Kerrang re Hella Mega Tour

Rumpelstiltskin2000

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well America bad.
Come to Canada.

Well, he went for the UK. He said he’s moving there for a part of the time

15 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I only read the first post of this thread (being the magazine scans).
How the fuck are we talking about abortion, republicans and liberals in a Green Day Kerrang thread?

It's just another Manic Monday. I wish it were Sunday, cause that's my fun day.

Also I legit think he's moving to U.K. part time bc of the recording process for the album, and is only saying it this way to stir shit up. (Which he has clearly done, looking at the other replies!)

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, he went for the UK. He said he’s moving there for a part of the time

😭 It's always raining in the UK.

At least we have snow 7 months a year.

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well America bad.
Come to Canada.

I love it 

34 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

😭 It's always raining in the UK.

At least we have snow 7 months a year.

If I had to choose between rain and snow, I would go for rain, because at least it doesn’t need to be showelled, sorry Canada :cry:

41 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Also I legit think he's moving to U.K. part time bc of the recording process for the album, and is only saying it this way to stir shit up. (Which he has clearly done, looking at the other replies!)

Yeah, he definitely has another reason for it. 

• Like 1

I think he is in the Uk for recording because he has a family member living there at least part time as well.  And I know it is probably not ok to say this, but I think part of the reason he is pissed off at the US isn't political at all, I think it is because in the US, his family member got "cancelled", and even tho plenty of us feel it was warranted, in my opinion, I think the whole cancel culture and what happened, pisses Billie off.   Any way, in short, I think he is there for personal reasons, and it works for him and his family.  If this is totally inappropriate, mods can delete it.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

He said years ago that Adrienne and he might move to New York semi permanently and that didn’t happen, yet anyway.  I think his mind flits.

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

He said years ago that Adrienne and he might move to New York semi permanently and that didn’t happen, yet anyway.  I think his mind flits.

At the time both his kids were in NY, working and in school so I think that was why he said that but plans changed when they dropped out and moved back  West. So now Joey is in London and he wants to move there.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

At the time both his kids were in NY, working and in school so I think that was why he said that but plans changed when they dropped out and moved back  West. So now Joey is in London and he wants to move there.

Yes, just didn’t bother with all the detail 😂 Wonder if they kept the apartment in New York they had, possibly not?

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes, just didn’t bother with all the detail 😂 Wonder if they kept the apartment in New York they had, possibly not?

We’re both empty nesters, it’s hard to know where to settle until your kids are settled somewhere so that’s all it is

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’d dispute the notion that you need to be rich to be able to relocate. Most people who’ve done that that I’ve met  have regular jobs that they either can do at a distance or they work in fields where they’re just fine without knowing the local language - stuff like graphic design, programming, writing, marketing, tutoring English, proofreading… Obviously moving costs something and you need to deal with some beraucracy, but once you do that, it’s not anything that fancy. You’d be paying rent at home too. If anything I’d say some people have moved up a class by doing this. I know a guy who got a degree and now he teaches high school English who was a truck driver back at home.

Agreed. Living in America is not cheap. Not to mention wherever you move is likely to have a much better healthcare system than the U.S. 

• Like 3

Just a verbal reminder to everyone, please keep the thread from straying too far off topic.

Additional verbal warning will be given for any future off-topic conversations.

• Thanks 1

I feel like Billie mentioned something about wanting to move to the UK years ago too, but obviously that never happened. I agree with @jengd. I think Billie's got that kind of brain that wanders between ideas all the time, whether he acts on them or not. They're all over in Europe right now anyway because of recording and getting ready for the next tour leg, so that may be as "semi-permanent" as it gets.

• Like 3