Interview on 93.5 Today Radio - Billie just out of rehab?

DearlyBeloved87

I was just listening to the interview on 93.5 Today Radio. When asked if they still smoke, Billie Joe said: "I just got out of rehab." It seemed like he wasn't joking and wasn't referring to ten years ago. What do you guys think? I've uploaded the audio here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised 2

Unless he is a complete asshole while being drunk I don't mind seeing him with a beer in his hand sometime.

• Like 1

I agree with @pacejunkie punk but I’m not entirely sure he was serious, something in his voice at the very end. 🤷🏼‍♂️    Might be easier to tell if he was joking if we could see him.  If he is just out of rehab and they’ve kept it quiet then why would he just drop it in there like that, he could have just said no? We’ll probably never know but on the other hand if he has been back it may explain what appears to be the delay in the album.  Assuming there actually was a delay.

• Like 3

I really feel for any celebrity struggling with issues like this. It has to be so much harder with the party merry-go-round all the time. It's hard enough for anyone but a celebrity can't change their job or lifestyle to accommodate any changes needed or at least only to a certain extent 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Depends on how recently he means by “just got out of rehab”

But my first thought was that potentially this could explain the recent cancellations?

Not that it really matters now. Health is more important than anything.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I agree with @pacejunkie punk but I’m not entirely sure he was serious, something in his voice at the very end. 🤷🏼‍♂️    Might be easier to tell if he was joking if we could see him.  If he is just out of rehab and they’ve kept it quiet then why would he just drop it in there like that, he could have just said no? We’ll probably never know but on the other hand if he has been back it may explain what appears to be the delay in the album.  Assuming there actually was a delay.

Delay???? They just posted the official track list and it says January 19th where are you hearing it's getting delayed?

And we should mention that was a pretty crap thing for the interviewer to do, just hand out joints to a band whose leader so famously went to rehab. There’s no way he didn’t know that.  I can only assume he was hoping for a reaction that would progress his career. 

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

While I agree with you in principle, it seems to me the interviewer’s motivation was  highly questionable.

That’s what radio folks do. They intentionally act like idiots because a lot of people find that entertaining. They addressed it and while they didn’t apologize on air, they sounded regretful.