The Coverups playing two gigs in London

solongfromthestars

Either that or someone gave ultimate tease Billie Joe Armstrong the account password. :lol:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Either that or someone gave ultimate tease Billie Joe Armstrong the account password. :lol:

Entirely possible. Also entirely possible for him to forget he posted it. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think the operator is so bored he posted a UK flag.

• Haha 2

if anyone has any hints about when and where pls i wouldn’t mind knowing 

13 minutes ago, Alf said:

Yeah, that' s all the fans want!!!!! Green Day releasing a fantastic album, and then Coverups doing shows instead!

Great move

Green Day are touring later. What does it matter if a small number of people see a Coverups show in the meantime?

I won't be able to go to a show short notice but I hope they play here! Hopefully it'll be sooner than when they hinted at a FBHT show in England (they played one a year and a half later lol).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Green Day are touring later. What does it matter if a small number of people see a Coverups show in the meantime?

I won't be able to go to a show short notice but I hope they play here! Hopefully it'll be sooner than when they hinted at a FBHT show in England (they played one a year and a half later lol).

I think the disappointment comes from the initial hope they were doing a string of club shows as promotion. A couple got cancelled from covid, and then promotion ended and nothing more happened.  They just released an album and it's like they're on hiatus again. I still hope Green Day will do more warm up shows before the tour, but it's likely that won't happen if Billie just does Coverups shows instead.  I get that those are easier to pull together and more low key, and they are fun if you're there, but they've proven they can still do Green Day pop ups and they know how fans feel about another expensive stadium tour.  So who wouldn't rather see Green Day than the Coverups?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

gonna assume it’s more a case of the rest of the band aren’t here and it’s just a matter of why not 

Oh that's definitely what it is but I was just trying to explain where the sense of disappointment comes from and why a month after an album release it's hard to get excited about a Coverups show when it seemed like we were on the verge of Green Day club shows.

Green Day are already throwing me a birthday party (my local show is the day before my birthday - it totally counts) so I feel selfish wishing The Coverups show to be up north haha

• Like 1

I’m in Cardiff the weekend, then visiting friends in Manc.. anywhere other than London please 😂

• solongfromthestars changed the title to The Coverups playing two gigs in London

Yeah Garage tickets where fairly easy to get, I bought at like 8:40, would have gone for The 100 club if I wasn't in traffic at 8am lol. 

Unlikely but hoping for some FBHT songs and maybe a couple of GD songs.

Same, in all honesty it completely slipped my mind, was coming up at  sold out at 8.20am, and then left trying and some more popped up and managed to grab them then! Will be a good evening, think I prefer this way than to the stressful ticket lottery! 

Edited by DookieDerpy

1 minute ago, DookieDerpy said:

Same, in all honesty it completely slipped my mind, was coming up at a old out at 8.20am, and then left trying and some more popped up and managed to grab them then! Will be a good evening, think I prefer this way than to the stressful ticket lottery! 

Agreed, just wish they'd announced on a WFH day for me hahahah

Yeah, that' s all the fans want!!!!! Green Day releasing a fantastic album, and then Coverups doing shows instead!

Great move ²

What a good marketing campaign... 

• Like 3