Green Day at 'Stand Up for Ukraine'

GreenDayItaly

On 3/28/2022 at 7:01 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I hope Will Smith will make an appearance!!

I hope Green Day will play Let Yourself Go then

Here is the link for tomorrow morning at 9 AM EST

• Like 4

I really think that’s all they are doing for this

from the press release it sounds like all the entertainers are doing the social media rally 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

I really think that’s all they are doing for this

from the press release it sounds like all the entertainers are doing the social media rally 

I think you are right. And it was never mentionned anywhere about a performance.
Same for Billie Eilish she just posted it. So no recording :( 

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I think you are right. And it was never mentionned anywhere about a performance.

I mean still watch you never know 🤣

48 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Maneskin, italian band just released a short song for #StandUpForUkraine so i guess it depends on what each musician wanted to do to participate 

• Like 1

I'm assuming they won't do a performance for this but I'm still hoping there will be something. I've not had the best week and could use some green day right about now... :tired: 

I'm glad that I was prepared for a letdown. Still a bit sad, though. I was hoping for more of a Live Aid/Live 8 style event.

• Like 3

I thought there was going to be a show or something but I suppose it’s come together quickly and no ads for tickets etc but I’d hoped for a performance.

I love this. This is an event, but the event is that nothing happens. There’s also no way this contributes to anything related to Ukraine or helps anyone. Postmodern masterpiece

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I love this. This is an event, but the event is that nothing happens. There’s also no way this contributes to anything related to Ukraine or helps anyone. Postmodern masterpiece

I suppose if it makes people donate then it helps but you are a right, a non-event event. 

Yeah other bands did performances for the social media rally 

Green Day just put out a tweet not even a video 🤣

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I suppose if it makes people donate then it helps but you are a right, a non-event event. 

Is there something concrete to donated to that’s related to this? It would make a lot more sense if there was.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is there something concrete to donated to that’s related to this? It would make a lot more sense if there was.

Yes you can donate here: https://www.globalgiving.org/global-citizen-ukraine/

Personally I look for and donate to small NGOs working directly on the field and on specific issues, but still, Global Citizen promote support for refugees from all over the globe. In this case is Ukraine, but they always work on this issue, which is not a very popular one across the globe in this political time. So not something to disdain at all IMHO.