Green Day on Howard Stern 1/17

dudley dawson

Maybe they'll play full AI on some shows and full Dookie on others and not too albums back to back?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

unless the other three bands are only playing 30 minutes, but I doubt smashing pumpkins would agree to tour with them if their set was that short 

The Linda Lindas, I’m guessing, will play a very short set. Like 20 minutes. So say 6-6:20. Break in between for setup. Rancid could play 30 minutes from 6:40-7:10. Break for setup. Smashing Pumpkins could play 7:30-8:30. And then Green Day could be 8:45-10:45.

It’ll have be a very organized show, but I think it’s doable.

• Like 1

OMG if I get to hear Whatsername live I will cry!  I think GD do brilliant album closers (with one notable exception, Amy) and I love love love Whatsername!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Man, Letterbomb is such a fucking jam. Top 10 Green Day song?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Don't care for Dookie but American Idiot is a masterpiece hearing that live would be a dream. 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

4 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Here’s what Mike said: Dirnt estimates it’ll take about 90 minutes to play both albums. “We’ll then have about 35 to 45 minutes to throw down on other stuff,” he says. “And production-wise, doing these albums lends itself to some amazing possibilities.” 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/green-day-dookie-american-idiot-summer-stadium-tour-1234947766/amp/

They seem to be thinking about it in terms of literal time of the songs rather than how they take interaction breaks, so hopefully this will work how they plan live.

Are they planning on playing them in a faster tempo or truncating songs? Because the run time if you played them both back to back without stopping is like 97 minutes. So probably longer when you do it live 

Just now, petros said:

Don't care for Dookie but American Idiot is a masterpiece hearing that live would be a dream. 

How does one… not care for dookie? 🤯 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I wonder if this is why they made the announcement today to boost ticket sales which I imagine might be underperforming a little bit at this moment.

That crossed my mind too. 

• Like 1

I’m wondering if they might do a mashup or two (which would be soooo cool), or cut out a few verses here and there to make this work.

But I’m sure they’ve thought about it a lot and feel like they can make it work within the window they have, so I’m not going to worry about it.

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

Vocal mixing on par with the Amazon performance

Oh no?

Just now, lucky_stars said:

We really need a Green Day eras tour 😭😭😭

This feels like a mini eras tour, that was my first thought. 😂

I can't listen to it from Europe. If anyone have a link please share. 😊

56 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I can't believe I'll actually hear Whatsername live. Absolute bucket list moment for me.

Same here. :wub:  And Homecoming. 

• Love 1

I bet they’ll play Dilemma right after Whatsername bc of the tuning. 😮‍💨