the most demanding setlist they've done in years. Getting older sucks, but I am so ridiculously happy to see them still perform after all these years. Sure, they might not jump around like they used to and some songs are slowed down and Billie can't hit some notes as effortlessly as he did 15 years ago, but that's just life. Man can still sing, play guitar and pull off awesome show. I wont take that for granted.

Billie's vocals peak was definitely in 2009-2011 period. I've seen some recent comments of how Billie's 2004 vocals were better, but I disagree with that. Just listen beginning of this video. Man could sing and he did it so well.

I think his peak was around 2009-2010 for live shows.

23 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Billie always struggled with higher notes, eg with certain 21st CB songs (that album was the first where he pushed himself to sing higher more and to do some falsetto). It's just the upper limit of his vocal range. I don't think he could ever sing very much higher, and I don't think there's anything as high as Goodnight Adeline on their older albums unless it's just the occasional odd high note. He doesn't have a very big vocal range and has always tended to mostly sing comfortably in the middle of it while only occasionally pushing towards to upper or lower limit.

You can tune a guitar but cant always tune a voice. This album dropped when I got 2 viruses consecutively. One covid, one was some other crazy virus.

I had no singing voice for 2 months. While I can sing now,  I still cant do what I could do in 2023. But I’m not touring the world. Now imagine if I was. That’s a great pressure to have. Atleast GD has a rich history of hits. The setlist could be shuffled to accommodate. 

• Like 2

I was definitely wincing at parts of the new songs, but thought he sounded fine for the older ones.  I'm hoping it's just a matter of him getting used to doing them live.

• Like 3

I think it's fine, it's just a particularly high song by Green Day standards. I think it's cool that they'll go ahead and record a song that goes that high for the album even if they know it might not be easy to recreate live rather than limiting the song on the album. It sounds great that way really going to the limit of Billie's vocal range instead of just staying in safer range. The same was said about his slightly dodgy live falsetto with 21st CB but that was also worth it to have it on the album.

• Like 3