Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

I just played my Saviors record for the first time tonight.   I have the hot pink and black one and it sounds really good.  I started it on Suzie Chapstick and then flipped it over and listened to side A.   Because who needs a Corvette Summer or a Coma City?  Haha.    No, I like those.  I just didn't wanna hear them tonight.   The order I listened had a good flow. 

• Like 2

Hopefully Billie's feeling about the Smashing Pumpkins have changed since the Insomniac days.  In the book Nobody Likes You, Billie got angry about the reception of the album, and talked a lot of smack about the Pumpkins.  

"Glorified Arena rockers, full of pomp but hollow inside"   dang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spotify Numbers!

-The American Dream Is Killing Me: 13,709,057

-Look Ma, No Brains!: 9,220,318

-Bobby Sox: 6,543,654

-One Eyed Bastard: 9,387,361

-Dilemma: 12,437,273

-1981: 3,745,400

-Goodnight Adeline: 3,390,876

-Coma City: 2,627,637

-Corvette Summer: 2,753,094

-Suzie Chapstick: 3,033,896

-Strange Days Are Here to Stay: 2,650,863

-Living in the '20s: 2,707,809

-Father to a Son: 2,113,239

-Saviors: 2,163,324

-Fancy Sauce: 2,099,624

• Like 4

Is anyone interested in buying either a Brand new Hot Pink Galaxy limited to 2000 or a 

BRAND NEW! Green Day Saviors LP / 12" Black Ice w/ Hot Pink Splatter Color Vinyl also limited edition vinyl?

Willing to sell both to the best offer I get in the next 24 hours and can send later today if you venmo me. Willing to let these two go cheap! email me at matthewburdman27@gmail.com or message me on here and we can talk. Thank you! -Matt from San Diego

Question is, is any journalist going to do their homework and call them out on it when they interview them for the tour? 😄

I remember when Billie got called out on Andy Cohen’s show for things he said about Bon Jovi and he admitted he used to be a dick 😂

• Like 2

Why does 1981 have so many streams compared to the other non-singles?

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

That number is wrong.  Dilemma's number was posted twice.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

LNOE continues to puzzle me. I love the song, but can't figure out why it has so many streams daily. It's up there with their top songs, getting more streams on a daily basis than more well known songs like She and Minority. And it wasn't a single. I can't figure it out.

5 minutes ago, Montclare said:

LNOE continues to puzzle me. I love the song, but can't figure out why it has so many streams daily. It's up there with their top songs, getting more streams on a daily basis than more well known songs like She and Minority. And it wasn't a single. I can't figure it out.

Yeah it's been getting a lot of streams for quite a while. It used to have around the same streams as East Jesus Nowhere. I've seen non-single tracks from other artists become one of their most streamed songs like Disenchanted by MCR or All I Wanted by Paramore. But idk what it is about Last Night on Earth

What if we compare Saviors to all the rock albums released in 2024? Is it the top selling out of the Rock?   If we completely ignore all other genres, Saviors has to be near the top of the list, right?        Blink-182 is the only other Rock act with a big album out.     Vampire Weekend's new one is getting praised, but they aren't anywhere near Green Day level, right?  

On 4/11/2024 at 5:47 PM, Hermione said:

I know! I giggled when it said Smashing Pumpkins were supporting because they used to talk tons of shit about them in the 90s lmao. I recently listened to a folder of random old audio interviews I found and they made negative comments about them in three different ones including one with Ben Weasel where he and GD agreed on them as a band to be eliminated from existence. They thought they were boring and pretentious. But to be fair they did used to talk shit about virtually every band out there that wasn't a small/unknown one from 1990s to early 2000s.

Edit: Nice discussion from a 1996 interview where they praise the music but instead talk shit about them as people :lol:

This interview also contains this gem from Billie on the subject of GD not being grunge/shoegazers (not about Pumpkins but hilarious)

Half the interview is them shit talking various acts lol

https://punkrocker.org.uk/punkinterviews/greenday.html

Speaking of shit talking bands, I've heard Green Day shittalked on Limp Bizkit in a couple Warning shows and jokingly played their song Nookie at a 1999 show with Mike on vocals. Looks like they're into shittalking bands!

Let's not forget the GD-Slipknot beef. Billie hated Slipknot but Corey played a couple GD songs live (e.g. Pulling Teeth). Pretty funny.

Edited by The 99th revolution
I don't know if Billie changed his mind so yeah
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

Speaking of shit talking bands, I've heard Green Day shittalked on Limp Bizkit in a couple Warning shows and jokingly played their song Nookie at a 1999 show with Mike on vocals. Looks like they're into shittalking bands!

Let's not forget the GD-Slipknot beef. Billie hated Slipknot but Corey played a couple GD songs live (e.g. Pulling Teeth). Pretty funny.

Oh yeah they definitely weren't a fan of nu metal. Few Warning era interviews where they expressed their dislike for it. There's a tv one where they were joking about how soft Green Day was compared to those bands and Billie was like "no I'm hard man - just give me something to break" (Limp Bizkit lyric) :lol: 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah it's been getting a lot of streams for quite a while. It used to have around the same streams as East Jesus Nowhere. I've seen non-single tracks from other artists become one of their most streamed songs like Disenchanted by MCR or All I Wanted by Paramore. But idk what it is about Last Night on Earth

Maybe its the Spotify Algorithm? I mean, this song was popular on 21st Tour but no so much. Maybe the algorithm is pushing the song for reasons like retention and likes.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:41 PM, DookieLukie said:

On 4/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, Montclare said:

That number is wrong.  Dilemma's number was posted twice.

Yep, just noticed that. Let me fix that. It actually has 3,745,400 streams. Thanks for saying something!

😅

I don't think I have posted a Spotify number check without messing up, haha. Thanks to everyone who noticed, because I probably wouldn't have. 

• Like 1

On the upcoming tour, given the potentially 30 song set list, you think Green Day will do less fan interaction (I.e: Billie’s speeches, hey-Ohs, bring fan up on stage, extend hitchin a ride)

Seems like most of the 2.5 hr set will be solely pure music.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:17 PM, Hermione said:

Oh yeah they definitely weren't a fan of nu metal. Few Warning era interviews where they expressed their dislike for it. There's a tv one where they were joking about how soft Green Day was compared to those bands and Billie was like "no I'm hard man - just give me something to break" (Limp Bizkit lyric) :lol: 

Oh, I just remembered that Limp Bizkit performed Brain Stew in a 3-song medley in like 2019! 

12 hours ago, nflsbest26 said:

On the upcoming tour, given the potentially 30 song set list, you think Green Day will do less fan interaction (I.e: Billie’s speeches, hey-Ohs, bring fan up on stage, extend hitchin a ride)

Seems like most of the 2.5 hr set will be solely pure music.

Most likely.  He did notably less on the Hella Mega tour as well.  He still does it though, he just picks and chooses the spots more.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

Most likely.  He did notably less on the Hella Mega tour as well.  He still does it though, he just picks and chooses the spots more.  

Maybe they did that because the production of Hella Mega was much more synced to light and pyro effects than on previous tours. Even the snare fills in Holiday were synced to the light 😅

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flashback said:

Maybe they did that because the production of Hella Mega was much more synced to light and pyro effects than on previous tours. Even the snare fills in Holiday were synced to the light 😅

Yeah this could’ve been a reason for less drawn out songs as well.  But I still think they could’ve worked around this.  And I’m not sure if the lights were synced perfectly, just because I don’t think Green Day plays along to a click track, unlike some other bands.  But who knows for sure!