New single - Dilemma - Out December 7th

AnonymWarnerGermany

1 hour ago, Robbie1039 said:

I love how they’ve had the videos ready for the release of the songs!  Also one of my favorite Green Day riffs already.  I think they could’ve played it for longer!  But I guess that’s just going to make me want to play it over and over even more!

Yeah I still can't believe oh yeah did pretty  well on alt radio it's a terrible song the video was even worse 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I kinda love that off key guitar note at the start, just before the chorus kicks in. It’s jarring but also fits with the theme. And the video is so fucking good, 100% up there with their best. 

100%

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think it will chart on the rock/alternative charts at least. I think LMNB wasn't intended to be a serious single. I think it was just sort of like Fire Ready Aim, a pre-release single but the promotional focus was more on Father of All and Oh Yeah, and I think this time around, there's gonna be more focus on TADIKM and Dilemma probably

One thing I noticed about the video is it almost seems to be trying to be funny even though the song is really depressing and personal. Or at least that's what I've seen people take from the video, like thinking Billie going into someone's home all drunk and stuff is funny and in a way it is. But watching that video kind of just makes me sad. It's a good video. It just makes me sad seeing Billie acting like that. Even if he's just acting

I get this.  It can be odd saying "I enjoyed this video" due to the subject matter, but I do.  And it is split into parts, the hey, this is fun, and then, oh shit, until it isn't.

I do wonder about singles, how much they push what.  LMNB was getting attention due to the Taco Bell commercial, but I wonder if they don't push it for that very reason.  I hope they push this one.

• Like 1

I cannot believe how good this is! Every song we've gotten so far has knocked it out of the park! What a top tier music video too! :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ekim said:

It's very late 50s doowop rockabilly style 

* rockabillie 

5 hours ago, Biddymc said:

Fantastic song.  And fantastic video.  I think this song hits so differently than Still Breathing.  . Brutal Love is one of my favorite trilogy song, and this one speaks to me in the same way.  In a way, it makes Still Breathing sound pretty naive to the whole post rehab scenario.  Such a slippery slope addiction.  One of the things that resonates with me is wanting to be able to have the fun, and being around someone with issues, and still having a part of me want them to be a part of the fun.   It's why I find it easy to turn a blind eye to it at times.  And then boom, you're at the not fun part, and the impact on friends and family is honestly brutal.  It's really hard to be honest about that part.  It's a lot easier to diminish the impact and deflect the damage.  If Billie is doing that work in his real life, well I give him credit...  In terms of this song tho, lyrics, guitar riffs, just a total banger.  I really have liked all 3 songs so far, and they have all piqued my interest in different ways.  I am super excited to hear this album from start to finish.  Bring on Saviors!

That’s the same way I feel about Lazy Bones off the trilogy. Dilemma is kind of the dirtier, harder version that gives me the same vibes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, okotavio said:

I love the song and all but THAT VIDEO damn that’s definitely their best in years. what a masterpiece

Videos for the album thus far are fantastic, with Dilemma and American Dream being particularly epic!! The creativity and videography are top tier, and the consistency (black and white with more color added consecutively across the releases) yet style uniqueness of each of the three singles blows my mind.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Lazy Bones with Saviors production would be insane.

Agree wholeheartedly!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I really hope there are some club shows here in the States because I really need to be crammed into a small venue bopping with everyone to this song.

This would be a dream come true 

6 hours ago, Jhei Morisato said:

am I the only one who thinks it's sounds like Paramore's One of Those (Crazy Girls)?

Was thinking the same thing. In my mind I hear Hayley's "ooooh..." right after the first verse because it sounds really similar to Crazy Girls!

Yeah, for the music wankers, the addition of the minor 6th note to take the Amaj chord into (I think - little rusty on my theory) an FAug chord at the end of each verse refrain, and just before the chorus kicks in adds a melancholy feel. It's a great touch. 

That reviewer said "someone's been listening to Weezer", and yeah TBH my first reaction was "Make Believe" era (AKA their darkest album) vibes. 

Edited by Saviour
  • Like 3

I thought Jillie Bow was going to recreate his meltdown at iheart while watching the first time.  😄  

This song makes me cry, I love it.  I'll let my son hear it tonight and see what Gen Alpha thinks.   They are the Green Day fans of tomorrow.