1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And I think @Sanity Loan dropped the FOAM acronym like a week before and we all said, “What can that possibly stand for?” LOL

The acronym thing began with Latin fandoms

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Yea cuz green day knows what the working class life is like in 2023

They have friends and family that are still working and middle class

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If it was a new Green Day song playing into the commercial break in the 4th quarter of the Giants-Bills game last night, the drums sounded exactly like this teaser!!!

You sure it wasn't a new blink song ? 

29 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Yea cuz green day knows what the working class life is like in 2023

Making a record is harder than any union job

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They have friends and family that are still working and middle class

Oh silly me . well then they should def write an album from the perspective of a family member then . Wtf 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

As the new era soon begins, does anyone have any final words to offer the FOAM era? I still remember the day in 2019 when the single/album announcement came out and many on here thought it was a joke lol.

I’ve moved on from that era a long time ago. Personally, I never listen to FOAM. :ermm: I wish I could get into it. 
I’ll remember them appearing on Martha Stewart making pizzas, the ice hockey bullshit, the weird releases of here come the shock and Pollyanna, the hella mega shows I attended (pit tickets, baby!)and all the great non-foam releases (no fun mondays, MM part 2, BBC sesh, Insomniac + Nimrod + Dookie anniversaries).TheNetwork-Fink.jpg

17 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

It is possible for the rich to still understand and fight for the working class (see FDR, Bernie Sanders, etc).

Most major celebrities like Tom hanks said they should pay more in taxes willing to bet Hollywood gives more to the community than these rich right wingers do 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I find it funny that people think Billie, who grew up in a working class single parent household and who moved out of his mother's house living in rat infested slums, doesn't know what it's like to be working class and live rough and really only got the amount of success he was one of very few talented people to be lucky enough to be signed by a major label

How different is it being working class in 2023 to what it was like in the 80's or 90's? Because I feel like it was at least equally as hard back then. Even in 2009, Billie showed that he had a big grasp on the issues working people faced even after 15 years of mainstream success

Exactly mike too it's true billies dad was a truck driver idk about his mom when he died threw them into poverty 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ekim said:

Exactly mike too it's true billies dad was a truck driver idk about his mom when he died threw them into poverty 

His mom was a waitress

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Of all the put-of-touch or poser artists out there who pretend to relate to the common people (looking at you, Taylor Swift), Green Day are perhaps the least removed from normal society given their upbringings.

Taylor grew up well off dad is an accountant poured $1000s into a record label called big machine records and was promised his daughter would be at the head of the roster the rest is corporate plant history 

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic