Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Also, is I Eat Boogers gonna be on album 15?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Also, is I Eat Boogers gonna be on album 15?

Let's not get crazy with the cheesewiz.  The next album is CALLED "I eat boogers" 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Hold on..

8dkuzi.thumb.jpg.d5ec29971a60e5ff7b7b469f3d6243b9.jpg

Now It's beautiful.

It must be 10 hours of Billie's hey ohs interrupted by the oeb guitar intro every 1972 seconds

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Idc i think every fan from around the world should help by streaming or buying the record more then once we are a strong community anything to prop up the band if not why be a fan? Just to watch BS music take away from GD and rock music? This negativity sucks 

Why is it so important to you that the already rich & famous band reach no. 1 on the Billboard 200 when you don't actually have any real power to make a difference to the band's first week units? It doesn't even really seem like the album is going to be that close to no. 1 anyway so I just don't understand why you'd bother trying to put the effort in. They have already had many successful albums, this album is estimated to do better than their last and they already have a ton of fans who are enjoying this album because of the music regardless of how well it does in its first week. If you want to make some kind of difference, just buy the album and/or stream the album regularly over the next couple years if you want to. If everyone else is excited enough about the album, they'll listen to it and the band will hit no. 1. If not, the band won't hit no. 1 and it won't be a big deal.

The reason most of us are fans is because we enjoy the music. Most of us aren't so concerned with how commercially successful the latest album is to the point that we will just listen to it over and over again even if we don't feel like hearing the same album for the 100th time in a week. I'm putting the album on regularly. But I'm not just going to leave the album on loop because I'll just get sick of the album at that point. Have you even heard the albums or the artists that are likely to beat Saviors? Cause if not, can you even say it's "BS music"?

23 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify update

Bobby Sox - 2,078,613 (+308k)
1981 - 1,061,992 (+158k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,005,012 (+148k)
Coma City - 897,674 (+126k)
Corvette Summer - 888,476 (+131k)
Suzie Chapstick - 875,732 (+130k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 828,228 (+124k)
Living in the '20s - 800,996 (+120k)
Father to a Son - 708,221 (+100k)
Saviors - 689,157 (+100k)
Fancy Sauce - 655,055 (+96k)

Bobby Sox - 2,357,827 (+279k)
1981 - 1,198,267 (+136k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,131,512 (+127k)
Coma City - 1,004,348 (+107k)
Corvette Summer - 1,000,462 (+112k)
Suzie Chapstick - 988,746 (+113k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 934,262 (+106k)
Living in the '20s - 901,587 (+101k)
Father to a Son - 792,380 (+84k)
Saviors - 773,685 (+85k)
Fancy Sauce - 736,530 (+81k)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why is it so important to you that the already rich & famous band reach no. 1 on the Billboard 200 when you don't actually have any real power to make a difference to the band's first week units? It doesn't even really seem like the album is going to be that close to no. 1 anyway so I just don't understand why you'd bother trying to put the effort in. They have already had many successful albums, this album is estimated to do better than their last and they already have a ton of fans who are enjoying this album because of the music regardless of how well it does in its first week. If you want to make some kind of difference, just buy the album and/or stream the album regularly over the next couple years if you want to. If everyone else is excited enough about the album, they'll listen to it and the band will hit no. 1. If not, the band won't hit no. 1 and it won't be a big deal.

The reason most of us are fans is because we enjoy the music. Most of us aren't so concerned with how commercially successful the latest album is to the point that we will just listen to it over and over again even if we don't feel like hearing the same album for the 100th time in a week. I'm putting the album on regularly. But I'm not just going to leave the album on loop because I'll just get sick of the album at that point. Have you even heard the albums or the artists that are likely to beat Saviors? Cause if not, can you even say it's "BS music"?

1981 - 1,198,267 (+136k)
Saviors - 773,685 (+85k)

This is my dilemma and it's my obsession.   I have almost an unhealthy relationship with Spotify. It's gotten where I want Spotify to know what I like, even if that means blasting Green Day when I don't feel like it.  Lol.  And I also had all these thoughts this morning about how I personally could help them sell more records....maybe we all need to chill.  If our favorite band were a local band trying to build a fanbase, maybe these things wouldn't be so bad.  But Green Day have enough money that even if everything bombed after Dookie, they'd be comfy.  

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

It has been stated by multiple people during this discussion that no, it doesn’t matter if this album is commercially successful to us as fans and listeners. We’ll love the album no matter what. And yes, Green Day is plenty rich and successful. But because they’re so proud of it, it would just be really nice to see this album perform well and get some recognition. Fans want the album to do well because we want the guys to feel the love we have for the new music. They make music because they love it, we listen because we love it. That doesn’t negate the fact that it feels awesome to see Green Day do well! These sentiments come from a place of wanting the band to realize their efforts didn’t go unnoticed.

I don't disagree with any of that. I just don't see the point in asking a handful of people to stream the album over and over again when it's not going to make a difference to the album's charting position

oh god when gdc talks numbers, worry about liking the music, let Green Day worry about the numbers 🙄

Grunge and Altenative Facebook groups hating on the album too.  "Last good Green Day album was Dookie".   Ekim, or whoever you are, sick em! 

15 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Ask them about the last good grunge album 😂

Burn!  Unfortunately, most people think rock music has sucked for the last 30 years even though they haven't listened to anything new in 28 years.  Their loss.  I'm pushing 40 and find good, new music daily.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Grunge and Altenative Facebook groups hating on the album too.  "Last good Green Day album was Dookie".   Ekim, or whoever you are, sick em! 

Dude, Facebook is a hate machine, almost any comment on any post is people throwing shit at whatever. Post about golf, people hating on golf. Post about teapots, people hating on teapots. That’s what people go on Facebook for. Hate and teapots. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

1981 - 1,198,267 (+136k)
Saviors - 773,685 (+85k)

can you add look ma, american dream and dilemma too plz. They're one of my favorites too, I would like to know how well theyre doing

11 minutes ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

Dude, Facebook is a hate machine, almost any comment on any post is people throwing shit at whatever. Post about golf, people hating on golf. Post about teapots, people hating on teapots. That’s what people go on Facebook for. Hate and teapots. 

Don't start me about teapots 🤬

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

New article/interview in The Atlantic here.

Anyone have a viewable copy without signing up for the free trial?

28 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

New article/interview in The Atlantic here.

Thanks for the link.

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Anyone have a viewable copy without signing up for the free trial?

Link Worked for me in UK (on iPad).  

Looking forward to UK charts tomorrow.  Midweek results predicting a number one here.  Kerrang and another magazine had articles, don’t know how to link them (sorry).  Supposedly Saviors has outsold the rest of the top 10 combined here 🤗😁.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

yo the boys are fucking back wtf I haven't been this excited about new music that isn't local for a good while

Is that sarcasm? 😜

The album’s production is obviously great, but you can hear the imperfections throughout. The intros of Bobby Sox and Strange Days as an obvious example, but really on a good pair of earphones you can hear an actual human playing (guitar especially) throughout.

It’s obviously intentional, and makes for a nice change from previous works. The likes of 21CB for example which was quantized to the nanosecond. It’s way more natural on Saviors.

• Like 1

You guys think Saviors will still do okay if I spend some time with Alkaline Trio tomorrow?  Lol.  I've put in a LOT of listens to Saviors and currently, Bobby Sox and Goodnight Adeline are my most played songs.   Most Saviors tracks are cracking up into my list, and I'm surprised even Coma City is getting up there, even if it's just me trying to get accustomed to it.