¡Uno! released 11 years ago, whats your favorite song?

Fuzz

¡Uno! released 11 years ago, whats your favorite song?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Love seeing Kill the Dj on people's best of list! I feel like when it dropped not too many people liked it. I was so into it. It was the song that got me hyped for the trilogy.

I find it weird that people often grouped it in with Nightlife as "the 2 worst songs of the trilogy"

I don't even hate Nightlife but I get why it was so hated. Kill the DJ, I don't get as much. I mean, it for sure was different and I get why a lot of people wouldn't like it but it also didn't seem so out there in the same way Nightlife was. Kill the DJ at least stood out on a project where a large portion of the songs have the same kind of sound resulting in some songs just sort of being forgettable

• Like 4

I will never forget downloading the entire album onto my iPod the morning it was released and having my friend listen to the album all the way through with me on our way to a cross country meet.

Definitely my favorite album of the trilogy.

• Like 3

Sweet 16 for me! I heavily listened to this song when I was really depressed and going through it. Felt like Billie was singing to me only by mentioning a girl with brown eyes and brown skin. The trilogy, especially Uno, has a special place in my heart. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 9/25/2023 at 6:32 AM, pcj said:

Love UNO and always play it in full . All the songs fit perfectly.

For me the standout track is "Kill The DJ". Wik' claim it's influence is from dance punk.

Billie Joe's guitar playing is awesome. The instrumental break in the middle is something else. Get goose bumps every time I hear it.

I agree they really leveled up with Kill the Dj. It’s such a cool song.

I love Rusty James. The solo is so heartfelt,  nostalgic and sad. I wish they had kept the title “Last Gang In Town” tho.

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 9:18 PM, dirnt286 said:

I love Rusty James. The solo is so heartfelt,  nostalgic and sad. I wish they had kept the title “Last Gang In Town” tho.

Have you seen Rumble Fish? I always wondered if Billie was writing about Matt Dillon’s movie portrayal or creating a whole new persona based on the S.E. Hinton character of the same name?

• Love 1

Rusty James (Great songs) 

Fell For You.

Loss of Control.

Kill the DJ.  

Oh Love.

Stay the Night.  

Sweet 16.   (good song)  

Let Yourself Go  (okay songs)  

Troublemaker

Angel Blue 

Nuclear Family

Carpe Diem (worst)

• Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I honestly didn't expect Stay The Night to be so many other peoples favourite Uno song also.

I have loved that song ever since the first time I heard it being played at a sound check long before the album came out. It's not only got a fantastic intro, choruses, pre-choruses and verses, but it might also have one of my favourite solos/bridges/breakdowns in any Green Day song ever. I love this song so much and I still hope to see it live one day.

It's also in desperate need of an OTIS mix too, so if anyone associated with Green Day sees this, please tell them to give this song some more love!

Rusty James is my 2nd and Fell for You is probably my 3rd, either that or Kill the DJ.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Gimmicky would not be a word I use to describe the trilogy. I guess the concept of a trilogy is a gimmick in itself but in terms of the sound of each album, I wouldn't say any of them are gimmicky. I guess Nightlife is a gimmick but otherwise, I don't see gimmicks within each album

Agreed. FOAM is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of gimmicky Green Day albums for sure, and in many ways the Trilogy was like the polar opposite of FOAM.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 7:52 AM, Fuzz said:

¡Uno! was released 11 years ago today, Sept. 25, 2012. Whats your favorite song from the album? Favorite video? Favorite single? 

Where does album stack up for you these days? 

Green_Day_-_Uno!_cover.jpeg

I'm more of a tre guy 

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Agreed. FOAM is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of gimmicky Green Day albums for sure, and in many ways the Trilogy was like the polar opposite of FOAM.

Trouble maker and kill the dj seemed gimmicky 

On 10/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, billiesblue said:

Sweet 16 for me! I heavily listened to this song when I was really depressed and going through it. Felt like Billie was singing to me only by mentioning a girl with brown eyes and brown skin. The trilogy, especially Uno, has a special place in my heart. ❤️

The song is about Adrianne I believe 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, ekim said:

...and that's fine and I agree to an extent, but in my opinion one or two gimmicky songs on an album does not make the entire album or trilogy gimmicky, which is what my comment in agreeance with @Christian's Inferno! was specifically addressing. 

You could say that the strange choice to ditch the iconic Green Day sounding guitars for something I consider to be far too clean throughout the entire trilogy was a bit of a gimmick... but like I said, when I think of the word gimmick and what it means for an album, the one that comes to mind is FOAM, which was absolutely filled to the brim with them. The whole purpose of a gimmick is supposed to draw more people to something, in this case an album, but the FOAM gimmicks were executed so poorly that it basically did the opposite.

22 hours ago, ekim said:

Troublemaker (and even Kill the DJ to an extent) is just the Foxboro Hot Tubs sound. If anything, Stop Drop & Roll was the gimmick. And the trilogy is just a continuation of that sound but the 2nd time around, it's not really a gimmick anymore, is it?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Troublemaker (and even Kill the DJ to an extent) is just the Foxboro Hot Tubs sound. If anything, Stop Drop & Roll was the gimmick. And the trilogy is just a continuation of that sound but the 2nd time around, it's not really a gimmick anymore, is it?

All I know is I hope there's absolutely no garage rock on saviors they have done it to death now I wouldn't mind a ballad with early 60s guitar chords but that rockabilly stuff needs to go permanently 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are Stay the Night and Rusty James. I’m more of a Dos and Tre person, but Uno has some good ones!

• Like 3

I think Uno is an underrated album and probably the most cohesive record of the trilogy. I still think that releasing three albums was a bad idea, but the trilogy is not nearly as bad as some people claim. Some songs are mediocre, some songs are bad, but there are also a lot of bangers, and Uno is no exception. Stay the Night is my favorite but I actually like all of the songs with the exception of Troublemaker. Furthermore, I believe that Oh Love gets way too much hate. It was a good single and I still enjoy it.

• Like 4

I’ve always really liked the trilogy.

Every album has at least some of Green Day’s best songs ever.

it’s a shame they didn’t get proper time to promote otto the fullest potential.

• Like 3

Oh Brutal Love. I loved this song as soon as I heard it. Never expected green day to do something like this. It harkens old soul singers like sam cooke and I still absolutely love it. I was fortunate enough to see them play it live on the 99 Revolutions Tour and it's a moment I cherish.

• Like 1
  • Love 3