Green Day Duet or guest vocalists ?

cav9mm

Do you think we’ll every have a Green Day track that features a guest vocalist or we’ll see them do a proper duet with someone ?

Is there any existing GD tracks that would have suited a special guest..

I was only listening to “East Jesus Nowhere” the other day and thinking how awesome it would have been to have Sinead O’Connor singing on it. She would fit perfectly with the sentiment of the song and i think her voice would compliment BJ’s also.

I think “Oh Love” would have made a great duet with Paul McCartney also…

To be fair there are so many songs BJ has written that could be sung with Paul.

Anything else ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Liam said:

Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

Oh my lord , completely forget about that. I thought the U2 one was the only duet/collab they did..

• Like 1

Billie with Penelope Houston - The Angel and the Jerk

Maybe I'd feel differently if it happened but can't get particularly excited about the idea of collaborations

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

BJ did a song with Avicii as well

It's on youtube but it wasn't officially released, right? I think Avicii died before the release.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's on youtube but it wasn't officially released, right? I think Avicii died before the release.

Yeah it was never released

• Thanks 1

Controversial but Billie with Morrisey on Wedding Bell Blues 

Billie with Jesse Malin on Strangers and Thieves

• Like 1

Letterbomb features guest vocals from Kathleen Hanna in the song's intro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Speaking of collabs, I’d be interested to see what would happen if Billie had a writing partner

Me too. Broken World was a collab with The Interrupters he gave them the melody idea and they wrote the lyrics.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Me too. Broken World was a collab with The Interrupters he gave them the melody idea and they wrote the lyrics.

And it turned out pretty well!  It could be interesting to do something like that for a Green Day song. He also cowrote with Rancid, Jesse Malin, Aaron for Pinhead Gunpowder and Angelica Houston but all of these songs were for other projects and sounded more like the other artist’s stuff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

And it turned out pretty well!  It could be interesting to do something like that for a Green Day song. He also cowrote with Rancid, Jesse Malin, Aaron for Pinhead Gunpowder and Angelica Houston but all of these songs were for other projects and sounded more like the other artist’s stuff

I love that Jesse Malin song too

• Like 1

I'd be interested to hear a song featuring the Billies (Joe and Eilish). She ventured into rock in "Happier Than Ever" the song so I think it could work well. And I believe marketing would be great with both having the same name.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I'd be interested to hear a song featuring the Billies (Joe and Eilish). She ventured into rock in "Happier Than Ever" the song so I think it could work well. And I believe marketing would be great with both having the same name.

I really thought they were going there with all the stuff they did together for a while, the interview and photoshoot, meeting backstage and the “two Billies” joke at the (I think) AMAs red carpet. A collab would be cool.

• Like 3

Maybe they can even sample Billie Holiday and make the ultimate Billie song!

Ok, I'll stop now

• Haha 1

How about Yungblud on a new Green Day song? 

Laura Jane Grace would be thrilled to work with them and vice versa.  

Green Day and Metallica have been friends for a while and they could do something cool.

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

How about Yungblud on a new Green Day song? 

Laura Jane Grace would be thrilled to work with them and vice versa.  

Green Day and Metallica have been friends for a while and they could do something cool.

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of LJG’s solo work. She’s an incredible lyricist.

• Like 1