14 - Saviors - Song Discussions

Liam

After almost month and a half hearing i still feeling this one as the BEST song on the album

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 3:27 PM, Thatsername said:

I love the line "We are the last of the rockers making a commotion". It's not meant that way in the song, but when you think about it, Green Day really is one of those last big rock bands, rock is a dying art form nowadays. And they are definitely still making a commotion!

I agree. But also I wouldn't put it past Billie to actually mean it that way as well haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This song has been my favorite ever since I first heard it. It's the only one from the album "Saviors" that's on my daily playlist

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 2

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

What's so cool about this album is how so many people have different favourites and there's something for everyone. This track is growing on me a little (but if I'm listening to the album on repeat I will occasionally skip it along with FTAS)

Right. But in terms of differences of opinion on favorite songs, nothing beats the Trilogy :P As an aside - that's why it'd be impossible to pack the best songs of the Trilogy into one album.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:54 AM, jengd said:

I can’t believe anyone thought they had nothing to say about this song! Yes, I hear pretty heavy Brit pop influences, dare I say the cream of Brit pop,  but my god, again the lyrics, “everyone’s asleep but nobody’s dreaming”, calling all saviours morphing into calling all strangers.  And again Billie sounds great, the drums are fab and Mike’s bass is just brilliant.  Mike and Tre man, what a combo.

You would like you might be a Green Day fan. 😂 Do you feel bad for people that don’t get it? Think it’s just pop trash. I could just read Billie for light poetry.

• Like 1

^^^ I left a phrase out of the beginning of that post and don’t remember what I was saying “you might like GD “if something” and it’s not there.  Thanks for liking my salad speak. @jengd

🤗

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

^^^ I left a phrase out of the beginning of that post and don’t remember what I was saying “you might like GD “if something” and it’s not there.  Thanks for liking my salad speak. @jengd

🤗

I thought it was pretty clear I like Green Day 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2