Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Did they announce playing both albums in full at Echoplex? Idk.

I recently received my copy of Saviors on vynil and something called my attention: Butch Walker appears in "Goodbye Adeline". Can we assume that song is a FOAM leftover?

8 hours ago, greendepent said:

I recently received my copy of Saviors on vynil and something called my attention: Butch Walker appears in "Goodbye Adeline". Can we assume that song is a FOAM leftover?

No. Wikipedia lists him simply playing acoustic guitar instead of producing. Fever is definitely FOAM leftover, production makes it clear. Why did Butch play acoustic on Goodnight Adeline, only god knows. Maybe Making of Goodnight Adeline will showcase that?

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 10:48 PM, billy1986 said:

I’d sell my soul for a ticket to see Insomniac & Nimrod played in full…so many unplayed jams. 

I would want a 1997-2002 era tour.      Nimrod, warning, superhits and Shenanigans.  Oh man.   That's what the afterlife will be like.  

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if they released saviors too early in the new year perhaps may would've been better feels like it's already dropped off the radar 

• Like 2

I hope they start to pick up promotion with Dilemma or something as their your approaches 

• Like 2

Been a while since release and I found myself looking back at this video I did looking at all the TikTok teasers -- is it just me, or is this little snippet (timestamped in the link, 0:28) not present on the album anywhere? Wondering if it's possibly a song that got cut and if so whether there are any other B sides that we might end up hearing at some point. Unless I'm just being stupid (very possible) and it's definitely on the album somewhere? I know it's only two chords, but being accompanied by drums makes you think that's got to be something 🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Been a while since release and I found myself looking back at this video I did looking at all the TikTok teasers -- is it just me, or is this little snippet (timestamped in the link, 0:28) not present on the album anywhere? Wondering if it's possibly a song that got cut and if so whether there are any other B sides that we might end up hearing at some point. Unless I'm just being stupid (very possible) and it's definitely on the album somewhere? I know it's only two chords, but being accompanied by drums makes you think that's got to be something 🤔

Sounds like a snippet from Fever 🤔

• Like 2

Album sales equal to 220,000 according to a Facebook post.  So.......Green Day or at least Jillie Bow is always writing.   There's got to be at least a batch of new songs written, even if they will eventually be scrapped or transformed or combined with other ideas.   Not enough for a thread right now, but Album 15 is coming.  

Probably won't hear anything in 2025.      In 2026, they will likely be silent. Silent but working.  

2027 we'll probably get the initial rumblings.  Rumored to be in the studio and all that drama. Maybe some leaks.  Toward the end of 27 we'll get a better idea of what's happening. Either an album pops out before 2028 or in 2028.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Album sales equal to 220,000 according to a Facebook post.  So.......Green Day or at least Jillie Bow is always writing.   There's got to be at least a batch of new songs written, even if they will eventually be scrapped or transformed or combined with other ideas.   Not enough for a thread right now, but Album 15 is coming.  

Probably won't hear anything in 2025.      In 2026, they will likely be silent. Silent but working.  

2027 we'll probably get the initial rumblings.  Rumored to be in the studio and all that drama. Maybe some leaks.  Toward the end of 27 we'll get a better idea of what's happening. Either an album pops out before 2028 or in 2028.  

I would agree that he has probably been writing songs. He said that he writes songs in daydreams, so he probably has had atleast a couple of them. I feel like the years between now and 2028 they will keep us calm by releasing more anniversaries with more demos/unheard tracks. Do you think they will release any singles in between now and 2028? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

So agree, just enjoy the Saviors era folks, don’t wish your lives away.

It's been a good era for sure.   Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly all the way to it's natural end.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jengd said:

So agree, just enjoy the Saviors era folks, don’t wish your lives away.

I agree. We need to start speculating when the band is confirmed to be in the studio, that's how it was done with Saviors (then rumored to be named 1972).

• Like 2

I was in a rush for new music after the last few records, but right now I’m not even thinking about it. I think I was in a rush before because the music wasn’t as satisfactory. Saviors is so good that it’s quenching my thirst and I’m enjoying it still months later. It’s honestly a great record. I’ll always be excited for new Green Day, but this is a quality product that will keep me happy and satisfied for quite some time, I think.

• Like 3