Green Day headlining Outside Lands Music Festival

Little Boy Named Booze

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

But it's kind of sad that no matter how rich and famous you are, you're never really free to do whatever you want.   I know that Green Day were to say, perform DOS in it's entirety everynight, followed by 10 Coldplay covers - the crowds would thin and their ability to tour would vanish. It just sucks.

It’s pretty safe to say that hardcore fans would be even more disappointed by that than the current Hella Mega setlist.

As much as we love the deep cuts more than anybody, It’d be wrong to say that at least one of the hits don’t land in our top songs (Which would get you the side eye in this community.)

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

It’s pretty safe to say that hardcore fans would be even more disappointed by that than the current Hella Mega setlist.

As much as we love the deep cuts more than anybody, It’d be wrong to say that at least one of the hits don’t land in our top songs (Which would get you the side eye in this community.)

That’s true. I’d be fine if I never heard Holiday and BOBD again, but Basket Case and Minority never get old for me. I’m sure everyone has their list

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Tbh I think doing a little more research before dishing out $200 might come a long way if you care about what’s being played.

What research would they be doing and where?  

• Like 1

Just now, HoneyEmerald said:

What research would they be doing and where?  

What songs are being played on setlist.fm

• Like 3

i am sure there are many people (like me) who dont do "research" before a show so you get surprised by the setlist

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i am sure there are many people (like me) who dont do "research" before a show so you get surprised by the setlist

Well then I hope they were surprised 😜 But if you care that much about what they play at a festival then I agree check out other recent festival setlists

• Like 4

On 8/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, Cali89 said:

Welcome to California! I hope you have a great time! 

Thank you!!!😊

On 8/5/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Have a great time 🎶 

Thanks! It was so much fun😁

On 8/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, jengd said:

Enjoy, I hope it’s awesome!

I wanna go back to a show so badly now haha. Had way too much fun!

On 8/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, chrism17 said:

Yeah that would be cool, how early do you think we need to get in there? Haven’t done Green Day at a festival before so not sure…

Ahh man. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this 😧 I got there at 12, and got into the pit around 1:30 and managed to get 2nd row in the barricade. How about you guys?

• Like 2

Just now, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Do you think they might do an "after" Outside Lands suprise show anywhere?

I hadn't really thought about it but I suppose anything is possible with this band :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I hadn't really thought about it but I suppose anything is possible with this band :lol:

Haha, here's to hoping that they will! I leave Cali Wednesday so I'm hoping maybe soon!🤞🤞😝

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pinkyy said:

I’m not saying that they should continue to have an all hits setlist, or that I prefer it this way. Rather that It’d be wrong to get rid of the hits entirely.

• Like 1

I think that they still play the greatest hits playlist is quite smart. That way they can now get attention of people who don‘t listen to Green Day or didn‘t listen to them for some time. And when they announce the new album, they can reach more people.

• Like 4