Green Day to headline EA Sports Superbowl Party Feb 9 in Las Vegas

pacejunkie punk

GDC could collectively pay for a livestream just users.  We should try to do that.  Tell Green Day they can play whatever they like, but deep cuts would be appreciated. If it's still unaffordable, we could hire the Tubbies, Del Gatos, Coverups or even The Network.  I know the Network guys personally and they'd probably be cheap.

3 hours ago, Squashie said:

Most of our cities (U.S.) have noise ordinances in place because the stadiums/outdoor venues are in residential areas. 11pm is the typical cutoff time for when they go into effect. It's been that way for decades. Most residents would give much mind if it was only friday/saturday, but since these shows happen mid-week in some area, people have to sleep because of work/school.

You're bring back memories from last year, with the number of phone calls we had to deal with after FOB played at Wrigley.  The number of calls complaining about the noise, that people couldn't eat out on their balconies listening to classical music...

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

GDC could collectively pay for a livestream just users.  We should try to do that.  Tell Green Day they can play whatever they like, but deep cuts would be appreciated. If it's still unaffordable, we could hire the Tubbies, Del Gatos, Coverups or even The Network.  I know the Network guys personally and they'd probably be cheap.

We could do my contract technique with Billie - what songs would y'all like to see? Me: Westbound, jinx, haushinka, reject, husker du cover. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They would sell more festival tickets if they played one album one night, the other one the next night.  More people would go to two festivals.

This is it! I don't know what they are doing by playing both albums at the same concert. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

You're bring back memories from last year, with the number of phone calls we had to deal with after FOB played at Wrigley.  The number of calls complaining about the noise, that people couldn't eat out on their balconies listening to classical music...

Those poor souls... 😂

I'm sure that Lolla gets more complaints than Wrigley (which seems odd that wrigley would get that many complaints. That ball field is loud in the summer anyway.)

• Like 2

Holy cow, if you showed me these pics without context, I'd think they were from 21CB era! :o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Holy cow, if you showed me these pics without context, I'd think they were from 21CB era! :o

Jason's grey hair and Tre's face ruins that impression for me, but goddamn aren't they all still beautiful as ever.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:09 AM, Miko said:

Jason's grey hair and Tre's face ruins that impression for me, but goddamn aren't they all still beautiful as ever.

I failed to mentioned I was specifically talking about Billie. :lol:

• Haha 1