Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Happy 1st week of "Saviours"!

i keep listening to most of the songs of this record and it keeps getting more and more good for me! :wub:

A really remarkable album overall, i wish people were not addicted by pop and hip hop and appreciated it as much as it should be.

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Les Sauveurs font leurs débuts au n°2 ici en Allemagne 🥰

Ne me demandez pas qui est sur le numéro 1, je ne les connais pas 😂 😂 😂 😂 Mon Dieu, je déteste Schlager

https://www.offiziellecharts.de/news/item/1344-offizielle-deutsche-charts-fantasy-schlagen-green-day?fbclid=IwAR1jE7LzCN4fZqM-hHhqSn2jkzFcBHFkoyt5HEvW-6LJqI_w2F8S0Pu8Zc_aem_AUhUo4mD0feshVd ZpW3466bA-R-LiOlfeVeNlrddOdFDAW86DAM_xc7pzPmvhi8cXp8

It is fine, i do not know 95% of the local music artists here at all.

• Like 1

Here in poland that hiphop/pop shit is the most liked (fuck the generation!) especially with shit like "solo" becoming popular there and meanwhile the rock n roll shi has fewer fans

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Ici en Pologne, ce genre de merde hiphop/pop est le plus apprécié (fuck the génération !), surtout avec des merdes comme "solo" qui deviennent populaires là-bas et pendant ce temps, le rock n roll a moins de fans.

Same, i was almost punished from university's professors because my calling ringtone was "Jack***" from "Warning" and it rung during a lesson, meanwhile all class mates listen to any single pop or hip hop music during lesson and they are never even being complaint by the professors.

When is it announced if Saviors hit no.1 in UK and US? Tomorrow? 

• Like 1

Just now, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

When is it announced if Saviors hit no.1 in UK and US? Tomorrow? 

I think it already did hit no. 1 in the UK.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Not sure how reliable this source is but they speak of 31,361 sales in the UK in week 1:

https://www.musicweek.com/analysis/read/charts-analysis-green-day-top-30-000-sales-with-saviors/089168

So Saviors got 31,361 units made up of 14,955 CDs, 10,420 vinyl albums, 1,124 cassettes, 1,493 units from digital downloads and 3,369 sales-equivalent streams

FOAM got 23,389 back in 2020. But is there an article or something detailing where exactly those 23,389 units came from, how much from CDs/vinyls/cassettes/digital/streams?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So Saviors got 31,361 units made up of 14,955 CDs, 10,420 vinyl albums, 1,124 cassettes, 1,493 units from digital downloads and 3,369 sales-equivalent streams

FOAM got 23,389 back in 2020. But is there an article or something detailing where exactly those 23,389 units came from, how much from CDs/vinyls/cassettes/digital/streams?

You can see why artists push the physical copies by making variants and bundling things together, it’s a massive part of the sales and streaming just doesn’t achieve the same volume wise. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Find it even more hard to believe that in the US they have sold 40.000 albums only, but the exclusion of indie sales from chart numbers might explain it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Not a huge fan of the Assai colour, tho the black and pink splatter from the official store is cool. Just wish I’d gone for another variant like the neon pink HMV one but not sure I can justify a third vinyl 😂

Me too

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

You can see why artists push the physical copies by making variants and bundling things together, it’s a massive part of the sales and streaming just doesn’t achieve the same volume wise. 

I mean it does for some artists. A lot of artists, at least in the US are driven much more by streams/digital than pure album sales. But I think for rock bands, like Green Day, physical copies of albums are always going to be the main source of its first week performance.

27 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/chart-analysis/10349164-uk-occ-charts-14th-20th-february-2020#post10349209

Found this forum thread that details where the 23,389 units that FOAM sold in its first week came from

19,458 came from physical
1,876 came from digital downloads
2,055 came from sales-equivalent streams

23,389 total

Compared to Saviors - Seems Saviors has had a much better first week in the UK than FOAM. But FOAM still reached no. 1 in the UK

26,499 from physical (CD/Vinyl/cassettes)
1,493 from downloads
3,369 from streams

Also some interesting info regarding other albums
Revolution Radio first week units - 30,880 (apparently only 1,410 from streams https://web.archive.org/web/20161018230907/http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t194589.html > this link also has even more info about albums)
21st Century Breakdown first week sales - 79,770 (this would've been from when album sales were the only factor in chart positions)
American Idiot first week sales - 89,385
American Idiot peak sales in a week - 104,790 (14th week)

American Idiot total units (as of 2020) - 2,307,385 units (2,209,930 pure sales)
Dookie total units (as of 2020) - 1,016,491 (982,586 pure sales)

Interesting how much more successful AI is in the UK compared to Dookie

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I'll have to play it when I get home. I didn't have time to yesterday. But at this point I wish I got the indie version. At least I would a fancy slip cover included.

Me too although I think the Indie in the UK is the one they used for the Assai obi edition :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Also some interesting info regarding other albums
Revolution Radio first week units - 30,880 (apparently only 1,410 from streams https://web.archive.org/web/20161018230907/http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t194589.html

So Saviors did even slightly better than RevRad in the UK? That’s nice to see. It’s obviously just the first week and doesn’t really matter but I just think it’s a great album and I want people to listen to it :D. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

Here in poland that hiphop/pop shit is the most liked (fuck the generation!) especially with shit like "solo" becoming popular there and meanwhile the rock n roll shi has fewer fans

Hey! Youre from Poland? Where exactly?

I think there's some bs going on with the US charts wtf is taking so long to release it? If the rap and country garbage tops green day I'm calling for a recount 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ekim said:

She's a stupid corporate plant 

Do not talk shit about my queen 😇 She's the fucking best.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ekim said:

I think there's some bs going on with the US charts wtf is taking so long to release it? If the rap and country garbage tops green day I'm calling for a recount 

It’s announced on Monday. 

16 minutes ago, ekim said:

She's a stupid corporate plant 

When someone has only grown in popularity over their near 20 years in the industry, any help they got getting started is a bit irrelevant, no? Not denying Taylor has some tricks up her sleeve to help her reach certain achievements (and I say that as a fan), but ultimately she’s talented, hardworking, and is genius at marketing herself. And definitely, definitely not stupid.

Anyhoo, I was excited to see how my personal stats came out after a week of listening. According to Last.Fm, my plays were up 381% from last week lol — 500 song plays and 26 hours of play time. My top tracks were:

1) Goodnight Adeline

2) Coma City

3) Living in the 20s

4) Corvette Summer

5) Dilemma

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Do not talk shit about my queen 😇 She's the fucking best.

What's your name over in the Swiftie Forums, Little Boy Named....I don't know any Swift references, darn!

It's been one full week.  If Album 15 isn't out soon, I'm going to demand somone take me to the inn called the Looney Bin.    

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

When someone has only grown in popularity over their near 20 years in the industry, any help they got getting started is a bit irrelevant, no? Not denying Taylor has some tricks up her sleeve to help her reach certain achievements (and I say that as a fan), but ultimately she’s talented, hardworking, and is genius at marketing herself. And definitely, definitely not stupid.

Anyhoo, I was excited to see how my personal stats came out after a week of listening. According to Last.Fm, my plays were up 381% from last week lol — 500 song plays and 26 hours of play time. My top tracks were:

1) Goodnight Adeline

2) Coma City

3) Living in the 20s

4) Corvette Summer

5) Dilemma

Goodnight Adeline is such a great song. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

I also would love to see rock back in the forefront, but I don't understand singling out pop or hip hop and damning it. For a while rap was doing some interesting stuff while rock felt very by the books and generic. I feel like both rap and pop have started to incorporate elements from other genres, which is what makes them so appealing. Rock has its moments, but when you think about who mainstream rock favors, it's pretty bland (Imagine Dragons) or by the books (Foo Fighters). And now we have the nostalgic factor in play where rock gets a little attention if a band reunites (like blink). That doesn't mean there aren't rock bands out there doing really cool stuff, but it's just harder for them to break mainstream these days. But I think more new rock bands need the proper support and push to get more eyes on them and the genre as a whole. 

In a way I feel quite the opposite. Rap and Hip Hop are way over the hill and have basically become the machine. Mumble rap being a thing just solidifies my stance further. The original movements leaned further on true musical fusion and as time has gone on that’s been slowly removed. 

I know Rock was viewed in this light after the wave in the 2000s and maybe there was a point things got stale but I’ve heard a lot more new stuff from rock sub genres lately than any other genre. There is a resurgence and it’s even overlapping in the pop world just like in the 2000s. Now mind you, I haven’t gone crazy for anything new and it’s not my cup of tea but it’s much better than mumble rap.

Rock is also spread across 100s of subgenres and then those sub genres can even break down further. That spreads the market thin. Where hip hop and rap ride on a small handful of artists for a period of time and then roll in the next handful. 

1 hour ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Same, i was almost punished from university's professors because my calling ringtone was "Jack***" from "Warning" and it rung during a lesson, meanwhile all class mates listen to any single pop or hip hop music during lesson and they are never even being complaint by the professors.

If I were to put any gd song as my ringtone, it's definitely that solo in who wrote holden caulfield. Fucking badass

34 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Hey! Youre from Poland? Where exactly?

Rzeszów, subcarpathian voivodeship