New American Idiot documentary coming soon!

pacejunkie punk

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’d have to give up the game and out themselves as The Network. Do you think they’re willing to do that? I do wonder what angle they’re taking with this to differentiate it from what we already have. HLAHG focused on the recording process. Is this going to start sometime earlier, like with the C&V material, the side project pivot and the writing of the album?  Or the crazy post-success years of 2004-2005? What footage could they have that we haven’t seen?

It seemed like there should have been a lot more footage with Jane Wiedlen interviewing their futuristic heads. They built a whole set and everything!

maybe throw in 9/11, Bush, and war in Iraq and Afghanistan and all the protests for context behind writing the album? It would definitely help young fans who weren’t around when all that happened.

We know that there's a lot of footage left on the cutting room floor for HLAHG. Do we know if John Roecker owns all that footage outright? 

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Per Billie: "We just watched a documentary on American Idiot that we're gonna put out"

Do you think there's anything more to the story to be said or shown that HLAHG and BIAB didn't cover?

OMG!!! I wonder if there's going to be unseen footage from the C&V sessions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

OMG!!! I wonder if there's going to be unseen footage from the C&V sessions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They started filming after  that in 2003 sooooo nope

I remember a few people who caught HLAHG, when it first made it's Grauman's debut; they said the theatrical cut was a bit longer in runtime. It had scenes that never made it to the wider/home release when the movie was re-issued in 2015. Always wonder about that. 🤔 Where that cut of the movie ended up. And why it was cut up so much.

• Like 1

Yeah it'll start with a scripted comedy scene of Green Day finally catching the guy who got their stolen tapes and beating them up or something. Putting the tape in and the documentary starts

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I think we already have C&V tracks in different albums (walk away, letterbomb, homecoming, horseshoes & handgranades, C&V live), some b-sides (shoplifter, favourite son, too mucho to soon, governator, lights out, heart collide),  Network and foxboro (Roshambo, Broadway) projects.

Most are correct. Favorite Son and Governator are about politicians and Schwarzenegger became governor of California in 2003, and C&V was recorded approx. 2002-2003. And you forgot Brutal Love, The Pedestrian. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I think we already have C&V tracks in different albums (walk away, letterbomb, homecoming, horseshoes & handgranades, C&V live), some b-sides (shoplifter, favourite son, too mucho to soon, governator, lights out, heart collide),  Network and foxboro (Roshambo, Broadway) projects.

When has the band confirmed that any of these songs besides C&V were originally written for the C&V album? I thought Homecoming was the first song they wrote for AI — when Mike was left all alone and came up with the "Nobody Like You" section.

They confirmed Too Much Too Soon in an interview, and Homecoming in the Audacy interview. Dropout (Brutal Love 2nd part but longer according to Cuatro), Sleepyhead and Wasteaway was confirmed by a 2011 interview with Mike. Walk Away, Horseshoes, Shoplifter, Lights Out, Broadway were all on an AI B-sides CD with hypothetical C&V songs. Hearts Collide and Roshambo are guesses, accurate ones in fact. Governator and Favorite Son were written for AI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’d have to give up the game and out themselves as The Network. Do you think they’re willing to do that?

Mike Dirnt already outed them to Rolling Stone magazine in 2013 when he mentioned the band working hard on many albums including "The Network" album.

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’d prefer this. The AI era feels like it’s been done to death. I hope they at least find a way to make it some kind of untold story.

I totally agree — I rather see an exploration of any of their other albums. That being said, I'm still totally gonna watch it 😆

2 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

Most are correct. Favorite Son and Governator are about politicians and Schwarzenegger became governor of California in 2003, and C&V was recorded approx. 2002-2003. And you forgot Brutal Love, The Pedestrian. 

C&V was a trilogy 😂

I like to think of C&V as a standalone album with like about the same number of tracks as Saviors or like inbetween that and Nimrod/21CB

• Like 2

As far as I'm aware, we only know that the title track was meant to be on Cigarettes and Valentines. Everything else is just fan theories.

Too Much Too Soon and parts of Homecoming were confirmed, actually. But you're right about the rest, it's mostly built around Roecker's B-side CD.

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

Too Much Too Soon and parts of Homecoming were confirmed, actually. But you're right about the rest, it's mostly built around Roecker's B-side CD.

I don't doubt it, but where was Too Much Too Soon confirmed? I know Billie recently mentioned parts of Homecoming were recycled from the album (I don't think we know which parts and what songs they were originally meant for, though.)