Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The other big change is the way concerts are.   They used to be a mix of big hits, new songs and fan favorites but now it's all anniversary tours.   I just saw that Weezer are doing a big 30th of the Blue Album.    Which is kind of cool, but to me it's just another way we'll never get to hear something really special or unique at a rock show.   The blue album is kind of like Dookie.  Weezer has played most of those songs at every single shows for 30 years.    They'll probably play a few other big hits.  But definitely won't be able to cover all 15 albums and 4 EPs.    lol.       The difference is that Weezer seem have halted putting out a new album in order to do this tour, which is better than Green Day trying to cram three things into one tour.  

At least one more music video would be so cool at this point (whether there's a need for it or not). 

• Like 1

I meant before AI Insomniac was their 2nd biggest selling album Dookie being #1. After AI Insomniac still remains their 3rd biggest selling album. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

New Green Day Interview:

They always used to use the phrase "maximum Green Day" to describe how they decided they wanted to really push themselves as a band to make American Idiot, I love that they still use it

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

I meant before AI Insomniac was their 2nd biggest selling album Dookie being #1. After AI Insomniac still remains their 3rd biggest selling album. 

It's hard to tell whether Insomniac or Nimrod is the better seller. They've both been neck and neck for decades and we don't have a recent sales update for either album. Nimrod is the better performing album overall in terms of streaming and digital, mostly because of the success of Good Riddance though, so really Nimrod is the more successful album imo

I think the top 5 most successful Green Day albums are probably
- American Idiot
- Dookie
- Nimrod
- 21st Century Breakdown
- Insomniac

AI and Dookie could be swapped around, as could 21CB and Insomniac but I'm pretty sure those are the 5 most successful albums, based on album sales, streaming, singles etc.

• Like 3

Haven't listen to any of the songs in this album in a while... Maybe one month non-stop was enough. I know I will come back to it but right now I need other songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

The other big change is the way concerts are.   They used to be a mix of big hits, new songs and fan favorites but now it's all anniversary tours. 

I read an article a while back saying that there are so many festivals and big events (more and more each year) that promoters were finding it difficult to find headliners. It made me think of Hella Mega (not quite the same thing but...) and Green Day have also played some random festivals and other stuff the last couple of years and I wondered if that was the reason why? Of course, when that's the case, the lesser known songs never see the light of day :(

• Like 1

When Saviors is officially over, I wonder if Green Day will continue to do stand alone singles between albums or if that was just happening because of Covid.  

47 minutes ago, That Dude said:

When Saviors is officially over, I wonder if Green Day will continue to do stand alone singles between albums or if that was just happening because of Covid.  

My guess is they’ll continue to release promotional singles that are commissioned deals for sports or movies or whatever 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My guess is they’ll continue to release promotional singles that are commissioned deals for sports or movies or whatever 

They could do more movie soundtracks, that would be alright.    I'd commission Green Day if I had the funds, but I guess a lot of us would do that if possible.  lol.   Maybe I'll price a 3 second intro or something.   If worse comes to worse, Chris Dugan is probably more affordable on his own.   I can't find the link now, but I'll track it down.  lol.  

18 hours ago, That Dude said:

More Pollyannas and Holy Toledos. 

• Like 2

I wonder how much of a good job GD would make with a successor to the throne of Pollyanna or something.

More HERE COMES THE SHOCK.   HERE COMES THE SHOCK.    HERE COMES THE SHOOooooOOOCK.

Bebop a lulu, baby.  

• Like 2

Then the fan reactions would be a rainstorm of hate. I think. Maybe division.

• Like 2

For years, rock bands have said "we're going to put out singles instead of albums"  but then keep on putting out albums.   I'm happy about this, but I was braced for this massive change back in 2008 or something and it never really happened with any genre but Pop.    Have the powers that decided that rock still does best in the contest of  albums or what?     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve46 said:

Tre really switched from SJC to Ludwig!

Back to the roots somehow? IIRC Tre was already equipped with Ludwig around or before American Idiot?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, That Dude said:

This is very exciting.  Possibly the only time this will ever happen.   

Aren't they supposed to play Dookie, American Idiot, and Saviors all in full on the tour?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Aren't they supposed to play Dookie, American Idiot, and Saviors all in full on the tour?

Just American Idiot and Dookie. Not Saviors sadly 😔

All they said was Dookie and American Idiot. Hopefully they will surprise us 😆

• Like 1

I think it's all 3 tonight

• Like 3

Just confirming we’re all in agreement Saviors >>> 21stCB?

• Like 1