Here Comes the Shock Removed from Spotify in various countries

GDFan2019

It's been a week now and Here Comes the Shark is still gone from EU Spotify. Highly doubt it has anything to do with licensing at this point, because that issue would've been fixed already.

So, lets get this started. HCTS confirmed to be in new album??

• Surprised 1

4 minutes ago, Miko said:

It's been a week now and Here Comes the Shark is still gone from EU Spotify. Highly doubt it has anything to do with licensing at this point, because that issue would've been fixed already.

So, lets get this started. HCTS confirmed to be in new album??

I doubt it, otherwise they would have remove it outside of EU, too. A few bands released singles years before the album release and didn‘t remove it (Coming for you by The Offspring for example). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

I doubt it, otherwise they would have remove it outside of EU, too. A few bands released singles years before the album release and didn‘t remove it (Coming for you by The Offspring for example). 

So.. EU only album confirmed!!!!

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

If this song is on the new album, then I’m seriously not interested in the rest of it and would think the whole crew has become completely out of touch with reality.

They've been out of touch for years and at this point I highly doubt they'd care about making music that is popular. You can really tell how 21st Century Breakdown scarred Billie for life.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Miko said:

So.. EU only album confirmed!!!!

They've been out of touch for years and at this point I highly doubt they'd care about making music that is popular. You can really tell how 21st Century Breakdown scarred Billie for life.

Huh? It is one of their best albums — what would have him scarred?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

Huh? It is one of their best albums — what would have him scarred?

21st Century Breakdown was the last album they really worked on for years and years and polished everything and so on. It took a huge toll on him and he talked about more in-depth about it in various interviews and most notably on Audible's ''Welcome to my panic'' episode. Seeing what kind of albums they have made ever since 21st CB.. yeah.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Miko said:

21st Century Breakdown was the last album they really worked on for years and years and polished everything and so on. It took a huge toll on him and he talked about more in-depth about it in various interviews and most notably on Audible's ''Welcome to my panic'' episode. Seeing what kind of albums they have made ever since 21st CB.. yeah.

If that's the case, Billie Joe's writing didn't seem to suffer for Trilogy,  and in particular imho the amazing album Rev Rad. 

I may be wrong but wasn't HCTS one of the leftover songs from FOAM? Sorry to again repeat myself but the teases so far seem to indicate a complete move away from FOAM sound.

12 minutes ago, pcj said:

If that's the case, Billie Joe's writing didn't seem to suffer for Trilogy,  and in particular imho the amazing album Rev Rad. 

I may be wrong but wasn't HCTS one of the leftover songs from FOAM? Sorry to again repeat myself but the teases so far seem to indicate a complete move away from FOAM sound.

Well, comparing Trilogy/RR/FOAMF songs lyrics to anything that is on AI or 21st Century Breakdown speaks for itself. As for songs themselves, they're still Green Day. They can fuck around in studio and quickly make something that is a banger without thinking too much about it.

HCTS wasn't leftover from FOAMF. It was just quick shitty song to put out during COVID-era for whatever reason. They did the same with Pollyanna and Holy Toledo and to no ones surprises, they only played Pollyanna live.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pcj said:

I really like the trilogy and even think it has a lot of really solid lyrical ideas and themes in there but you absolutely can't say that the trilogy wasn't a severe drop in lyrical quality from AI/21CB. And RevRad's lyrics are nowhere near as deep or interesting as AI/21CB imo

I agree with Miko that 21CB sort of broke Billie a bit. It was such a difficult album for him to make and with the middling success the album got, he probably didn't think it was really worth it to put the same amount of effort into the lyric writing. As much as people try to lump RevRad in with AI/21CB, it is just not the same in terms of the lyrical content, experimentation or creativity

Idk if we really know anything about where HCTS came from. Maybe it was a leftover from FOAMF, maybe they recorded it afterwards. Idk, does anyone have a source on that?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk if we really know anything about where HCTS came from. Maybe it was a leftover from FOAMF, maybe they recorded it afterwards. Idk, does anyone have a source on that?

Pretty sure Green Day has never said a word about HCTS and Holy Toledo so there are no sources. It's just speculation and rumors.

• Like 1

What’s the logic behind considering the possibility this will be part of the next record, let‘s not even mention considering it “confirmed”? There’s a difference between rumors, speculation, and pure non-sense random delirium out of boredom posted in a boring thread. 

• Like 1

This is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of Green Day.  😄 

Actually, their Quick One While He's Away not being available is a crime against my soul.   I gotta get that on a physical copy, as well as this song too, I guess.

1 hour ago, Miko said:

HCTS wasn't leftover from FOAMF. It was just quick shitty song to put out during COVID-era for whatever reason. They did the same with Pollyanna and Holy Toledo and to no ones surprises, they only played Pollyanna live.

It was released as part of the NHL deal and premiered at the Winter Classic game. That’s all it was for. Maybe there were separate rights issues because of that, limited to North America where it still appears.  The song had a limited life span and it won’t be back

53 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

What’s the logic behind considering the possibility this will be part of the next record, let‘s not even mention considering it “confirmed”? There’s a difference between rumors, speculation, and pure non-sense random delirium out of boredom posted in a boring thread. 

Well happy monday to you too, I guess! There's no need to be so serious about this thing and because this thread happens to exist and nobody knows the real reason it was taken out, it's fun to speculate about it and throw some obvious jokes about it. If you don't like it, then so be it. You don't have to participate in it.

My OG posts point was to address that it's been a week since it was removed and it still hasn't been brought back. The joke was to say that clearly this means that it's gonna be on next album. Hopefully this was clear enough for you.

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was released as part of the NHL deal and premiered at the Winter Classic game. That’s all it was for. Maybe there were separate rights issues because of that, limited to North America where it still appears.  The song had a limited life span and it won’t be back

Oh yeah, true. I totally forgot their NHL deal and yes, HCTS was part of that. Still, I highly doubt it will be forever gone. After all, it's a single from Green Day. Shitty single, but single nonetheless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

This is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of Green Day.  😄 

Actually, their Quick One While He's Away not being available is a crime against my soul.   I gotta get that on a physical copy, as well as this song too, I guess.

A quick one is available on Apple Music (at least in germany). But I think it was only on iTunes as an iTunes Bonus Track and not physically released but I could be wrong

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

A quick one is available on Apple Music (at least in germany). But I think it was only on iTunes as an iTunes Bonus Track and not physically released but I could be wrong

You are right. Only as bonus tracks from iTunes. Here in UK came with "Another State Of Mind" cover.

5 hours ago, Miko said:

Pretty sure Green Day has never said a word about HCTS and Holy Toledo so there are no sources. It's just speculation and rumors.

Holy Toledo was written specifically for a movie score wasn't it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Holy Toledo was written specifically for a movie score wasn't it? 

Yes, the motion picture "Mark, Mary and Some Other People".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

6 hours ago, Miko said:

Well happy monday to you too, I guess! There's no need to be so serious about this thing and because this thread happens to exist and nobody knows the real reason it was taken out, it's fun to speculate about it and throw some obvious jokes about it. If you don't like it, then so be it. You don't have to participate in it.

My OG posts point was to address that it's been a week since it was removed and it still hasn't been brought back. The joke was to say that clearly this means that it's gonna be on next album. Hopefully this was clear enough for you.

Oh yeah, true. I totally forgot their NHL deal and yes, HCTS was part of that. Still, I highly doubt it will be forever gone. After all, it's a single from Green Day. Shitty single, but single nonetheless.

Thanks for reminding me, nothing to do with FOAM of course my mistake. Wasn't the video of HCTS used to promote aerobics? On GD's request Hilken Mancini, who is into punk rock aerobics, promoted her moves on the video?

If that's the case it's a one-off. This is pure conjecture but if, and it's a big if, the song has been removed for licencing issues, could the video be the reason? I dunno. 

12 hours ago, legendary said:

It's back

Nope, still not up in Finland.

10 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Shocking. 

You hate fun, don't you?

5 hours ago, Miko said:

Nope, still not up in Finland.

You hate fun, don't you?

You have a very peculiar conception of fun 🙃