14 - Saviors - Song Discussions

Liam

The Champagne Supernova vibe is strong in this one, especially that bridge

• Like 1

Vocal filters on the verse is too much imho, wish Billie’s voice was clearer

I never thought that a Green Day song would ever remind me of Bad Religion (intro) and Oasis (melodies) at the same time so I like it!

Overall it’s a good, average song. Not weak nor a banger

Definitely a solid song, but don't think it's the strongest. Still, I like it. A classic rallying cry type of song for Green Day.

Love the Brit-vibes on this one. I knew I recognized the vocal delivery during the bridge! 

It sounds very much like Going Nowhere by Oasis (specifically at this point) 

Remember when we thought this song was going to be a multi part song 9 minutes long? 😅

• Haha 1

This one is creeping up in the favourites for me, love the verses tbh, even with the filter. Considering it’s the only song with it on I don’t mind it. 

Tell me why I despise Oasis but like this song? 🤣 Can deffo hear the vibes with it. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 12:56 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

The Champagne Supernova vibe is strong in this one, especially that bridge

Also Sweet Child O Mine lol (end of each line in the verses)

• Like 1

I woke up with this song stuck in my head. "Calling all saviorssssssssssssssss tonight." 

• Like 2

This song stands out because of the vocal filters lol, chorus kinda falls a bit flat and gets old after awhile

I wonder how the reception would have been if this was the lead single. I think if it weren't for TADIKM this song would have been number 1 on the tracklist, not sure what the lead single would have been.

It's probably the weakest song on the album IMO which is wild considering it's the title track. Toss up between this and OEB. 

• Like 2

I love the line "We are the last of the rockers making a commotion". It's not meant that way in the song, but when you think about it, Green Day really is one of those last big rock bands, rock is a dying art form nowadays. And they are definitely still making a commotion!

• Like 4

On 1/20/2024 at 1:45 PM, The Grohl said:

I woke up with this song stuck in my head. "Calling all saviorssssssssssssssss tonight." 

On 1/19/2024 at 11:20 AM, The Grohl said:

Definitely a solid song, but don't think it's the strongest. Still, I like it. A classic rallying cry type of song for Green Day.

Really surprised that you like this song! The start really sound like Last of the American Girl 😅

15 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Really surprised that you like this song! The start really sound like Last of the American Girl 😅

DONT YOU DARE PUT THAT IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!! I don't want to ruin the song!!

• Haha 3

Had me looking up "scrouge".   Don't let people do that, Jilly Boow Legweak.   Ouch. 

My bf's comment upon hearing this song: "Wow Green Day likes their megaphone filter a lot" :lol:

• Haha 4

It's such a strange track. 

I keep listening to it in the hope that it'll grow on me but it really just isn't.

Inherently there's nothing wrong with it, yet I can't pinpoint what it is about it that isn't grabbing me. It just falls flat. 

7 minutes ago, Saviour said:

It's such a strange track. 

Strange tracks are here to stay 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The verse melody is very similar to Dan Vapid and The Cheats “Face the Music” verse melody, which in turn is similar to another song I can’t quite put my finger on…