Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

6 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

When someone has only grown in popularity over their near 20 years in the industry, any help they got getting started is a bit irrelevant, no? Not denying Taylor has some tricks up her sleeve to help her reach certain achievements (and I say that as a fan), but ultimately she’s talented, hardworking, and is genius at marketing herself. And definitely, definitely not stupid.

Anyhoo, I was excited to see how my personal stats came out after a week of listening. According to Last.Fm, my plays were up 381% from last week lol — 500 song plays and 26 hours of play time. My top tracks were:

1) Goodnight Adeline

2) Coma City

3) Living in the 20s

4) Corvette Summer

5) Dilemma

It’s not her intelligence as a merit as much as it is a lack of in the masses. 

She’s smart enough to show up. Axl Rose wasn’t quite that smart.

4 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

Wasn't this the same issue with RevRad and FOAM? Both albums went to #2 in Germany behind some Schlager album? 😂

8 minutes ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

It’s announced on Monday. 

Why so long ? The album was released last Friday, America just happens to be the only one still counting the numbers?  it's a conspiracy! wait and see 21 savage Morgan Wallen aka "racist redneck" and Taylor shit will all somehow be in the top 3 green day will be screwed over in favor of the corporate plants 

The 80s and 90s were peak music eras. More rock. more dookie to throw at rappers. more nimrods around. more insomniacs eating brain stew.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Do not talk shit about my queen 😇 She's the fucking best.

She's a walking piece of wonder bread 

Just now, ekim said:

She's also a walking dookie of half of this generation's fucking stupid music taste.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

In a way I feel quite the opposite. Rap and Hip Hop are way over the hill and have basically become the machine. Mumble rap being a thing just solidifies my stance further. The original movements leaned further on true musical fusion and as time has gone on that’s been slowly removed. 

I know Rock was viewed in this light after the wave in the 2000s and maybe there was a point things got stale but I’ve heard a lot more new stuff from rock sub genres lately than any other genre. There is a resurgence and it’s even overlapping in the pop world just like in the 2000s. Now mind you, I haven’t gone crazy for anything new and it’s not my cup of tea but it’s much better than mumble rap.

Rock is also spread across 100s of subgenres and then those sub genres can even break down further. That spreads the market thin. Where hip hop and rap ride on a small handful of artists for a period of time and then roll in the next handful. 

I think you're right about the current state of rap where it's very formulaic now, but I feel like they are working on a formula that felt fresh and exciting a few years ago. You had the whole emo rap scene, which exploded and in some ways, helped rock. Those rappers started talking about rock bands they loved, which often included Green Day. Meanwhile, rock was kind of stuck in a rut. I think there are a lot of great rock bands doing interesting things, but they're not breaking mainstream so we still get the classic rock is dead argument. Also, really valid point about the rock subgenres. I think rap has varied genres as well, but rock/metal can get so niche it can be ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ekim said:

1 minute ago, The 99th revolution said:

She's also a walking dookie of half of this generation's fucking stupid music taste.

Green Day isn't the center of the world, I'm sorry.
Other genres exist.

Taylor Swift at #1 let's go

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Other genres exist.

Nah, people who have a 50/50 music taste aren't really much of a problem

Besides I also like other genres, rock n' roll, classical, piano, thrash metal, power metal, speed metal, et cetera

I'm not going to pretend to be much of a rap fan or pop fan, I'm much more interesting in rock music generally while the "pop" music I tend to enjoy generally tends to be artists who used to be rock going pop, or rock bands doing a more pop-rock sound. In terms of rap, there's pretty much no "rap artists" that I really follow and I'm more interested in artists who have rap as part of their music but have other elements going on too i.e. Linkin Park. So in a lot of ways, I'm biased against pop and hip-hop music. That being said, I think the people trying to suggest that these types of music are all just bullshit and don't have their place are just really being ignorant. This type of music has existed for decades, the 90's and 00's which you guys are so desperately wishing was back still had a lot more pop music on the charts than rock music. And I absolutely think there can be a balance on the charts between many different types of music, regardless of whether we enjoy them all. Rock, pop, rap, country, whatever. I'm sure a lot of us would really enjoy some music from some of these genres we say we "hate" or don't care for if we actually made the effort to try different types of music.

The downfall of rock music in the mainstream is partially the fault of rock fans. So many subgenres of rock including metal, punk, pop punk etc. are so gatekeep-y. Certain artists aren't really punk if we decide we don't like them. And a lot of artists feel they can't experiment without losing a lot of their fans. Additionally, a lot of rock fans don't make the effort to listen to new rock bands which is why we're so reliant on older rock artists to do well in order to have any kind of representation in the mainstream, on charts, at award shows. Even I'm guilty of this. I should be listening to relatively new rock artists but there are very few rock bands that have come about in the past decade that I have even bothered checking out

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ne dis pas de conneries sur ma reine  😇  C'est la putain de meilleure.

Most of the population here believe firmly Green Day is the best, not the second/third/fourth... best. As long as others are not offensive against different artists, we should defend Green Day rather than different musicians, especially after the release of a brand new album which we hope it surpasses the competition.

• Like 1

I also like the rap-rock bands, it's pretty much one of the only types of rap I accept, such as limp bizkit. Pop, I don't really mind about it that much, especially if it's pop rock/punk. Just not all of the poprock stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

I wouldn't doubt there's subliminal messages involved obey!

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Green Day n'est pas le centre du monde

''The centre of the Earth is the end of the world,

and i could really care less...''.

Nobody said what you claim, however if you have so much love for other artists, why do not you post in their respective communities?

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Other genres exist.

#1 corporate plant 

1 minute ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Most of the population here believe firmly Green Day is the best, not the second/third/fourth... best. As long as others are not offensive against different artists, we should defend Green Day rather than different musicians, especially after the release of a brand new album which we hope it surpasses the competition.

Yeah, I believe Green Day is a cool band, but there are also other bands I think of as cool. Misfits, AFI, System of a Down, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Dead Kennedys, Offspring, Nirvana, Ramones, the Beatles.... even the mid-20th century artists, classical and traditional music... My music taste is mainly rock, but not entirely, I will be fine with elements of rap or pop in rock music, I will be fine with the eine kleine nachtmusik etc stuff, I will be fine with a single piano cover of platypus, I will be fine with mr bungle...

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I love Green Day and music in general. But when I see people bullshitting an artist (a great artist) just because it's not Green Day that's why I answered.

Nope 

To be honest, I don't shit on artists because they're not green day, but because I don't really like them and they would feel out-of-place in my taste in music. 

And I feel like this argument is useless. People can like both rock and the current music taste and I'll be fine, but if they're 100% current music taste, it feels like some kinda problem. But now I understand - don't shit on people's music tastes and keep your opinions to yourself.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ekim said:

Why so long ? The album was released last Friday, America just happens to be the only one still counting the numbers?  it's a conspiracy! wait and see 21 savage Morgan Wallen aka "racist redneck" and Taylor shit will all somehow be in the top 3 green day will be screwed over in favor of the corporate plants 

That’s when the chart is released every week, no conspiracy. 

Move back on topic.  This is not a topic to bash someone else's music career just because they are not your taste in music.

Verbals have been issued.

• Love 1

The goodies from the listening party came in the mail today and it’s crazy how happy having the lyric book and buttons made me. 

• Like 4

I remember that a hq recording surfaced of fever before the supposed release date, jan 26 (today)

• Like 1

this thread has derailed massively can we start album 15 speculation thread???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've done some speculation on the tracklist:

Damn Juvenile Delinquents opens, extra blender noise

Death Wish Kids (listed on greenday.fm song guide) song 2

"Fritz" (on the board cavallo held in the studio photo) song 5

Another leftover track song 11

1 minute ago, The 99th revolution said:

J'ai fait quelques spéculations sur la tracklist :

Damn Juvenile Delinquents s'ouvre, bruit de mixeur supplémentaire

Death Wish Kids (répertorié sur le guide des chansons de greenday.fm) chanson 2

"Fritz" (sur le tableau Cavallo tenu sur la photo du studio) chanson 5

Une autre chanson restante 11

Your post will be removed because it is irrevelant to "Saviours".

There is a different discussion for that kind of posts, or you could create one other.