Super Bowl LVIX Halftime Show

GDFan2019

Guys, I think it’s time we write a petition for the NFL to get Green Day to headline the Super Bowl LVIX halftime show in New Orleans next year!!!!

• Like 4

Agreed. Green Day have so many fan favorite songs that would appeal to the super bowl audience. I could see a setlist consist of snippets from the following songs: American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Basket Case, Good Riddance, Wake me up when september Ends, Welcome to paradise, Longview and Know your Enemy

• Like 3

If they ever were asked, it would likely be in collaboration with someone else.  I’m thinking this because of RHCP playing halftime with Bruno Mars. Who would make for a good combo with Green Day?  I’m not sure exactly why but I was thinking Miley Cyrus lol

Edited by Robbie1039
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Agreed. Green Day have so many fan favorite songs that would appeal to the super bowl audience. I could see a setlist consist of snippets from the following songs: American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Basket Case, Good Riddance, Wake me up when september Ends, Welcome to paradise, Longview and Know your Enemy

I’m sure they’d play some Saviors stuff too, like The American Dream is Killing Me and Dilemma

4 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

If they ever were asked, it would likely be in collaboration with someone else.  I’m thinking this because of RHCP playing halftime with Bruno Mars. Who would make for a good combo with Green Day?  I’m not sure exactly why but I was thinking Miley Cyrus lol

Or the Smashing Pumpkins since they’re part of the tour

Green Day would be an amazing halftime show choice. It’s a bummer how long it has been since they had a rock act headline. 

I still remember when I was little, Aerosmith, NSYNC, Mary J. Blige, Nelly, and Britney Spears performed together. What an incredible mashup of talent that appeals to different generations and types of music fans! I’d love to see these kinds of collaborations again.

• Love 1

Green Day might also not want to do it. The artist has to pay for everything and it might not be worth it for them.

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure they’d play some Saviors stuff too, like The American Dream is Killing Me and Dilemma

Or the Smashing Pumpkins since they’re part of the tour

I think it would have to be a pop star honestly.  

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Green Day might also not want to do it. The artist has to pay for everything and it might not be worth it for them.

Interesting, I didn’t know this.  I guess it is one of the biggest platforms of all time.  

31 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

I feel like they're dropping Know Your Enemy since it disappeared after Amazon Music Live. But the rest is very likely. I'm guessing they'd play 1981 or TADIKM for the Super Bowl crowd, and the KISS cover. When I Come Around, Waiting, 21 Guns. Just a Hella mega set with some Saviors salt n' pepper because I believe that'd appeal to the audience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Green Day would be an amazing halftime show choice. It’s a bummer how long it has been since they had a rock act headline. 

I still remember when I was little, Aerosmith, NSYNC, Mary J. Blige, Nelly, and Britney Spears performed together. What an incredible mashup of talent that appeals to different generations and types of music fans! I’d love to see these kinds of collaborations again.

I remember this performance! Still one of my absolute favorites.

In terms of who would be a good pairing for Green Day, The Hives would be awesome. Or they bring Pop Punk Disaster 2 to the superbowl and bring out blink. Foo Fighters or Muse would be great too. And Joan Jett!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The NFL doesn’t pay performers, but they do cover expenses and production costs. The artist doesn’t pay for it themselves, they just don’t get a paycheck. But the trade off is these performances majorly boost sales and streaming — when J.Lo and Shakira performed a few years ago, their streams went up like 300%.

• Like 4

Speaking of the Foos, I remember they did a show at the same date and venue as GD at some point during GD's 21st breakdown tour. Coincidence or not?

17 minutes ago, Cali89 said:

I agree with this thread. But what would be even better is if they played at super bowl 2026 which will be hosted in the bay area. Bay area super bowl, bay area band! It just makes sense! Let's all hope 

We should focus on a petition for that one since it's possible next year's pick is already close to being decided on.  They'd be done with the Saviors tour by then too.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

Miley Cyrus would be cool! Not sure I’m that interested in GD doing a show with another band in their genre, I’d like them to do it with someone unexpected, even if it’s someone I don’t really listen to. I’m craving something fresh!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Miley Cyrus would be cool! Not sure I’m that interested in GD doing a show with another band in their genre, I’d like them to do it with someone unexpected, even if it’s someone I don’t really listen to. I’m craving something fresh!

Yeah exactly!  And I think it would help broaden the appeal of the show.  Awesome username btw.  I should’ve thought harder for mine lol

I really have little idea about either Super Bowl or the performance but it does always seem to be a super glitzy, big production which doesn’t really feel right for Green Day to me.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

Yeah exactly!  And I think it would help broaden the appeal of the show.  Awesome username btw.  I should’ve thought harder for mine lol

Thank you! I used to be boring Jenn123 but then I wanted a pun 😂 If you come up with one you can always change it!

22 minutes ago, jengd said:

I really have little idea about either Super Bowl or the performance but it does always seem to be a super glitzy, big production which doesn’t really feel right for Green Day to me.

Unless they get some Green Day dancers lol.  Time to get the broadway cast back together.  

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Thank you! I used to be boring Jenn123 but then I wanted a pun 😂 If you come up with one you can always change it!

Oh nice, good to know!  Time to start brainstorming 🤔

51 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

I came up with the 99th revolution because I thought it was funny honestly. I think I was supposed to be 98th. I remember one of my socials had the name DesensitizedContradiction in around late 2023.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jengd said:

It definitely has become this in the last decade or so because these shows have become dominated by pop and R&B stars. But when rock artists do it, it tends to be a bit more straightforward with less glitz — The Rolling Stones, U2, and Paul McCartney all performed different years in the early 2000s with solid rock shows. Good production value, but nothing too crazy.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't know much about sports, haha, but from what I understand, the NFL doesn't pay performers much but does cover most production costs. I know The Weeknd paid for some of his performance but that's because he wanted it to be a certain way. I don't think this is the norm.

Is an amazing opportunity, and whoever performs is almost guaranteed to see a spike in album & concert ticket sales and digital streams.

23 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

Yeah, I also think it would have to be a collaboration. BTW, I was so disappointed by the short amount of time RHCP got at their Super Bowl Performance, but c'est la vie!

I'd love another band to join them, like Weezer, Blink 182, or even The Smashing Pumpkins, but I don't think that's likely. Miley Cyrus has turned towards rock in more recent years and would be a good fit — her performance with Metallica on Howard Stern was sick. So, she could contribute some vocals to the Green Day material.

This may sound crazy because the genres are different, but I think Billie Eilish would also be a good fit. She is a Green Day fan, and she and Billie Joe have appeared in a joint interview/photoshoot praising each other. And, she is also just as good as Billie Joe at getting a stadium of people to sing along and go crazy. It would be an interesting challenge to see how to merge the genres.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

This may sound crazy because the genres are different, but I think Billie Eilish would also be a good fit. She is a Green Day fan, and she and Billie Joe have appeared in a joint interview/photoshoot praising each other. And, she is also just as good as Billie Joe at getting a stadium of people to sing along and go crazy. It would be an interesting challenge to see how to merge the genres.

Yeah I definitely see that as a viable option.  They could probably get a mash up going too.  

In today's interview with Good Morning Britain on youtube, Green Day says they'd rather headline the World Cup

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

In today's interview with Good Morning Britain on youtube, Green Day says they'd rather headline the World Cup

Here it is:

• Like 4