¡Uno! released 11 years ago, whats your favorite song?

Fuzz

¡Uno! released 11 years ago, whats your favorite song?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Oh Love better live than on the album, I think it’s very soulful, as is Oh Love which is a good song but a bad single I thought.

• Like 4

Rusty James is not only the best song on the album, but arguably the best of the Trilogy. 

Unfortunately the production on the albums doesn’t do it justice, so I find myself listening to the Demolicious version which is far superior.

Stay Night is great and Sweet 16 is a bop.

I’ve never really got on with the singles though. 

Oh Love is ok, but 2 minutes too long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

I really agree with this. The recorded version is ok, maybe too bland, but the live versions were really awesome, and the break after the solo really helped to create momentum in the show. I hope they can manage to put Oh Love back in the set for that only reason.

I hope so too. Oh Love might not have been as successful as the AI/21CBD singles but it also wasn’t a failure. That song was all over the radio when it came out, at least here in Germany. My girlfriend didn’t know much about Green Day and she instantly recognized the song when I played it. I think the band is often concerned that audiences don’t know the deep cuts (even though Oh Love was a single and can’t really be considered a deep cut), which is why they refrain from playing these songs to bigger audiences. But I honestly don’t think that would be the case with this one because it’s relatively well known and is also a nice sing-along song.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2023 at 4:55 PM, The Grohl said:

Oh Brutal Love. I loved this song as soon as I heard it. Never expected green day to do something like this. It harkens old soul singers like sam cooke and I still absolutely love it. I was fortunate enough to see them play it live on the 99 Revolutions Tour and it's a moment I cherish.

Yes, praise the Trilogy.  PRAISE!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have a lot of love for Uno. Ok, so it might not be my favourite album out of the entire back catalogue, but it's still a really fun listen. I think my four favourite songs off it are Carpe Diem, Rusty James, Stay the night (nice sentiments and catchy), and Kill the DJ because it's badass! Turns out according to google, I've been singing a lyric wrong this entire time though!🤣

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

Turns out according to google, I've been singing a lyric wrong this entire time though!🤣

There's even a thread for you to share misheard lyrics here

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Psycho Britney said:

I have a lot of love for Uno. Ok, so it might not be my favourite album out of the entire back catalogue, but it's still a really fun listen. I think my four favourite songs off it are Carpe Diem, Rusty James, Stay the night (nice sentiments and catchy), and Kill the DJ because it's badass! Turns out according to google, I've been singing a lyric wrong this entire time though!🤣

Which lyric are you singing wrong? I think the two most commonly misheard lyrics from Uno are...
- "I'll pick up what's left in the club" instead of "Ooh, Beer goggles left in the club" in the Kill the DJ
- "Hitch a ride, tell it all you like" instead of "It's your lie, tell it how you like" in Let Yourself Go

15 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Which lyric are you singing wrong? I think the two most commonly misheard lyrics from Uno are...
- "I'll pick up what's left in the club" instead of "Ooh, Beer goggles left in the club" in the Kill the DJ
- "Hitch a ride, tell it all you like" instead of "It's your lie, tell it how you like" in Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ although, now I'm confused! 🤯 I always sing "Ooh beer googles left in the club" and then when I googled the song it said it was "I'll pick up what's left in the club". So I have been singing it correctly then?! 🤣 Google lied to me!

I always loved the "beer googles" lyric and thought it was really clever and part of the reason I love the song!😊

Just now, Psycho Britney said:

Kill the DJ although, now I'm confused! 🤯 I always sing "Ooh beer googles left in the club" and then when I googled the song it said it was "I'll pick up what's left in the club". So I have been singing it correctly then?! 🤣 Google lied to me!

I always loved the "beer googles" lyric and thought it was really clever and part of the reason I love the song!😊

No the beer goggles one is the right one. Billie even used that lyric again in a song on their most recent Network album

I think a lot of these common misheard lyrics come from lyric videos and then people just assume they're right

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Fink and Billie are nothing alike

Is it possible that The Network wrote the Trilogy to sabotage Green Day, but Green Day liked it, so they let it get put out under their name?   I bet those people on the back of the Trilogy albums are actually Network members.  That's why they look so....off.   Especially Mike.  Oh la la.   

• Surprised 1

I like Uno as a whole so much more than anything that has come after. I’m excited to see if Saviors can knock it off that pedestal!:toocool:

On 9/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You don't like her BM-excellent tits?

I fucking live for pigs sniffing glue!

Put that in my obituary.

• Haha 2

My favorite Uno track is without a doubt Oh Love, I also love Nuclear Family. Sweet 16 is also nice. Honestly out of the whole trilogy, Uno is the only one I would not mind listening to in full again.

• Like 1