New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

Spotify streams for TADIKM
Day 1 - 248k
Day 2 - 487k (+239k)
Day 3 - 663k (+176k)
Day 4 - 1,078k (+415k)
Day 5 - 1,313k (+235k)
Day 6 - 1,495k (+182k)
Day 7 - 1,718k (+223k)
Day 8 - 1,911k (+193k)
Day 9 - 2,085k (+174k)
Day 10 - 2,336k (+251k)
Day 11 - 2,534k (+198k)
Day 12 - 2,669k (+135k)
Day 13 - 2,788k (+119k)
Day 14 - 2,927k (+139k)
Day 15 - 3,074k (+147k)
Day 16 - 3,218k (+144k)
Day 17 - 3,346k (+128k)
Day 18 - 3,478k (+132k)
Day 19 - 3,660k (+182k)?
Day 20 - 3,755k (+95k)?

Spotify streams for LMNB
Day 1 - 137k
Day 2 - 469k (+332k)
Day 3 - 636k (+167k)
Day 4 - 770k (+134k)
Day 5 - 930k (+160k)
Day 6 - 1,089k (+159k)
Day 7 - 1,241k (+152k)
Day 8 - 1,371k (+130k)
Day 9 - 1,479k (+108k)
Day 10 - 1,601k (+122k)?
Day 11 - 1,668k (+67k)?

Ok... So idk what happened here. Either I missed a day of streams without realizing it yesterday and accidentally recorded 2 days worth of streams in 1 day, where streams would've reduced instead of increased. Or I didn't miss a day and the streams reduced by 50% in 1 day. I think ik which one happened

Even with missing a day though, the amount streams reduced yesterday must've been quite a lot to have dropped to 95k and 67k today

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Anyone know why there’s a Rock Airplay chart, an Alternative Airplay chart and then a Rock and Alternative Airplay chart? I get the argument for breaking them up, but then why do we need the third one?

Wikipedia has them defined as-

Mainstream Rock Airplay- Measures airplay spins on 77 mainstream rock radio stations encompassing active rock and heritage rock

Alternative Airplay- Measures airplay spins on 50 alternative/modern rock stations

Rock and Alternative Airplay- Airplay audience impressions on mainstream rock, alternative, and Triple A radio stations

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Wikipedia has them defined as-

Mainstream Rock Airplay- Measures airplay spins on 77 mainstream rock radio stations encompassing active rock and heritage rock

Alternative Airplay- Measures airplay spins on 50 alternative/modern rock stations

Rock and Alternative Airplay- Airplay audience impressions on mainstream rock, alternative, and Triple A radio stations

Yeah so it seems that Rock and Alternative is the chart you want because it combines the other two.  I know that big acts have a leg up here because the record labels have a lot of power to push their artists into heavy rotation on radio so this is not necessarily the band’s achievement or an indication of public reaction but it’s a start. It’s more of an accolade for Warner and Crush doing their job and getting the song into as many ears as they can. The hope is this is then reflected in increased streams and sales. That’s when the public speaks. 

Maybe streams are going down because they’re not really promoting the song? Sure, they played their club shows in Europe but we didn’t get a proper interview or a TV performance so far (apart from that Amazon Music thing). They definitely did that with the last two albums. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Maybe streams are going down because they’re not really promoting the song? Sure, they played their club shows in Europe but we didn’t get a proper interview or a TV performance so far (apart from that Amazon Music thing). They definitely did that with the last two albums. 

I would like to see more promotion and I think there would have been a bit this week but for the illnesses. I imagine there’s more to come, particularly when the album comes out

• Like 3

I've listened to this song many times today together with songs from AI/Breakdown, and I'm a bit perplexed by the mixing/mastering. I feel that some low frequencies are missing, and it sounds somewhat strange. LMNB sounds definitely better in comparison. What do you guys think of this? Do I have to change headphones?

2 hours ago, Giovanni Giova Zampieri said:

I've listened to this song many times today together with songs from AI/Breakdown, and I'm a bit perplexed by the mixing/mastering. I feel that some low frequencies are missing, and it sounds somewhat strange. LMNB sounds definitely better in comparison. What do you guys think of this? Do I have to change headphones?

Adikm is not CLAs best mix, my GUESS is that it was the last song mixed and wasn’t done with the other batch based on CLA pics and Mikes interview, and how different it sounds

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Giovanni Giova Zampieri said:

To me a relief, that there is less low end. The FOAM and post-FOAM songs had way too much low end 😅

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic
20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The YouTube views on this song are pathetic.

Yeah the music video is getting like 20k views a day

This doesn't surprise me. They're an old rock band in an era where only what's new in pop and hip hop really blow up. As long as they're comfortable being popular only among what is now a niche, I think it's okay. Kinda sad, but it's the reality right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devilskind92 said:

This doesn't surprise me. They're an old rock band in an era where only what's new in pop and hip hop really blow up. As long as they're comfortable being popular only among what is now a niche, I think it's okay. Kinda sad, but it's the reality right now.

I’ve heard that Billie wants to be a Cult Hero 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah the music video is getting like 20k views a day

really? How do you know? That is unfortunately low for such great video. The part where Billie screams SAY and climbs on the car and plays solo is just EPIC

Edited by Warszawa
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wonder why. Is Green Day that unpopular?

Idk, FOAM really had a bad effect on how a lot of people perceived modern Green Day. And if these people didn't care for RevRad or the trilogy either, I guess a lot of them  just have no interest now in checking out new Green Day songs, which is a shame.

I really think that a lot of people are even shitting on American Idiot nowadays even. I think every time GD release a new album that has mixed or negative reception, people look back on American Idiot and think "was this album even that good"? Obviously people still love this album, as do I, but I see so much more people calling it overrated or saying it was never that good than I have before. Obviously these people have been around forever too but idk, seems to be way more frequent now. I expect to hear people say that about 21CB (even if I completely disagree with them), but it's weird to see how many people think American Idiot is just kinda average now. I think lately modern GD has become so much of a punching bag for a lot of people and that even applies to American Idiot somewhat.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, devilskind92 said:

People who think American Idiot is just average clearly haven't heard it in a long time and are letting their current views of the band influence their opinion on it. Every time I listen to that record start to finish, I'm impressed by how amazing it is. It truly is a masterpiece, no matter what people say.

It used to be in my no. 2 spot for GD albums just after 21CB, but Dookie's overtaken it quite recently. It's still absolutely a 10/10 album for me though

• Like 1

I don’t know how anyone can listen to American Idiot and not admit it’s an impressive album, even if the music isn’t your thing. Rewarding listen start to finish. Do people even listen to albums that way anymore? Maybe the fact that the singles were overplayed to death made people lose sight of how great these songs are.

• Like 4

I’ve heard that Billie wants to be a Cult Hero 😉

He succeeded 😃

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk, FOAM really had a bad effect on how a lot of people perceived modern Green Day. And if these people didn't care for RevRad or the trilogy either, I guess a lot of them  just have no interest now in checking out new Green Day songs, which is a shame.

I really think that a lot of people are even shitting on American Idiot nowadays even. I think every time GD release a new album that has mixed or negative reception, people look back on American Idiot and think "was this album even that good"? Obviously people still love this album, as do I, but I see so much more people calling it overrated or saying it was never that good than I have before. Obviously these people have been around forever too but idk, seems to be way more frequent now. I expect to hear people say that about 21CB (even if I completely disagree with them), but it's weird to see how many people think American Idiot is just kinda average now. I think lately modern GD has become so much of a punching bag for a lot of people and that even applies to American Idiot somewhat.

There's a large kids school where I live in Liverpool. The 6th form,16 year olds studying for their GCSE exams. Two passed me in the street the other week, one was wearing an AI t-shirt the other a Dookie t-shirt. I nearly walked into a lamp-post. lol

• Haha 2

Do people even listen to albums that way anymore?

Honestly, probably not. They just stream popular songs. TikTok attention spans are prevalent in a lot of spaces. It's like asking if people still read newspapers vs. consuming news on social media.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Honestly, probably not. They just stream popular songs. TikTok attention spans are prevalent in a lot of spaces. It's like asking if people still read newspapers vs. consuming news on social media.

Music lovers still do but the masses don’t.

• Like 1