Billie and Tré attend the Brit Awards - 2 March 2024

Rumpelstiltskin2000

16 hours ago, Lenny said:

I wouldn’t be too worried about it. The rest of the world is scratching their head wondering if Busted is some type of English slang 😂

Oh yeah, I thought that, googled "american busted" and still wondered what it means 😂 then I found out that Busted is the band that made the Thunderbirds movie theme song, now it's stuck in my head 😄

• Haha 3

I thought to myself "nah, there's no way people are actually getting wound up about this," then I looked at Twitter. 

It couldn't be more obvious that nepo-baby Kemp's tongue was firmly in his cheek when he said the Busted thing.

People are thick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saviour said:

I thought to myself "nah, there's no way people are actually getting wound up about this," then I looked at Twitter. 

It couldn't be more obvious that nepo-baby Kemp's tongue was firmly in his cheek when he said the Busted thing.

People are thick. 

Thing is that’s what I thought til I actually watched the segment and he says it incredibly sincerely 😂 

• Haha 1

This was a suggested post on Facebook this morning. It's fucking hilarious!

337754fe9c51c405c19a4e19954bb2bf0455caa2

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, peachesandzebras said:

Adorable!

And the American Busted thing being a news story is so funny :lol:. The way it's phrased it's extremely clear it's a joke (at Busted's expense not Green Day's):

“They’ve sold 75million records and released 14 albums – they’re very much the American Busted. Please welcome, from Green Day, it’s Billie Joe Armstrong and Tré Cool.”

• Haha 2

I don’t think it sounded funny but that may be because the presenter guy is shit, which would be the norm for the Brits, and he delivered his lines badly.  Busted were a manufactured boy band who were successful in the pre-teen world but if they had just wanted to get people talking , then they achieved their aim.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don’t think it sounded funny but that may be because the presenter guy is shit, which would be the norm for the Brits, and he delivered his lines badly.  Busted were a manufactured boy band who were successful in the pre-teen world but if they had just wanted to get people talking , then they achieved their aim.

Yeah but he opens with saying Green Day sold 75 million records and released 14 albums - the joke is that the comparison is absurd because Busted are obviously much less successful and prolific than them. Busted are the butt of the joke not Green Day.

• Like 2

I love Busted so no problem with the comparison. Of course it's not true, if something Busted are the uk Green Day but it's cool seeing Busted getting some recognition. Solid band and the members are very talented even if when they first started (they were like 16 at the time) they were made to look like a boyband even though they were more like a typical 00s alternative pop punk band.

I know this is not related, but everyone go wish Sara Wright a happy birthday in the 'Happy Birthday Sara Wright!' thread!