Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

40 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

We never get options. Why do you think @Lindsay and I travel to catch shows with you guys so much? :lol: 

... I thought it was just because you liked us or something. :confused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

... I thought it was just because you liked us or something. :confused:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7hqntzl8l2bqqtuxbm5

jk, love you guys. :wub: 

• Haha 3

I'm going to move on from my angst, although I reserve the right to get angry about this shit show all over again if I feel like it.

Set list predictions? I'm feeling basically a greatest hits type of situation with MAYBE one or two deep cuts.... I mean, what other option is there at this point? It would be so cool to get a straight play through of AI or Dookie given the fact that those albums turn 20 and 30 respectively next year but I'm solidly prepared to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Bought my tickets for Seattle! Section 132. Feels so strange to have seats for a Green Day show but I just could not justify the price of a pit ticket.

Hope to see some of you there! 

12 minutes ago, Montclare said:

In between refreshes I decided to do my Duolingo for the day.  I think I should take this as a hint.

With Gloria as an added bonus reference! 

• Haha 2

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

With Gloria as an added bonus reference! 

I noticed that too!  :lol:  Maybe that should give me hope?

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

As much as I'm bitching about the price and such.... Am I the only person here who actually prefers the huge shows vs. the club shows? People act fucking feral at those club shows and it's just not the vibe! The bigger shows are always so much more relaxed and fun in my experience. 

I would be OK with arenas again! I definitely agree about the club shows; you guys remember that I couldn't survive the pits we waited for (yes, I'm less heavy than I was then, but also almost 10 years older 😂) and it got nasty. But having attended Wrigley 2017 and Hella Mega, it's so impersonal now. And outdoors with NO covering is brutal; Detroit Hella Mega was so hot it nearly took out Mike and I was struggling not to pass out in a seat in the lower deck, now I'm in the upper deck closer to the damn sun! 

3 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I'm convincing myself they won't sit around for six months with the album being released, but who knows.

I used to think this way, too, when they were younger and not beholden to Crush. I think this is it because Crush seems to specialize in this shit. Arena and club tours don't make them enough money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pittsburgh 

And don’t even talk about mainstream pop acts. Taylor Swift fans are laughing 

Taylor swift even went after ticketmaster when they fucked up her verified fan sale made them reset it

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If anyone wants to try their luck again tomorrow with the Live Nation presale the code is BACKSTAGE

I'm actually very curious to see what this presale is like haha. 

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If anyone wants to try their luck again tomorrow with the Live Nation presale the code is BACKSTAGE

Thanks! What time does it start?

I really think there should be less pre-sales or no pre-sales. I've seen far too many instances where an entire show has sold out during pre-sale leaving nothing for general sales. They need to be more limited, maybe add a deadline like til 5. Not up until general sales.

That being said I'll check out tomorrow but not holding my breath.

• Like 3

Going to hold off on buying tickets for San Francisco right now.. Not willing to spend close to $400 for hubby and I to go. Waited to get tickets a couple days before for the last tour and Ticketmaster released floor seats for $44.00 a ticket. They opened up more seats as the concert got closer and prices dropped. I got lucky and somebody in the Hell Mega Facebook group could not go and was willing to give away 2 tickets for free. I thank her for being a kind and generous person who just wanted to see another Green Day fan enjoy the concert.  She paid $99 tickets at field level, so to pay $265 now is utterly insane.  There will probably be people not able to go and selling for cheap or giving away day of. Ticketmaster almost always hold back tickets to release the week before the show.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Going to hold off on buying tickets for San Francisco right now.. Not willing to spend close to $400 for hubby and I to go. Waited to get tickets a couple days before for the last tour and Ticketmaster released floor seats for $44.00 a ticket. They opened up more seats as the concert got closer and prices dropped. I got lucky and somebody in the Hell Mega Facebook group could not go and was willing to give away 2 tickets for free. I thank her for being a kind and generous person who just wanted to see another Green Day fan enjoy the concert.  She paid $99 tickets at field level, so to pay $265 now is utterly insane.  There will probably be people not able to go and selling for cheap or giving away day of. Ticketmaster almost always hold back tickets to release the week before the show.

Thank you for giving me hope. Wanted to take my two younger sisters to the KC show, but at a $1300 total for 3 tickets in the pit, I’d have to prostitute myself to make that happen (which for the record I did seriously consider). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m told that they release only a small amount of non-VIP pit tickets a day so if you struck out today and are still looking, it’s worth it to check back both tomorrow and Friday before giving up

• Like 2

Aaaaaah TicketMaster 🥰 what an amazing piece of shit website and a bunch of motherfucker assholes soab :)

it's so fun to have an hundred error before being able to reach the tickets page. The queue system is broken as fuck and when you finally reach for some tickets why not add some more fees that make No. FUCKING. Sense.

• Like 4

I wish these were priced the same way as "cheap" as the festival tickets were for 2022/2023 to see Green Day. My wallet took a huge chunk. I'm not complaining but seriously TM adds so many fees. I hope I can go to atleast 2 more shows once the dates get closer if I see anyone selling pit tickets. I feel like during that presale it was "too easy" to accidentally order a vip pit ticket vs the regular pit ticket bc I think I accidentally did that, unless the show on August 10th was already THAT expensive.

• Like 1