Green Day Duet or guest vocalists ?

cav9mm

Think I've posted these before but here's Billie playing with Jesse Malin and the St Mark's Social back in 2011

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of LJG’s solo work. She’s an incredible lyricist.

Some of the best word play and emotional expression I've ever heard.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Some of the best word play and emotional expression I've ever heard.  

Right?! She’s funny, insightful and very vulnerable in her writing. It’s pretty simple and straighforward but clever and emotionally impactful. I’ve been a fan for years, but I think Stay Alive and Silverfish are really where she shines as a poet. (Or I don’t know, maybe listening to these albums just reignited the huge crush I have and they’ve been relatable to me.Her solo show was incredibly moving as well. I think Laura doesn’t get the recognition she deserves as an artist.

Coincidentally, I think on these recent albums she touches on similar topics BJA keeps coming back to. There’s a lot about loneliness, feeling lost in life and looking for something to hold onto. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Right?! She’s funny, insightful and very vulnerable in her writing. It’s pretty simple and straighforward but clever and emotionally impactful. I’ve been a fan for years, but I think Stay Alive and Silverfish are really where she shines as a poet. (Or I don’t know, maybe listening to these albums just reignited the huge crush I have and they’ve been relatable to me.Her solo show was incredibly moving as well. I think Laura doesn’t get the recognition she deserves as an artist.

Coincidentally, I think on these recent albums she touches on similar topics BJA keeps coming back to. There’s a lot about loneliness, feeling lost in life and looking for something to hold onto. 

You have a crush on her too?

😄 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, That Dude said:

How about Yungblud on a new Green Day song? 

Laura Jane Grace would be thrilled to work with them and vice versa.  

Green Day and Metallica have been friends for a while and they could do something cool.

Man, a Metallica / GD collab would be sick. I get the feeling it wouldn't happen this late in their careers though. 

• Like 2

You reminded me of the late 2006 tribute to Elvis Costello, at Decades of Rock at Etess Arena Atlantic City. Billie Joe was one of the special guests. Stand out songs Billie Joe duet with Elvis Costello's "Alison", Billie Joe leading EC's "No Action," and a lively version of "Basket Case" with The Imposters providing backing. Awesome.

• Like 2

I loved that show all bar the Basket Case which I hate the arrangement of.  Billie singing Alison is great though.